• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

help please!!!!!!!

raider6969

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I weigh 222 lbs, 6 feet, not sure about fat %,between 15-20%.
i am trying to bulk.
i eat 3500 calories /day. 50% protein, 20% carbs, 30%fat. once or twice cheats per week.

i got a dilema. i dont understand how will i know, the right amount of calories is for me .should i keep on increasing calories every couple of weeks? decrease calories? should i leave at present level.

It all depends on how much weight you are gaining/losing. a .5-1.5lb gain/week is spot on (lol, i'm turning into an englishman). If your maintaining your weight week to week, you know your maint. cals, add about 200cals/week until you are gaining in the .5-1.5lb/week range. Just use some common sense, a scale, and a journal and you should be able to find your ideal amount of cals.

im still a bit confused. if i keep on adding 200 cals per week, ill be eating 10 000 in a few months. when do i stop adding?

OK check this out, it comes down to 24h calorie balance. Although people will argue about types of cals etc, i don't believe it makes a big difference.

Say your maint cals are 3000 cals/day. That means if you eat 3000 cals/day for a week you will theoretically stay the same weight (beginners will add muscle/lose fat simultaneously). Eat 3200 cals/day for a week, and you will be eating an extra 1400 cals week, which will go toward building muscle, and you will inevitably gain some fat.

So week 1 you count cals and don't gain weight,

week 2 you add 200 cals/day and you gain some weight but its less than .5lb so,

week 3 add another 200 cals.

You start gaining .5-1.5lbs/week, you know your cals are good. When you stop gaining increase cals again by 200, until you start gaining again.

Comprende?

sure, thanx ,it makes sence. if i gain more than 1.5 lbs,does it mean i eat too much? will i ever hit a level where the 0.5-1.5 lbs that i gain will be all fat?

I disagree with the 1.5 lbs gain in 1 week. On average, one can gain at most 10-15 lbs of muscle a year provided they are not a newbie and not juiced up. I am being very liberal with this too, I would almost bet it is less. So, say this is for a bulk that lasts half the year, that gives you .5 lbs per week. If you gain 1.5 lbs per week, 66% will be fat. Since you are already between 15-20%, I would recommend staying at .5 lbs per week. My biggest recommendation would be to cut down first if you ever want to be in the single digits in your lifetime. If you are a lineman and don't care about your weight, go ahead and do the 1.5 lbs a week.

ahh thats a tough statement duncan, when you first start out its possibly to gain an easy 20- 3o pounds of lean mass that first year. But I do agrea with you as far the fat gain with muscle. It all depends on his goal. If he is a bodybuilder Id say go for now while he is young get as much muscle as possible and cut later.

Hey honkey cracker, I said newbies are absolved of my statement. ;)

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Duncan
I disagree with the 1.5 lbs gain in 1 week. On average, one can gain at most 10-15 lbs of muscle a year provided they are not a newbie and not juiced up. I am being very liberal with this too, I would almost bet it is less. So, say this is for a bulk that lasts half the year, that gives you .5 lbs per week. If you gain 1.5 lbs per week, 66% will be fat. Since you are already between 15-20%, I would recommend staying at .5 lbs per week. My biggest recommendation would be to cut down first if you ever want to be in the single digits in your lifetime. If you are a lineman and don't care about your weight, go ahead and do the 1.5 lbs a week.

Wow, thats pessimistic as hell, but i'm not going to argue, because frankly you know what you're talking about. Also, i don't have a lot of real life experience at bulks so i can't say for sure. You're probably right, and life sucks.

but, what about teens?

Originally posted by Duncan
On average, one can gain at most 10-15 lbs of muscle a year provided they are not a newbie and not juiced up. I am being very liberal with this too, I would almost bet it is less.

I wish I could gain that much muscle in a year! :)

I agree you're being very liberal with this.

Teens should also be exempt, those little hormone pumping fukkers.

*Feels happy about being a hormone pumping fukker*

*Looks in the mirror*

*Mirror breaks from the sheer volume of acne*

*doesn't feel so happy about being a hormone pumping fukker*

:grumble:

i have been cut before, i wanna gain alot of mass. out of the 0.5-1.5 lbs per week,how much of it is it muscle? when i add calories, i do it minimum every 2 weeks. if half of the weight gain is fat, eventually ill become fat,no?

Yes, keep weight gain at a pound every 2 weeks. Of course, if you have been dieting, you could expect a larger initial increase in the 1st week since you will store more glycogen and hold more water which is basically one in the same.

so basically i can bulk utnil im satisfied with my gains or i get too much fat? then i cut?

Keep adding calories until your gaining large amounts of fat, with your balance as listed and number of calories I almost laugh at your "cheat days" LoL, seriously it already sounds like your eating pizza :D

Duncan is right, when you first start out gaining muscle is easy for a few months, then it slows down drastically for MOST people unless you are an easy gainer (naturally muscle bound). Skip Lacour has a video on how he gained 16 pounds of muscle in one year, and he's no slouch.

http://skiplacour.com/

mudge, ur right i do like pizza and ice cream aswell. my family eats lots of unhealthy food, though none of them are fat. many times i sit on the table to eat my tuna or chicken , while they're eating away on "garbage" food,sometimes my temptation gives in. when i'll cut, i will not each(at least i hope i wont).

IML Gear Cream!
Once a week or two I have a half gallon of ice cream, 2246 calories. I almost maintain my bodyweight around 3k calories though, 65% protein 11% carbs 24% fats (EFAs), I'm trying to add some more weight myself right now though so I am going to eat normal people food along with my chicken/protein shakes etc, normal people food meaning loaded with fat and carbs :D

Back