• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

casien and whey post workout?

gymforlife

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know that a combination of these two proteins get beter results post workout then just whey alone, but is there a rough idea of whats a good blend.

I mean iv got whey but i dont have any casien, so could I just use 20 grams of whey with milk so thats 23 grams of whey and 13 grams of casien or would it make a difference to invest in some casien and make it a 20:20 mix

I know that a combination of these two proteins get beter results post workout then just whey alone, but is there a rough idea of whats a good blend.

I mean iv got whey but i dont have any casien, so could I just use 20 grams of whey with milk so thats 23 grams of whey and 13 grams of casien or would it make a difference to invest in some casien and make it a 20:20 mix

IMO, it's better to just use whey protein post workout. After your workout you need protein that acts fast (whey). Casein releases slowly my basically making the contents in your stomach thick so that it digests over a long period of time.

If you mix casein with whey it would make the whey slow-acting...IMO

Casein is best used at night before bed

IMO, it's better to just use whey protein post workout. After your workout you need protein that acts fast (whey). Casein releases slowly my basically making the contents in your stomach thick so that it digests over a long period of time.

If you mix casein with whey it would make the whey slow-acting...IMO

Casein is best used at night before bed

Most of these statements starkly contrast from what evidence suggests and therefore your conclusions are mostly nonsense. Your logic stems from an extreme overestimation of the rate of protein absorption. I recommend that you review the literature associated with protein absorption rates.

To the OP, if you have whey and casein both handy, you might as well use them together. You'll be fine just taking one or the other as well. Additionally, casein is just fine at any time. These ridiculous concepts that slot casein and whey into specific roles is based on a wild misunderstanding of absorption but mostly is a concept pushed by supplement companies to convince you to buy both tubs.

post workout you want to use whey, all other times you would want to ingest a blended protein which is metabolized much slower. the rapid digestion of whey protein fractions and the corresponding increase in serum amino acid (AA) concentration causes stimulates muscle protein synthesis. this is why whey is considered an "anabolic" supplement and caesin is considered an "anti-catabolic" supplement.

I take hydro whey after gym, and casein right before bed

anytimes a good time for casein . . it's the ratios of whey:casein that matters

I just picked up a tub of Nitro Core 24 to try out. Maybe this combination is something you may be interested in. It's made by Optimum Nutrition and contains 10 different proteins:
For a Faster Rate of Digestion- Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides, Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolate, Cross-Flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate, Glutamine Peptides.

For an Intermediate Rate of Digestion- Egg Albumen, Milk Protein Isolate, Ultrafiltered Milk Protein Concentrate.

For a Slower Rate of Digestion- Micellar Casein, Calcium Caseninate.

It also contains Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids as well as 5 grams of dietary fiber. This information came directly from the container.

Any opinions? Gimmick or G2G?

Back