• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

anyone here compete?

stepaukas

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
anyone on this message board compete in bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman contests, or oly lifting meets? i constantly see the same dozen young guys giving advice from ab training to oly lifting.. i often wonder how some at such a young age know so much. but i never see results posted on competitions. dosent anyone compete?

there have been several threads on this recently......just do a simple search for the word "compete"....there are many of us here

anyone on this message board compete in bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman contests, or oly lifting meets? i constantly see the same dozen young guys giving advice from ab training to oly lifting.. i often wonder how some at such a young age know so much. but i never see results posted on competitions. dosent anyone compete?

I am training for O lifting and hoping to compete at some point next year. There are many reasons I have not competed in the past, but the biggest is training experience - I have not been dedicated to training for the sport for more than a few months. The other thing is that it is very difficult to find O lifting gyms and they are basically essential at a certain point. I stubbornly denied this for a while.

Last edited:
I am training for O lifting and hoping to compete at some point next year. There are many reasons I have not competed in the past, but the biggest is training experience - I have not been dedicated to training for the sport for more than a few months. The other thing is that it is very difficult to find O lifting gyms and they are basically essential at a certain point. I stubbornly denied this for a while.

you're in atlanta....are you familiar with Coffee's Gym?......it's a pretty serious Oly lifting and powerlifting place

Only in chicken breast eating contest.

you're in atlanta....are you familiar with Coffee's Gym?......it's a pretty serious Oly lifting and powerlifting place

I'm actually in Chicago right now but going back to Atlanta for the winter and spring months. My problem is that I'm a student and I don't really have the transportation to get to a place like that.

There are a few weightlifting clubs within the city limits that I may check out.

I have competed in strongman since 2001, and powerlifting since 1998, doing more raw pwerlifting than anything right now, as my knees are not liking the heavy moving events as much, have done some Highland games comps also.

ST

IML Gear Cream!
Post op 3 months from shoulder surgery... won States(Michigan), Nationals and qualified for Worlds all in APF Division 242lb class Sub-Master. Rehab is over and I am getting back in the gym to get ready for another season.. I will be in Master this year for I turn 40. I am a raw lifter, but I think due to my shoulder injury I am going to go equiped. I look forward to post my journal of my comback, I have been trying to get my vids posted, I have a 505 gym bench and a 600 pound 3 bourd press raw, but they are too big of a file. Hope to get them up soon.

Competed in powerlifting for over ten years. Takes a great deal of time and effort to compete, and it does get harder as we get older. I know a guy who is in his 60's and still competes, but most of us fall off due to injuries or just general wear and tear. I'm 44 now, and I'm not sure I'll ever compete at the level I did when I was younger.

I did MMA for a few years, but haven't competed in about 15 months while I finish out grad school. I still train on an infrequent basis, but haven't been consistent enough to really advance my game.

Our powerlifting coach is 57 and pulled 755 raw at Worlds in Florida this year...He has held the World Record for deads and total for his age for the last 6 years(AAPF). Other then this recent shoulder surgery I am actually stronger now then I was 10 years ago.. I think that holds true, due to the fact of the size of the Master division(40-45).. alot of competitions will hold a whole day just for Masters..

Our powerlifting coach is 57 and pulled 755 raw at Worlds in Florida this year...He has held the World Record for deads and total for his age for the last 6 years(AAPF). Other then this recent shoulder surgery I am actually stronger now then I was 10 years ago.. I think that holds true, due to the fact of the size of the Master division(40-45).. alot of competitions will hold a whole day just for Masters..

Congrats on coming back from your shoulder surgery. I just had my lower back done 18 months ago. Recovery can be a challenge. Never really thought about the Masters competitions, but it might be a nice way to stay involved in the sport. Good luck in competing. Sounds like your coach is a helluva lifter. I guess some so get better with age!

A 755 raw pull is pretty damn good. Is this guy SHW?

Planning to compete in powerlifting once university is over and done with. Only for fun really, i honestly couldn't care less about winning.

awsome!!

i'm not a strongman, b builder or powerlifter, but a skinny cyclist that likes to lift.. one day, i would like to enter a deadlift contest. at 145 my best is 365.. not sure how i do, but when the cycling is all over and done with, i still want to compete..just on a different stage..

Back