• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

High intensity training log

IML Gear Cream!
Great progress! Excellent numbers and early on, stick with it and you will be really kicking ass.

I can't tell you how many dumbfuck spots I've had in the past. The way I look at it, they are doing you a favor, but still... I just politely say thanks and think to myself I will never ask that guy for a spot again!

O? I always wondered were you got that name from, and I had been meaning to ask just that. Now I know! cool

yep the song starts out with this spoken pretty much:

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor."

And I like it. :shooter:

My gym they assume I'd be good at spotting them on bench because they always stare when I do deads. :roflmao:

O? I always wondered were you got that name from, and I had been meaning to ask just that. Now I know! cool
For a second I thought you meant my name and I was about say it's a quick explanation haha. Thanks for the support.

ATF Squats 205x7 185x5 (felt like 250)
Leg press 200x11 200x8

Hm that doesn't look as hard as it felt. I contemplated going home after the first set of squats I thought I was going to get like 4 reps after the first one and just kept going, failed on 8. This was one of the most intense workouts I've had so far I still feel a bit sick.

I just looked through my journal and realized I said I felt like throwing up after every squat session ha.

pull ups bw+10x7 bwx8 damn that 10 pounds of dead weight is a bitch
bent over rows 135x12 145x9 155x8
pull downs 120x11 130x5
EZ curls 60x9
DB push press 40x9 40x7

Might start throwing in a few more Olympic movements like push press and cleans. Was a little disappointed with the pull ups but very happy with the bent rows, went up A LOT of weight this week.

BTW heres a sample meal. Sausage, chicken, steak, onions, peppers, and brown rice.

1pm(yes this is when I wake up)
Meal 1: 24oz chocolate milk whey protein 48g protein ~750 calories
3pm
Meal 2: orange, 2 servings honey roasted peanuts, 16oz juice 12g protein 600 calories (usually I eat more this meal but I knew I was about to eat a good dinner)
5pm
Meal 3:sauage, chicken, beef, brown rice, onions and yellow peppers, olive oil
guessing about 50g protein and ~700 calories
6pm
meal 4 24oz chocolate milk 24g protein 630 calories
8pm
meal 5: same thing as meal 3 cause that shit was good, 50g protein ~700 cals
10pm
meal 6: more peanuts and some ice cream 15g protein 350 calories
1-2am (haven't eaten it yet)
meal 7: Probably some pasta olive oil and red sauce with sausage in it and some juice(maybe milk) 30g protein ~600cals

so that's about 4k calories and 230g protein.

Since I typed all this out for someone in the diet section here's what I ate today.

hey man, AWESOME progress so far! just a word of encouragement, don't let up on the diet or lifting if your gains start to slow. if you did previously weigh 160, your body already has the muscle tissue in place and your first gains will be from filling the muscle back up with glycogen, water, and hopefully some new muscle fibers.

I only tell you this because I have a friend that gets up to 180, and when he plateaus he stops lifting and goes down to 165. when he picks back up he makes it to 180 really fast, then stops lifting when he plateaus. retard.

but we know you won't do that because you have the support of the entire forum :thumb: keep it up!

Thanks man, I think I might be about to get to 170 pretty quick since I was 2 inches shorter when I was 160 last time. I'm 162 now.

IML Gear Cream!
Looking good. your numbers are great for your weight! Atf/Atg is definitely the way to go with squats - its crazy to me that the majority of folks at my gym only do quarter squats trying to look good in the mirror (although there is a place for quarter squats at times).

Weighted pull ups also can be a pain. I love them, but when I started I couldnt even do a single bodyweight pullup! Like anything, you will push on through if you keep at them.

Just keep up the good eating and the heavy lifting and you will hit your goal soon!

Deadlifts 245x9 (maybe 10 I lost count) 255x0
Romanian deads 135x6
Good mornings 125x6 125x6
Front squats 125x3 135x3 155x1 (belt came off) 175x1

I am so happy with that work out I gave everything I had on the first set and my lower back was done working out after that haha. Front squats were good too considering how drained I was. I didn't think I was even going to get 5 with 245 and I got 9 fuck yes.

"Other worthless testing procedures performed for the purpose of trying to determine the actual effects upon muscles produced by hard exercise have produced nothing apart from confusion on the subject of "negative" exercise versus "positive" exercise; in effect, which is better, "lifting" a weight or "lowering" a weight. Some authors now are stating that negative exercise is BAD, should be avoided like the plague, causes INJURY to muscles; all of which is pure bullshit.

The negative part of exercise, instead of being something to be avoided, is in fact the most productive part of exercise. Without negative exercise it is impossible to provide any form of stretching, and is equally impossible to provide any exercise in the fully-contracted position of most muscles; thus, again, without negative exercise you are limited to a "midrange" of possible movement against resistance; which will develop part of the muscles, but will not develop other parts of the same muscles.

