• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Price of Crude Oil wil hit $150-200 Within 6-9 months

Big Smoothy

Windy City
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm putting my neck on the line and making a prediction. We can save this thread, as if I'm wrong you can whip me.

Always speculation on Crude Oil Prices, but I believe we'll see Price of Crude oil at minimum $150 USD within 6-9 months, which is July to September of 2011.

Gas will hit $4 per gallon at least, and lean towards, or hit $5 per gallon.

Today, it's at $91 per barrel. Gas prices are inching up.

You're only putting your neck on the line for giving a specific date. There is no doubt in my mind we will be paying those prices at the fuel pump.

Why don't you make some money off your idea. Buy a vanilla ETN that follows crude (example: ticker symbol OIL) or some oil futures if you really think your timing is right.

I agree in theory, but timewise you are simply guessing as that is all anyone can do.

^ True, it's a guestimate, based on readings.

As for investing, I have to stay in cash because my savings are low and I need to build them up. I'm getting over 11% in the bank, but there is inflation where I live that is near 12%.

Depends on what you purchase with your cash, of course.

It could hit 10.00 a gal i would still be driving at least the poor would be off the roads..:coffee:

It could hit 10.00 a gal i would still be driving at least the poor would be off the roads..:coffee:

Good man.

Back when it was $5 per gallon, people were bitching like it was destroying their lives and taking all their money.

I fill up every 2 weeks and have a 15 gallon tank. When gas was $2/gallon, I paid $30 per gallon, or $60 per month. When it was $5/gallon, I paid $150 per month. That's a difference of $90. Yes, it sucks to pay that much more, but if your budget it such that $100 to $150 more a month is going to destroy you fiscally, gas isn't your biggest problem.

Good man.

Back when it was $5 per gallon, people were bitching like it was destroying their lives and taking all their money.

I fill up every 2 weeks and have a 15 gallon tank. When gas was $2/gallon, I paid $30 per gallon, or $60 per month. When it was $5/gallon, I paid $150 per month. That's a difference of $90. Yes, it sucks to pay that much more, but if your budget it such that $100 to $150 more a month is going to destroy you fiscally, gas isn't your biggest problem.
Exactly:thinking:

IML Gear Cream!
shit, I drive around until I find the highest price for gas.

i only pay top dollar for my petro.

it shows how rich I am. I love it when i'm at the pump filling up my tank. People look at me like, wow, that dude must really have it going on. He is filling up his tank while everyone else just puts 5 on it.

Good man.

I'd say that 100-150$ would be a setback towards buying a house, not just if you're poor. If I have to budget for that additional cost, then that's an additional 1800$ net or 2400$+ pre-tax yearly amount that I'd need to have the same balance per month.

I'd say that 100-150$ would be a setback towards buying a house, not just if you're poor. If I have to budget for that additional cost, then that's an additional 1800$ net or 2400$+ pre-tax yearly amount that I'd need to have the same balance per month.

Like I said, the money lost sucks, but if your fiscal well-being is ruined because of the price hike, the gas wasn't the real problem. People with healthy fiscal management can absorb that.

Just a little update.

Gasoline in US will hit $4-5 per gallon by September/October.

Just a little update.

Doesn't bother me any. As a matter of fact it will help me since I have 6cyl car I want to get rid of this year in exchange for a gas pig SUV or PU. I can't wait for those dumb asses to run to the dealers again as they did in '08 and take $10,000 bathes on their SUV trades.

This whole khadafi situation right now is basically insuring that those projected prices are going to be pretty spot on. Unless obama opens up the emergency reserves to stabilize the prices, which he probably wont. Didnt he say he wanted to put 1 million electrics on the road by 2015. :thinking:

Just a little update.

the price of crude oil will continually increase to match US inflationary monetary policy.

Just wait until the day the Russia and China says they will no longer be paying for crude in US Dollars and the rest of the world follows.

seeing as the dollar backed by nothing except faith in the US economy, which in turn is fueled by consumer spending, the future of the dollar is rather bleak...

Rise Baby Rise, the higher oil goes the more electricity costs and the more people turn to alternatives like solar which is good for my company and the environment...

IML Gear Cream!
According to the Turkish newspapers, Libya stopped the exporting crude oil today which is making a big impact on Italy who buys 35% of its oil from Libya and the stock markets dropped all over the world, oil prices are up and gold prices are going up slowly

According to the Turkish newspapers, Libya stopped the exporting crude oil today which is making a big impact on Italy who buys 35% of its oil from Libya and the stock markets dropped all over the world, oil prices are up and gold prices are going up slowly

Yes, Libya's oil goes to Europe, but this will impact the US.

