• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

calories on off days...

gymforlife

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
something i have always thought, do you still need to eat above maintnance on your off days to promote growth

As usual, it depends on how the rest of your regimen looks. Eating at maintenance during off days isn't unheard of -- for instance, Martin Berkhan has plenty of success with his clients following such a protocol.

Personally, I eat about 100 calories or so below my bulking intake. It's still very high above my maintenance though.

Keep this in mind: your off days are the days your body grows ;)

well im following a three day split at the mo would that make any difference marat? i tend yo eat at maintnance level

well im following a three day split at the mo would that make any difference marat? i tend yo eat at maintnance level

Depends on your goals dude....

Are you trying to bulk up and you don't care about body fat or are you trying to lean bulk ?

I tend to eat more calories on workout days versus "off days" because I don't require as much energy as I don't work a physically demanding job. But at the same time, I am trying to stay lean year round. And if I didn't care so much about my appearance in the mirror, I would probably be eating 500-1000 calories above maintenance daily regardless of whether or not I am working out.

Just my opinion, thanks.

Last edited:
i am trying tp bulk, but do care boutfat levels, iv started eating 25 times my bodyweight in caloires from pounds, on my workout days, i seem to put on about half a pound or a pound that follwing day after a workout so i try to balence it out by eating at maintnance on rest days

Shouldn't be gaining more than 1-3lbs a month. Anything above that is fat.

Always measure yourself first thing in the morning as well for most accuracy.

I thought it was a general rule of thumb to gain 2 pounds a week? so thats 8 pounds in a month

IML Gear Cream!
I tend to eat on my off days according to my activity level if I plan to just stay home and relax I eat maintanence calories I do not believe in gaining a lot of bodyfat so I never really do a traditional bulk its just more I have to diet and do cardio later, I try to put on quality pounds

Back