• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

is it worth it to have a intra drink

nutta

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
as the title suggests are there benefits to having an intra drink, i was planning on taking 50 grams of dextrose in the middle of ym workout then have a poste shake as normal

I've never found this to be helpful. During my workout, I just stay hydrated with water, and save the simple carbs for after.

as the title suggests are there benefits to having an intra drink, i was planning on taking 50 grams of dextrose in the middle of ym workout then have a poste shake as normal

You know...I thought it was funny when these intra-workout drinks hit the market. For years we've all heard that the best time to take in simple sugars is immediately post-workout. This is still true. Simple sugars digest within about 5 minutes of hitting the small intestine. So, these companies starting selling this "large-molecule complex carb" drink that when taken in during a workout will produce better pumps and give you more fuel during training. Only a very small portion of complex carbs are digested immediately. The majority of the rest of the carbs take anywhere from 1 hour to 1.5 hours to digest completely. How is that supposed to give you more fuel? Ah yes...an added stimulant...and some CarnoSyn...that's the ticket.
It's really just simple science and I think that's why these drinks haven't sold that well. Just another marketing ploy that I would stay away from if I were you. I don't use these drinks, no Monster, and certainly no Gatorade...just plain 'ol water during training.

Unless you have performance-oriented training with 2+ hour sessions, there's no real reason for an intra-WO supplement outside of BCAA.

The only time I had benefits from an intra drink was when I was training for 2+ hours. I only think athletes need this option personally. I did read a study recently though that showed increased protein synthesis while consuming whey during training? Not sure if I am remembering it correct or not??

Unless you have performance-oriented training with 2+ hour sessions, there's no real reason for an intra-WO supplement outside of BCAA.

For a longer session, I'll add in a scoop of gatorade, bcaas and a little stim to keep me going.

IML Gear Cream!
BCAA's are all I recommned and as someone else mentioned, if you're bulking and are allowed the extra kcals, gatoraid is a simple, yet effective enough choice.

I prefer the pre-workouts myself, but I do take intra-BCAA's.

never herd of drinking dextrose during WO, save that for postWO drink. INTRA WO drink is usually protine or ibcaa's..

throw 5-10g iBCAA's in a bottle of water and your good.

My current drink is a pre/intra and I noticed difference in terms of my stamina, ability to keep lefting heavy until the last minute, especially on heavy HIT full body routine I usually get burned out after heavy deadlifts and bench presses, but consuming an intra helps me keep that momentum and keep lefting heavy. The cheapest Intra drink I used to make is pretty much Gatorade mixed with some BCAA/Glutamine. Sometimes I would ues the same pre drink mixed with Gatorade and consume while lifting. It worked for me.

Back