• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Refrigerator/Freezer Motor Reset?

LAM

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
the gf periodically buys way to many frozen veggies and causes the motor in a Whirlpool ED5FHG to shut down. anyone know how to reset these things?

Are you sure that is the correct model? I did a search as Whirlpool for it and got nothing.

ED5FHGXKQ02 is the correct one

Has it shut down before and you reset it. Sounds like from all the veggies killing the air flow you now have ice holding the fan blade in place.. Can you hear a humming noise coming from the freezer compartment?

gf just took all the veggies out doesn't seem to be any ice. some kind of clicking sound coming from the rear by the compressor, maybe?

Compressor is hot and going off on the overload. Unplug for one hour and then plug it back in.

Absolutely, clean the condensor and vacuum all around compressor compartment. This is actually a common problem when having the door open a while and overloading the freezer.

IML Gear Cream!
gf just took all the veggies out doesn't seem to be any ice. some kind of clicking sound coming from the rear by the compressor, maybe?
I had this happen, it turned out some condensation formed and refroze on the fan blade making a clicking sound.....just one of several possibilities.....

This is what i was saying eariler, women seem to push so much food in there it pushes the plastic covering in to the fan blade. But there is an overload on the compressor that makes a clicking sound when its too hot when its trying to start. (educated opinion)

just unplugged the unit will wait a good hour to see if the compressor cools off. vacuumed all the dust bunnies out also.

I think she did the same thing a couple of years ago and the Whirlpool man came out and replaced some kind of relay..?

thanks to everyone for the tips!!

see if any of the shit you bought is blocking the air flow from the back (Vents) need unrestricted flow:coffee:

Back