• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Super sets?

Scotty the Body

I'm Dead Sexxxxy!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This question is kind of aimed at Gopro but anyone with any kind of opinion is welcome to comment. Sorry if its been asked already.

I was doing legs thismorning, and it was supersets. An example would be:

Leg extensions super set with Squats. 2 x 8-10
Now I did 200lb on leg ext for 10 reps and then right to the squats for 265lb for 8 reps.

Now for the starter Leg ext, I know I could probably have done 250lb for 8-10 reps but then I'd probably only be able to do like 135 on the squats for maybe 8 as the leg ext would fry me pretty good.

So the question is, should I go all out on the first exercise in a super set of 2 or should I cut it back on both to what I know I can do on a regular set?

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
This question is kind of aimed at Gopro but anyone with any kind of opinion is welcome to comment.

Has anyone ever called you a smart ass P? :rolleyes:

okay, if it were me I would do the squats first, then the leg extensions and go as heavy as possible on the extensions to get to 10 reps.
The main reason I say this is because I would not want to be jumping over to squats with fatigued legs.

but that's just me! :)

That is some hella strength you got in 'dem legs, Scotty.

Not to brag, but I have always been strong on leg extension as well.
We have a free weight machine at my rec center and I put 5 45lb plates (225lbs) on it for 3 sets of 10 after doing leg press or squats.

Originally posted by Prince

The main reason I say this is because I would not want to be jumping over to squats with fatigued legs.

*** I know what you're saying prince but that's the whole point of super setting. However STB, be very careful that you do not overestimate yourself and throw on more then you can squat.

To fatigue your legs even more I would suggest doing bodyweighted walking lunges followed by squats. Can you say, "walking out of the gym with something up your ass?":D
This is just one of many suggestions.

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks for the suggestion PM, but what do you think, should I be going with what I can do on a regular set for my first exercise of a Super set or should I be dropping the weight a bit so I have something left for the second exercise in the super set?

Originally posted by PowermanDL

*** I know what you're saying prince but that's the whole point of super setting.

No shit.

My point is I would rather do extensions first so I do not fall on my face while performing squats. I don't know how you do your leg extensions but when I am thru with a set I have trouble walking.

To each his own prince. Btw thanks for the name change even if you didn't ask me. :rolleyes:

As for Scoty's question I would go all out on your first set. Super setting is a tool, use it too much it wears out. Use it when your at your strongest so you can get the most out of it.

Last edited:
Normal protocol would be compound movement (squats) followed by isolation movement (leg extension). Depends on what you're trying to do...if you want to really fry your legs then do the heavy walking lunges until you drop after squats...your ass will feel like steel (well, more so) :D

Originally posted by ponyboy
Normal protocol would be compound movement (squats) followed by isolation movement (leg extension). Depends on what you're trying to do...if you want to really fry your legs then do the heavy walking lunges until you drop after squats...your ass will feel like steel (well, more so) :D

*** If it's to pre exhaust a certain muscle group then what Scotty is doing is fine. Pre exhaustion is usually performed by doing a so called ioslation movement followed by a compound movement.

Originally posted by Training God

*** If it's to pre exhaust a certain muscle group then what Scotty is doing is fine. Pre exhaustion is usually performed by doing a so called ioslation movement followed by a compound movement.

You are correct, but my main point is I would not use this technique in this order with squats. I would do it with something like leg press where balance is not as essential to complete the movement.

Originally posted by Prince
why are you bumping this thread?
Cause I can
Cause I want to get my post count up
Cause I'm trying to piss you off :)
Cause i like the word "Bump"
Cause I'm still waiting for Gopro to respond since it was a question from the routine he gave.

Take your pick :evil:

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Training God
To each his own prince. Btw thanks for the name change even if you didn't ask me. :rolleyes:

As for Scoty's question I would go all out on your first set. Super setting is a tool, use it too much it wears out. Use it when your at your strongest so you can get the most out of it.

lol, ha I knew I recognized the posting style in "amnt of time before muscle loss" :D

When supersetting with 2 muscle/exercises

Is it considered 1 set all together..for example
fly ss with flat press = 1 set or 2?

Yes, a superset even though two exerrcises is considered one set.

Back