• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Man Dies of Caffeine Overdose prompting possible Ban

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!

In scary recent news, a British man has died of a caffeine overdose, according to a report. The 23-year-old, Michael Lee Bedford, apparently poisoned himself after using just two spoonfuls of caffeine powder. His grandmother now wants this particular lethal product banned.
Cause...Accidental Death with body outline

The report on this tragic death comes from The Nottingham Post. Apparently a friend of Bedford's bought the caffeine powder for just $5.26 online. He mixed it with an energy drink and within fifteen minutes was sweating and vomiting blood. Bedford didn't use the product according to its directions, and took a level of caffeine that was 70 times the amount found in energy drinks. The product's recommended dose was just 1/16th of a teaspoon.

The case of Michael's death was heard before a Coroner's court, with a verdict of accidental death returned. The coroner Dr. Nigel Chapman noted, ""Caffeine is so freely available on the internet for £3.29 but it's so lethal if taken in the wrong dose and here we see the consequence." Friends and family of Michael's are distrought and angry over the death. His aunt even said "there should be a warning on it saying it can kill."

Caffeine in this situation is clearly a deadly drug, like many other drugs used at parties. The difference is that caffeine is perfectly legal, so you wouldn't expect this. Obviously anyone who doesn't heed the instructions on a product will suffer the negative consequences. You can find plenty of examples in your kitchen that you just shouldn't overdo it with. However, there should be a significant warning on this particular product to warn of serious health issues and that it can potentially kill someone who takes too much. Michael's Grandmother even asked that this particular caffeine powder be banned. Does she have a point?

Do you think the caffeine product maker should be liable or is it really up to the person who takes the product to use it responsibly? Should this particular product be banned?

Man Dies of Caffeine Overdose prompting... | Gather

i knew it.

Hell no it shouldnt be banned. if i smoke a cig while pumping gas and i catch fire, do i sue the cig company or the gas station?

it'll never happen, this caffeine ban. and if it does, coffee is still legal and not going anywhere. fuck the UK. they've already banned toothpaste and floss, right? fuck em in both ears

Bedford didn't use the product according to its directions, and took a level of caffeine that was 70 times the amount found in energy drinks. The product's recommended dose was just 1/16th of a teaspoon.

people don't realize that caffeine is a drug even though it's naturally occurring. he probably should have read the directions, sucks for a young life to be lost for nothing.

ok, i was wondering where they got that other story involving dark geared god.

yeah well with all due respect to his poor grandmother- he sounds like he was probably a dipshit

/note to self- adding with all due respect to that doesn't make it anyless cold blooded

Just goes to prove:
A:This is gods way of weeding out idiots too stupid to be breeding.
B: There's not enough chlorine in the gene pool.

LOL funny..
Guess I am gonna eat 100g worth of vitamin c now LMAO..

IML Gear Cream!
i knew it.

Hell no it shouldnt be banned. if i smoke a cig while pumping gas and i catch fire, do i sue the cig company or the gas station?

it'll never happen, this caffeine ban. and if it does, coffee is still legal and not going anywhere. fuck the UK. they've already banned toothpaste and floss, right? fuck em in both ears

Fucking idiot him and you

i knew it.

:roflmao:

ok, i was wondering where they got that other story involving dark geared god.

yeah well with all due respect to his poor grandmother- he sounds like he was probably a dipshit

/note to self- adding with all due respect to that doesn't make it anyless cold blooded

"Bless her/his heart" is another good one.

:facepalm: that is all

Indeed.

The law of natural selection at work. Dont ban caffine ban stupid people.

There r too many of them though.

LOL funny..

Hell ya if 4 of my multivitamins r good for me 30 must be great! :wacko:

He obviously didn't read the directions so what fucking good would a warning label have been?

I understand the old dear is obviously distraught about this and wants something to channel that anger into, but for fuck's sake.

Before i buy ANY new supplement i research the ingredients, usually from journal sources as well as testimonials from people i trust, work out just how much i should take before even buying it, obviously weight up the cost factor, and only then will i buy it IF im completely satisfied.

