• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Anyone have any advice ? Really appreciated

Helpme

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey Folks.

I'm Joe, currently living in London. 6ft, 110kg and really starting to lose hope.

I've currently been dieting for 4 weeks, focusing on high protein meals at approx 1700 Calories a day, keeping sugar, carbs and fat to a minimum. I also currently am studying for exams and am not finding time to go to the gym. I'm starting to lose hope now... I'm endomorphic, roundish head and I really am finding it extremely hard to burn fat.

Could anyone please help me ? I'm willing to do anything at all, my target is too burn the fat and build some muscle at the same time, mainly Pectoral and Abdominal.

Any supplementary, dietary or home fitness advice (I can make it too the gym if I knew what I was doing but I just seem to go and do random things that arn't really doing anything..)

Thank you SO MUCH in advance if anyone gets the time to look at this.

Here do some homework. Go google and find out what your BMR is. Then post it here. We can go from there.

Helpme, take a look at the link in my signature on getting started.

You mentioned that you are eating 1700 calories a day. Do you weigh/measure/track your food or are you estimating?

You would be well served to figure out what your maintenance calories are (i.e. the intake amount were you don't gain or lose weight). I'm not a fan of those online calculators, you can get a more accurate measure by doing so with trial and error.

How much total weight have you lost in those four weeks?

Last edited:
You definitely need more than 1700 cals. That's basically a starvation diet. You need to get at least 2500/day. Keep eating clean like you are and try to make it to the gym at least 3-4 x week. As far as what to do, just read everything you can get your hands on. Don't read Muscle & Fitness, Flex, or any of the other muscle comics. They give you unrealistic expectations and are basically just pushing garbage supps. Men's Health would be a good one. You can also find lots of good training articles on the net for free. 3-4 good training session a week with moderate cardio 3xweek will do you fine. Just keep researching and training, keep the diet clean, be patient, and you'll make progress.

I'm with Gears, you need more than 1700 calories. You also stated you've been dieting for four weeks. Give it time and remember, a pound or two per week is good progress. It took time to gain weight, and it takes time to change your habits and lose the weight. Check out the link in Marat's signature-lots of great info. Learn how to train and eat a balanced diet, and you'll be well on your way. Good luck!

Good advice here. I would like to further add, when you say high protein and keeping sugars, carbs and fats to a minimum, what are your macros? From the sound of it you are not taking in enough fat. On a low carb, ketogenic diet the goal is to switch your body away from burning glycogen (carbs) to fat. In otherwords you need to make your body proficient at using fat as a fuel instead of glycogen. Typically you do 6 low carb days, and than once a week do a carb up to replenish the glycogen.

To accomplish this a 65% fat, 25% protein and 10% diet is the standard. I recently started a 55% fat, 40% protein, 5% carb diet with good success. I started at 220 lbs, and only take in 1800-2000 kcals a day...and never feel hungry. Shoot for saturated fats under 15%, protein from fresh poultry, whole eggs, egg whites, lean meats, low fat cottage cheese, and fish sources, and the carbs from dark, green leafy vegetables like romaine, broccoli and raw spinach. Olive oil, mayo, italian dressing, avocados, etc are good sources of fat. High saturated fat foods like cheese, bacon, and sour cream are ok in moderation.

First thing you need to do is track your diet to see where exactly you are at. Fitday.com has an excellent, and free, online diet tracker. Hope this gets you started.

Back