• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Leg weight training and running

Boosley

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I understand that too much cardio can not only burn fat but also muscle. I do not overdue my cardio, either I run a mile or I do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine to ensure that I do not lose my upper body gains. I just recently started to work out my lower body and was wondering that if doing my cardio will affect the growth of my legs as they would not have the proper time enough to recover. Should I take a couple of days off, take one day and do a little cardio the next, should I only do some sort of cardio once a week, or should I not do cardio at all if I wish to see my legs grow? My legs are sore for 3 or so days after I work them out and I'm scared that by that putting strain on my lower body and exercising my legs again may completely screw up my lower body recovery process. What do you guys think? And is it ok to run or do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine before my leg routine?

Running before lifting is never a good idea. It'll limit your leg workout too much.

Are you bulking, cutting or maintaining? And do you only train legs once a week?

Ya I only train legs once a week and I'm trying to build muscle while minimizing fat gains.

I specialize. 4-6 months a year I do more athletics like running, grappling, heavy bag, sprints etc. I like to feel athletic. The other 1/2 of the year or so I concentrate on weight training with more like 20 minutes of less intense cardio 3-5 days a week. The more athletic par tof the year I don't make strength gains. Rather, I try to maintain while I become more fit. Fitness builds a base that aids later in the strength part of the year. Don't underestimate either side of the equation. They are both part of the same coin.

Well does running or HITT training have a negative effect on muscle growth in my legs?

i run to my gym, which is about 2 miles. thats adds up to about 4 miles everyday i go to the gym. i havent had any affect on my gains so id say not. i eat alot though too since bult gave me the advice.

it sucks on leg days (twice a week), more like a two mile limp back.

Well does running or HITT training have a negative effect on muscle growth in my legs?

Listen, you run before you train legs, and you only train legs once a week. Neither of these are conducive to building big wheels. Ogedi runs before he trains, but he eats a lot AND he trains legs twice a week. Glycomann gave you some food for thought - periodize your training; you can't have all things at once.

Back