• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Proviron (mesterolone) vs AI

Guile81

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi guys,

I just want to share with you some good info about Proviron vs AI.

Please read the text underneath:

Proviron®, which is, in essence, just an oral form of DHT (l-methyl dihydrotestosterone to be specific) known to be an extremely poor tissue builder.

Proviron®, has a very effective uses in areas such as fat loss, hardening, increasing CNS activity, and pure strength gains, but they do not perform well as anabolic agents.

Gynecomastia is often a concern during treatment, and may present itself quite early into a cycle (particularly when higher doses are used). At the same time water retention can become a problem, causing a notable loss of muscle definition as both subcutaneous water retention and fat levels build.
Sensitive individuals may therefore want to keep the estrogen under control with addition of an anti-estrogen such as Nolvadex® and/or Proviron®. One may alternately use an aromatase inhibitor like Arimidex® (anastrozole), which is a more effective remedy for estrogen control. Aromatase inhibitors, however, can be quite expensive in comparison to standard estrogen maintenance therapies, and may also have negative effects on blood lipids.

In fact, due to its extremely high affinity for plasma binding proteins such as SHBG, mesterolone (Proviron) may actually work to potentate the activity of other steroids by displacing a higher percentage into a free, unbound state. Among athletes, mesterolone is primarily used to increase androgen levels when dieting or preparing for a contest, and as an anti-estrogen due to its intrinsic ability to antagonize the aromatase enzyme.

Mesterolone is actually believed to act as an anti*aromatase in the body, preventing or slowing the conversion of steroids into estrogen. The result is somewhat comparable to Arimidex®, although less profound.

The anti-estrogenic properties of mesterolone are not unique, and a number of other steroids have demonstrated similar activity. Dihydrotestosterone and Masteron (2-methyl-dihydrotestosterone), for example, have been successfully used as therapies for gynecomastia and breast cancer due to their strong androgenic and potentially anti-estrogenic effect. It has also been suggested that nandrolone may even lower aromatase activity in peripheral tissues where it is more resistant to estrogen conversion (the most active site of nandrolone aromatization seems to be the liver).The anti*estrogenic effect of all of these compounds is presumably caused by their ability to compete with other substrates for binding to the aromatase enzyme. With the aromatase enzyme bound to the steroid, yet being unable to alter it, an inhibiting effect is achieved as it is temporarily blocked from interacting with other hormones.

Source: William Llewellyn’s, Anabolics 9th edition, 2009

Considering the statement above and the experience from other guys, I wonder if for a newbie cycle (Test only at 500mg/week), Proviron can do the job at 25 up to 50mg/day + may be some Nolva just in case.

Your toughts?

Last edited:
50mg a day works great. I'm on prov now.

-T

I have not used an actual AI. I only use Proviron with great results every time. No nolva with it either. Proviron 25mg ED works great for me.

I love proviron. 50mg/ED now, but I still dose aromasin at around 12.5mg/ED - EOD. Since using proviron, libido has been thru the roof and it keeps my drier/harder. Love that sh!t.

Some guys like stacking it with an AI such as Arimidex but I find Proviron alone has always worked well and I've not had any reason to modify dosage etc. Buzzard said it best: lean and hard. Also near constant boners. Unless you have access to 24 hour pussy, you'll be jacking off a lot.

Going to check this out for my next go.

So it's like a win/win. It controls estrogen and it hardens you up and makes you stronger. Jackpot.

I'll run my next cycle without any AI and only proviron - 25mg/day up to 50m/day if necessary. I'll give you some feedback as my cycle will start next week. If anybody else have further experience with proviron alone in a cycle, feel free to update this thread.

Back