If this guy had done even a shred of research into caffeine he'd have immediately found out how dangerous it is in large quantities. If he'd have read the fucking label he'd have found out how much he should have taken. Anybody who has taken caffeine would have known these things too. If he'd even applied some sort of logic to it by saying "Okay, so a red bull drink gets me buzzed and its only got...huh, 52mg? Wow, i better be careful considering a teaspoon is 5g and theres 500g in the whole bag!".

Goddamn, they could have sent him protein and he wouldn't have noticed he read so little of the packaging. Theres even a "servings per bag" on most supps. Surely he must have noticed he couldnt get a few hundred teaspoons out of there?

I know speaking ill of the dead is bad and all, and it's horrible that this guy has died before his time, but come on. The fuck up that killed him was his own.

LOL funny..
exuse me sir,but anything over 500mg at a time is a pro oxidant.

=p

all kidding aside,doesn't anyone care about what goes into their body? now we have to talk about people researching caff???

stop the insanity!!!!! :mooh: :mooh: :mooh:

:coffee:

The UK could ban stupidity, but we got enough of them here...

Damn,I'd hate to be the guinea pig,lab rat or whatever the hell to get tested with that shit...sad, sad, sad,young kid...

caffeine is water soluble. just snort a small line and its like drinking 4 espressos at once.

IML Gear Cream!
This is ridiculous. You can overdose on almost every substance in the world if you are being a bone head and don't pay attention to the recommended dosages. This ban has no chance IMO. Not even worth discussing.

i knew it.

100% agree!!!

i knew it.

limey cock-suckers wont ban shit. They will spend an eternity complaining about it though :coffee:

how many mg of caffeine is too much?

I don't know of any toxic values, but as far as bodybuilding standards are concerned, 800mg a day is right at the egde. If you're taking fat burners in three doses, you're usually getting 600mg a day, but these are whole day numbers, I'm not sure what single dose numbers are. If you're taking a pre-workout, you're probably taking between 150mg-300mg in a single setting.

I don't know of any toxic values, but as far as bodybuilding standards are concerned, 800mg a day is right at the egde. If you're taking fat burners in three doses, you're usually getting 600mg a day, but these are whole day numbers, I'm not sure what single dose numbers are. If you're taking a pre-workout, you're probably taking between 150mg-300mg in a single setting.

Yeah.... and such reckless misuse of a product does not mean that it should be banned. People misuse alcohol on a constant basis, yet, it is not banned (again) due to this.

I have taken 3 scoops of AS-Gt at once, that is over 400 mgs and it is just too much for my body. Some people can take a ton but most that I have ran into used to or still take products like Adderal or the like. That or they drink a TON of coffee and have perpetual adrenal fatigue.

Yah was just wondering cause I take 2 alpha T2, 1 OxyElite Pro, 2 Lean Xtreme in mourning 2 scoops Jack3d evening before gym with 1,Oxyelite,1 alpha,1 lean xtreme also

its the guys fult.
WTF done he know 100mg id 1/10th of a gram, couldent he just look and know i mean WTF.
its not there fult.
i usepure caffeein powder at times and i waigh it and i DEFF wouldent just "take a few scoops"

Acute toxic dose is dependent on bodyweight and individual sensitivity, if an average 70kg man who had never taken caffeine before took 5 grams in one dose i would be worried. 10 grams and he'd surely die soon after.

Also depends on susceptibility to heart failure resulting from that level of CNS stimulation, too. If you have a heart condition, a previous heart condition, or even a family history of sudden cardiac death or CHD, then caffeine probably isn't the supplement for you. To a lesser extent, the same goes for high blood pressure.

You can also get fucked up by taking a relatively low does (50-200mg) on a regular basis for an extended length of time. You can even get withdrawal symptoms and everything.

Drugs are drugs. Just because they sell it in shops doesn't mean they can't do damage easily. I think its easy to forget that even paracetamol and aspirin can kill you, and some people pop them like candy.

Hell, even chocolate has a lethal dose. Its a few pounds, but i'm sure some fatty somewhere has managed it.

Back