• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

abs workout - sufficient ?

fqqs

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
im doing this ABS workout 4 days a week:

2 x triset:

hanging leg raises ~ 15 reps
bicycle crunches (weighted) ~ 20 reps
weighted crunches ~ 20 reps

60s rest between both trisets

do you think that is sufficient for my abs?

#1 - great abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. w/o low body fat the abdominal wall can not be seen.

#2 - make sure to work your lower back with the same intensity and sets/reps as the abs. muscles work in pairs and to keep them in balance you have to work them equally

:hmmm:

:coffee:

Sufficient for wasting time? Sure. You nailed it!

Ab sessions such as this are pointless - ab training doesn't reduce the fat on your midsection, nor do crunches and other flexion-type movements make you more stable.

If you want a six pack you need to learn to manage your diet better. If you want core stability train your core to be stable and transfer force rather than create it.

im doing this ABS workout 4 days a week:

2 x triset:

hanging leg raises ~ 15 reps
bicycle crunches (weighted) ~ 20 reps
weighted crunches ~ 20 reps

60s rest between both trisets

do you think that is sufficient for my abs?

What are you trying to do? just work the midsection, lose BF, make them stronger, etc.?

IML Gear Cream!
i have a good diet, and very little fat. my 6-pack is visible, but i would like to have strong core and abs. deep valleys.

my weights workout routine consists almost only compund movements like squat, pullups, dips.

i would like to do this abs/core routine after each workout. it wouldnt take me more than 5 minutes, I guess.

It's an ab routine, not a core routine. Add in some planks, hypers, and a transverse movement to make it a core routine.

I agree I have a really low bodyfat and prominent abs - I do take fat burners that are natural. they give me more results than just an ab routine!

I agree I have a really low bodyfat and prominent abs - I do take fat burners that are natural. they give me more results than just an ab routine!

do you also have a power balance bracelete? thats importanta u know...

stay away from fat burners. all they do is jack up your heart rate making you feel like your doing so much more work than usual.

is this ok for women

If you are talking about Yohimbe, it might actually be more effective for women. Consider this:

From Girth Control: "Kucio's team gave 10 obese women 5mg 4x per day over a 3 week trial, and they lost significantly more weight than placebo (3.55 kg vs 2.21 kg). In contrast, Sax saw no effect of a high-dose (43 mg/day) in obese men."

Yohimbe acts as an alpha-2 receptor antagonist. It has similar effects as going on a low carb diet. A lot of this is presented in Lyle McDonald's Stubborn Fat Loss.

The referenced studies are here:

Kucio C, Jonderko K, Piskorska D. Does yohimbe act as a sliming drug? Isr J Med Sci1991;27:550-6

There have been other papers and studies that show how alpha-2 adrenoceptors antagonists such as Yohimbe can help with fat loss but actual studies to compare losses is small. So a lot of it is speculation or "Why things SHOULD work"

As we know, not everything works in practice as it logically should.

From my personal anecdotal experience, I like Yohimbe. But at the end of the day, thermodynamics still reigns supreme in overall fat loss or muscle gain.

Back