At least a few members of the scientific community have been aware of the fact that your negative strength is always higher than your positive strength, and some people knew this at least sixty years ago; yet, even today, none of them understood just why this is true. Remained ignorant on this subject because they overlooked a simple law of basic physics that should be obvious to a goat: FRICTION. Everything with both mass and motion has friction; and since muscles have both mass and motion they also have friction; friction which reduces your positive strength while increasing your negative strength; that is, friction "HURTS YOU" while you are lifting a weight, but "HELPS YOU" when you are lowering a weight. Exactly the same situation exists with a car, an airplane, or anything else with both mass and motion.

If a fresh muscle can lift a maximum of only 100 pounds, then the same muscle can lower about 140 pounds; negative fresh strength is thus about 40 percent higher than positive fresh strength, provided only that the speed of movement is the same during both tests. So if positive fresh strength is 100, then negative fresh strength will be about 140; but both of these test results are in fact misleading, are biased by muscular friction, positive being too low while negative is too high. The only valid test of strength is produced by a test of static (isometric) strength; and static strength is always midway between the levels of positive and negative strength.

All of which can now be clearly demonstrated in a simple fashion to the satisfaction of an average rabbit; but all of which still apparently remains unsuspected by anybody in the scientific community, while they go to great lengths in their utterly stupid attempts to explain this difference on a basis of something else. They cannot, apparently, bring themselves to admit their own ignorance; which provides clear proof of their stupidity, or even insanity.

For my part, I may be insane (after all, just how can we meaningfully judge our own sanity?), but I am not utterly stupid; ignorant of many things, yes, but stupid, no. I am at least aware of simple physical laws that many others continue to overlook, or even attempt to deny.

BUT, A WORD OF WARNING: REMEMBER, muscular friction "helps you" during the negative part of exercise, and this help from muscular friction makes it possible for you to continue negative exercise to a point that produces so much fatigue that it may take you a couple of weeks to fully recover from it, and that level of fatigue from exercise is carrying things much too far, will result in "overtraining," which should be avoided like the plague. Exercise with no resulting fatigue is largely worthless, but too much fatigue from exercise is counterproductive, may cause losses in strength rather than gains.

If positive strength of a fresh muscle is 100, then negative strength will be 140 and static strength will be 120 (the "true" level of strength); but when a fresh muscle has been worked to the point that its remaining level of strength is ZERO, then remaining negative strength will be 120 (nearly as high as it was when fresh), while true strength, static strength, will be 60, having been reduced from its fresh level by 50 percent. Reaching that level of fatigue while performing only positive exercise is all but impossible, would require a very high number of sets of the exercise, far too many sets; but reaching that level of fatigue from negative-only exercise is relatively easy.

During large-scale research conducted by us for several months in 1972, we produced almost unbelievably good results from a negative-only style of exercise; but also discovered that very little of such exercise goes a long way, and that too much of such exercise was counterproductive.

And, yes, when your negative strength is increased to a given point, your positive strength is increased to exactly the same degree; so increasing negative strength also increases both positive and static levels of strength to the same extent. Fifty or sixty years ago, Bob Peoples (one of the best deadlifters in history) used a negative-only style of exercise; he rigged up a tractor to lift a very heavy weight that he could not lift, and then trained in a negative-only fashion by lowering this heavy weight back down to the bottom position.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult, and frequently impossible, to perform negative-only exercise without help; which usually makes such exercise impractical at best since hiring such helpers is expensive. By using a chair or a bench, or a short ladder, you can perform negative-only chinning and dipping exercises without help; using your legs, climb into the top position of the exercise, and then lower yourself into the bottom position of the movement while using only your upper-body and arm muscles. Move very slowly during such exercise, never perform more than one set of about eight repetitions, and never perform such exercise more often than twice a week; and once a week is sometimes better, or even once every two weeks. MORE IS NOT BETTER IN THIS CASE, and may be overdoing it. We have a man on our staff who loses strength if he exercises once a week, neither gains nor loses if he exercises once every two weeks, and gains only when he exercises once every three weeks. But only you, by trial and error, can determine just what is best for you."
-Authur Jones, found this in an old thread by duncan donuts
Might try doing negitives with pull ups, because that's the easiest one to do alone, just to see what I think.

Bench press
135x10
135x7

dips
bw+10x12
bw+15x8
negative set bw+35x6

incline machine press
55 (each side)x7

negatives are weird but they kicked my ass. I could barely lift my arms up to hit the punching bag post work out.

