• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Coconut Milk V Heavy Cream

QueenofSquats

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I check the nutrional value of coconut milk (which will taste yummy in a postworkout shake),is it safe to use coconut milk instead of heavy cream, should I be concerned about cholestrol...how much cholestrol is safe to take during a day???? any comments on coconut milk....

Heavy Cream
1cup-cal 410 Fat 44 Sat 27 Cholestrol 163mg Carb 3.3
Protein 2.44

Coconut Milk
1cup-cal 552 Fat 58 Sat 51 Carb 13 Fiber 5 Protein 5.5 Cholestrol nonnon

So heavy cream is the best for best workout and even at night....I use to love milk and starting tomorrow as I am starting a new way fo eating, no dairy...what can a subsitute in my coffee???

you can use heavy cream in your coffee, as long as you count it towards your daily calories.

One cool thing about coconut oil/milk is that the saturated fat in it is mostly lauric acid, which is a 14 chain saturated fat.

It's pretty much a MCT.

It's harmless as far as saturated fats go.

So is coconut milk better than heavy cream if I count it within my carb intake...Yanik thanks...for coffee half & half cream is that fine (as thats what the cafe have in toronto), that does have some carbs in it???

Guys/Girls...how much cholestrol is safe??/ should I be concerned about it or not...

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
One cool thing about coconut oil/milk is that the saturated fat in it is mostly lauric acid, which is a 14 chain saturated fat.

It's pretty much a MCT.

It's harmless as far as saturated fats go.

TCD, my inderstanding was C-8 and C-10 also......is that correct? :D

DP

QS.....we are less concerned about Saturated Fat (SF) when in lower insulin space, and SF in general..............we should have some good info here on SF that w8 or someone, can link you to! :D (Of course cis and trans fats are another matter.)

DP

Cheers...I am reducing my carbs from 180 to 90 increase fat from 55 to 80, C90 P178 F82 P40% F40% C20% is that a good ratio to gain muscle and reduce bf%, can this be done at the same time...in the morning can I have a fruit with oats? or no fruit atall...

i'm not sure about the half and half, but i believe it has more sugars in it, closer to milk. If you want to be a stickler with your diet, then avoid it, but once in a while its okay.

Yan, can you please look at the diet I have posted I am starting it from tomorrow, I will appreciate your feedback...Cheers

Originally posted by Dr. Pain

TCD, my inderstanding was C-8 and C-10 also......is that correct? :D

Yeah probably. In all honesty i couldn't tell you for certain, i just know that it's mostly (or a good portion are) lauric acid.

DP

QS.....we are less concerned about Saturated Fat (SF) when in lower insulin space, and SF in general..............we should have some good info here on SF that w8 or someone, can link you to! :D (Of course cis and trans fats are another matter.)

DP

Yeah, I have little concern for saturated fat. Except if i am on a gaining phase maybe. And/or in the presence of a higher carb intake.

Back