Worldwide increases in Brent Crude and WTI.

I invented an engine that runs solely on air. I was out fucking around in the garage with a new tiger pump design I am working on when the thing just started going by itself. I just need to survive the saudi attempts against my life and patent it real quick.

That'll do wonders for the economy. It sure is a good thing President Hussein supports domestic energy production. Oh wait, that was the Hussein we hung. Our current Hussein subscribes to the disastrous fringe leftist ideology that we can force people off oil and onto an energy source that doesn't exist yet if oil just becomes expensive enough.

That'll do wonders for the economy. It sure is a good thing President Hussein supports domestic energy production. Oh wait, that was the Hussein we hung. Our current Hussein subscribes to the disastrous fringe leftist ideology that we can force people off oil and onto an energy source that doesn't exist yet if oil just becomes expensive enough.

Whenever the price of oil (gasoline) goes up to a certain critical levels, there is talk by politicians for "new types of energy." And more R & D is done. When the price goes back down....things return to normal.

But I think discussing and encouraging investment into other forms of energy has and will have many benefits.

The oil companies are powerful, and they kill those who oppose them: Operation Ajax in 1953 in Iran. Look what the result was? That was all, because of oil.

South America, also.

Iraq, 2 times.

The US oil companies (IMO) do not want to tap US oil that is contained in Alaska and the offshore in the Gulf, and even in the US, until the price hits a high point.

Until then, the US gov keep buying from the Middle East and Saudi Arabia in particular because the US *needs* Saudi Arabia to buy US T-bills (debt) and needs the OPEC countries to use the US Dollar in oil transactions. The Petro-dollar.

When the Petro dollars goes.....the USD Dollar will.....down quite a bit.

Yeah, we've proven time and again how good these oil companies are at drilling for oil, safety is obviously their first priority. I mean, it's been at least 6 months since the greatest ecological disaster in American history, caused by these buffoons and their complete disregard for anything other than profit.

Our current Hussein subscribes to the disastrous fringe leftist ideology that we can force people off oil and onto an energy source that doesn't exist yet if oil just becomes expensive enough.

kind of like the far right does with abortion and the related benefits that go along with helping that single mother. they "think" that by de-funding abortion birth rates to single mothers will decrease! :roflmao:

Brent and WTI, keep inching up.
--
Gas Prices Climbing Toward $5 Per Gallon

April 11, 2011

CHICAGO (CBS) – At one time, $5 per gallon gas seemed like a far-fetched idea, but that is no longer the case.

As of Monday, the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in the Chicago area is $4.11, compared with $3.71 a month ago, and about $3.10 a gallon at this time a year ago.

Some experts say $5 per gallon gas is possible by Memorial Day-or sometime in summer. Others caution that reaching that mark is unlikely over the next six weeks. In Chicago, the prices keep rising to near-record levels–with no relief in sight.

Right now, oil markets are so skittish that records set in 2008 could fall.

Drivers Monday morning were practically numb to the price spikes.

“What are you going to do?” said Shannon Thompson. “We’ve become so gas-dependent in this country. There are so many SUVs. I mean, I’ve had a hybrid. It worked great. Right now, I’m just going to deal with it.”

Link: Gas Prices Climbing Toward $5 Per Gallon « CBS Chicago

Recent drop in Brent Crude and WTI, but it won't be for long, say Goldman Sachs. As much as I loathe these thieves (GS) they tend to be spot on in their forecasts:
--
Why oil prices will spike again soon

By Colin Barr May 23, 2011

How long till the next oil shock?

Energy prices have been coming down this spring as fears of a Middle East blowup fade. But persistent global demand, tepid supply growth and easy money mean it may not be long till the next damaging spike, Goldman Sachs economists say.

Higher and higher

Oil prices could surge again by the end of 2012, economists Jan Hatzius and Andrew Tilton wrote in a note to clients this past weekend. They say the snail-like pace of global oil supply expansion – which Goldman projects at 1% or so annually – can't keep a petroleum-addicted world economy rolling without prices rising, perhaps sharply.

entire: Why oil prices will spike again soon - Street Sweep: Fortune's Wall Street Blog Term Sheet

Back