• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

shock training

rebel

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
anybody use this type of training to "shock" your muscles into new growth? if so, what are some of your favorite shock routines?

My fav shock techniques...

-dropsets
-supersets
-negative training
-rest/pause
-extremely high rep sets

i was looking for some alternatives to go along with your cyclical program. i've been using it the past 5 weeks with awesome results.

i train at home with the following equipment:

-power rack
-lat pulldown machine with low pulley
-chin/dip/push-up station
-300lb olympic set
-db's up to 55lbs
-adjustable bench with leg ext/curl

Originally posted by rebel
i was looking for some alternatives to go along with your cyclical program. i've been using it the past 5 weeks with awesome results.

i train at home with the following equipment:

-power rack
-lat pulldown machine with low pulley
-chin/dip/push-up station
-300lb olympic set
-db's up to 55lbs
-adjustable bench with leg ext/curl

Cool, you've been using power, rep range, shock! Awesome results...I'm really glad its working for you. When you say alternatives, what do you mean? How can I help?

just some different exercises for variety during my shock week. i'm ok on the power and rep range weeks, but i've never done any type of shock-style training and was unsure of what to do for a change. any advice or tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

As far as legs go there is a good routine for supersets in the new flex, and for the life of me I can't remeber who it's about specifically, similar to Fade99 and Twin peaks leg challenge in the online diaries but you may need the diversity of the gym to follow it exactly.

Originally posted by rebel
just some different exercises for variety during my shock week. i'm ok on the power and rep range weeks, but i've never done any type of shock-style training and was unsure of what to do for a change. any advice or tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Well, you have two choices really. You can use different "intensity techniques" with each shock week, or, change up the exercises. But don't change exercises just for the sake of change. You still must stick to what works. Since I favor supersets during shock week I will simply change my combinations. I usually prefer "pre-exhaust" supersets, but I may change that every now and again. There are so many combinations to use...just be creative. You don't even have to change exercises completely...you can change rep performance, angles, and grips.

Originally posted by Overdrive
...little question...what's a dropset?

An example would be if your were doing a Dropset for DB curls, you would start with a weight you could get around 8 reps out of to failure then drop the weight down and do another 6 reps to failure. that would be one set.

IML Gear Cream!
drop set. watching lycra clad women working out and dropping the dumbells on your partner. a drop set..:yell: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Hehehehe, I like your discription better Tank. :thumb:

Originally posted by Tank316
drop set. watching lycra clad women working and dropping the dumbells on your partner. a drop set..:yell: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thats my Tank, LOL.

a super set, well need i say more.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

a tri set. i tri'ed to get a date with her but she said no.:cry: :laugh: :laugh:

rest and pause training.......... forget it, i wont say what i was thinking, but you can use your own judgement on this.:dance: :booty:

TUT, never mind.

Tank for president!!!!!!!

Back