1pm(yes this is when I wake up)
Meal 1: 24oz chocolate milk whey protein 48g protein ~750 calories
3pm
Meal 2: orange, 2 servings honey roasted peanuts, 16oz juice 12g protein 600 calories (usually I eat more this meal but I knew I was about to eat a good dinner)
5pm
Meal 3:sauage, chicken, beef, brown rice, onions and yellow peppers, olive oil
guessing about 50g protein and ~700 calories
6pm
meal 4 24oz chocolate milk 24g protein 630 calories
8pm
meal 5: same thing as meal 3 cause that shit was good, 50g protein ~700 cals
10pm
meal 6: more peanuts and some ice cream 15g protein 350 calories
1-2am (haven't eaten it yet)
meal 7: Probably some pasta olive oil and red sauce with sausage in it and some juice(maybe milk) 30g protein ~600cals

so that's about 4k calories and 230g protein.

Since I typed all this out for someone in the diet section here's what I ate today.

That's some awesome bulking! I remember my first bulking diet. 20 oz steaks every night for dinner. Fuck ya.

Deadlifts 245x9 (maybe 10 I lost count) 255x0
Romanian deads 135x6
Good mornings 125x6 125x6
Front squats 125x3 135x3 155x1 (belt came off) 175x1

I am so happy with that work out I gave everything I had on the first set and my lower back was done working out after that haha. Front squats were good too considering how drained I was. I didn't think I was even going to get 5 with 245 and I got 9 fuck yes.

Holy shit you're progressing ridiculously fast. You used to lift right? Must be muscle memory. Excellent work.

Holy shit you're progressing ridiculously fast. You used to lift right? Must be muscle memory. Excellent work.
I know right? I surprised myself haha. Yea I used to lift when I was 15-16. I went from ~125 to ~160 but I was 3 inches shorter then. and I looked through some old journals and found my old PRs

Deadlifts 275x9
Bench 195x3
ATF squats 225x10

So I'm still slightly off of were I was but not too bad for only a month back in the gym.

ATF squats 215x8
Front squats 185x3 195x1 (belt fell off was going for 2) 205x1
Calve raises 180x15 180x20 200x15

Went up in reps and weight on squats, happy about that. Should have done another set of back squats but I still feel like I got a good work out. I know I did front squats the other day but some huge roided out fuckin guy was on the leg press before I got to the gym, and I warmed up, worked out, talked to some guy, stretched and changed and left and that bitch was still on my leg press machine. So I cut his brake cable and fucked his wife. I hope he can leg press a car out of a ditch.

BTW heres a sample meal. Sausage, chicken, steak, onions, peppers, and brown rice.

That looks fuggin delicious. brb...

Excellent progress so far. ATF squats are looking very respectable. What is your goal weight?

Trying to get to a solid 190 - 200 pounds at my current body fat of about 8%.

IML Gear Cream!
pull ups bw+10x8 bwx8 bwx6
bent over rows 135x8 155x1 and I felt a pain in the middle of my back
Pull downs 120x10 120x8

This happened to me last week too but I didn't feel anything until the next day. I have a long torso and it is impossible for me to keep my back flat bent over and I feel a pull in the same spot as last week on that last row. I think I'm going to stick to DB rows.

Also, I'm going to do an upper lower split instead of push pull legs now.

Awesome progress, man, seriously! Really fun journal to keep track of.

pull ups bw+10x8 bwx8 bwx6
bent over rows 135x8 155x1 and I felt a pain in the middle of my back
Pull downs 120x10 120x8

This happened to me last week too but I didn't feel anything until the next day. I have a long torso and it is impossible for me to keep my back flat bent over and I feel a pull in the same spot as last week on that last row. I think I'm going to stick to DB rows.

Also, I'm going to do an upper lower split instead of push pull legs now.

I sympathize with the back pain. I have a fractured pars @L4 which is more than a nuisance on back day. Which sucks because I really really enjoy back exercises. I do deadlifts first then bent-over bb rows right after. I'm already feeling it so what's a little more pain before I leave the squat rack for the day. Good progress on the pull-ups. Those are some of my fav.

Yea I think I'll just do my rows on a machine since for those don't bother me... I hate machine but as long as I can do weighted Pull ups I think it'll be ok.

Agreed. It's not a necessary exercise.

So I got some creatine monohydrate today and I'm not sure how much to take. Does 15g for a week and then 10g after that sound right?

So I got some creatine monohydrate today and I'm not sure how much to take. Does 15g for a week and then 10g after that sound right?
Don't bother with a loading phase, theres absolutely no research backing that up. Nor is there any research saying you should cycle on and off it. These are just ways supp companies make you buy more product.

Take 5-10g every day and you'll be aight.

Weighed in at 166 today. I'm getting pretty excited at how fast I am gaining weight.

I never took any pics before I started working out, but I found some from summer 2009, and I was the same weight back then as I was when I started working out a month ago, which was about 140-145.

No leg pics to compare but I have put on a full inch on my calves and 3 inches on my legs. And ya, I was drunk in the before pics.

Definitely a marked improvement :thumb:. Keep it up!

Also, nice avatar. Tux ftw.

Tux Rules. :rocker:

Back