• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fraud alert does pay!

D

david

IML Gear Cream!
So, I get a call from Wachovia bank telling me that 2 international companies tried to extract $1500 for a computer and software merchandise and another company from the Netherlands try to extract $800. Wachovia declined both purchases and called me immediately to see if I purchased from any online companies. Last week, I recieved a letter from HuskyDirect (UCONN Huskies clothing and apparrel online store) stating that someone hacked into their network!

Nice.

WOW. that's cool bro. i've never worried about that shit too much though. my credit is so bad, i kinda wish somebody would steal my identity. . .

So that mean i won't be getting my new computers:coffee:

ha ha! That's one thing I can't understand when people steal info such as credit cards to make purchases. Purchasing things online have to be sent somewhere. Like that's not traceable!!

ha ha! That's one thing I can't understand when people steal info such as credit cards to make purchases. Purchasing things online have to be sent somewhere. Like that's not traceable!!
like an empty warehouse rented out for cash:thinking:

They do it because they are successful much of the time.

They do it because they are successful much of the time.

And, that's the scary part. If they had done it for $40 or something, I would'e missed it because I have so much activity on that banking account from traveling, etc.

And, that's the scary part. If they had done it for $40 or something, I would'e missed it because I have so much activity on that banking account from traveling, etc.

what fun is 40.00 now 1500. now your talkin ..break down risk vs reward:thinking:

IML Gear Cream!
Sweet. See if you can get me a free Huskies t-shirt. I went to a summer camp at Uconn.

Sweet. See if you can get me a free Huskies t-shirt. I went to a summer camp at Uconn.

That's the easy part. Getting you a shirt that is. When and why did you go to UCONN's summer camp? That's pretty cool! How did you like Connecticut?

David, did the caller ask you for your CC # and mothers maiden name? For security purposes of course :coffee:

That would be some ironic phishing.

David, did the caller ask you for your CC # and mothers maiden name? For security purposes of course :coffee:

That would be some ironic phishing.

No. I never got a call from the one who frauded. I let the 800 # go to voicemail. Called Wachovia and asked to be transferred over to their fraud hot line and took care of it all right there!

That's the easy part. Getting you a shirt that is. When and why did you go to UCONN's summer camp? That's pretty cool! How did you like Connecticut?

My ex step-mom was secretary for the head of the sports department there back in the late 80's and early 90's. I went to a foot ball summer camp there in '89.

awesome!!!!

I lived in Connecticut for a large part of my childhood and my sister grew up there in Groton mostly. I lived in several places around the state including (but not limited to) Uncasville, Montville, Plainsfield, Willamantic, Groton, and New London.

they do it because the CC companies never prosecute the offender if the transaction doesn't go through...even though there was an attempt at committing a crime

they do it because the CC companies never prosecute the offender if the transaction doesn't go through...even though there was an attempt at committing a crime

Scary, sad, but true! However, I think they should mark that person on their record!!

$40 x thousands of people equals a heck of a lot more than $1500 one time and getting it rejected facing fraud charges, etc.!

it depends on what type of card! some will do small charges so the people that own them won't noitice it. most that don't have that alert they would have got the items charged..

I have Capital One Business cards and they wear me the fukk out on fraud alerts and locking down my account in the process. Fedex Freight, UPS and Fedex Ground bill the account every 2-4 weeks for big money already, so if I then make a big out of state online/phone purchase or two in the same day Cap One goes nuts. Case in point last week I ordered $2600 in t-shirts out of NJ and ordered $5200 in catalogs out of FL. FDX happened to hit the account for $4000 around the same time and wouldn't you know the card gets declined on a $90 Staples.com order. So I have to call and tell them I won't talk to an indian and I need to be transferred to an American in America. Then you jump through all the fukkin hoops and they unlock the cards again. PITA that happens every few months.

That said I do not and will not own a debit card. They are a fukkin joke compared to a cc when it comes to fraud.

I have Capital One Business cards and they wear me the fukk out on fraud alerts and locking down my account in the process. Fedex Freight, UPS and Fedex Ground bill the account every 2-4 weeks for big money already, so if I then make a big out of state online/phone purchase or two in the same day Cap One goes nuts. Case in point last week I ordered $2600 in t-shirts out of NJ and ordered $5200 in catalogs out of FL. FDX happened to hit the account for $4000 around the same time and wouldn't you know the card gets declined on a $90 Staples.com order. So I have to call and tell them I won't talk to an indian and I need to be transferred to an American in America. Then you jump through all the fukkin hoops and they unlock the cards again. PITA that happens every few months.

That said I do not and will not own a debit card. They are a fukkin joke compared to a cc when it comes to fraud.

True with a business account! CC over Debit anyday!

Bank of America is right up there with shutting it down until you call them! Which is a good thing I guess.

So, you pay with cash and credit only I take it?

Correct.

I only have one personal cc, which I pay off every month, so I zap it for gas, food and cold beer. My wife doesn't have a cc but has a debit card, which I can't get her to get rid of, but she has her own checking account so its her potential problem. Plus, she follows her online balances almost daily so she's more prone to catch an anomaly.

Correct.

I only have one personal cc, which I pay off every month, so I zap it for gas, food and cold beer. My wife doesn't have a cc but has a debit card, which I can't get her to get rid of, but she has her own checking account so its her potential problem. Plus, she follows her online balances almost daily so she's more prone to catch an anomaly.

Yes! I have to monitor that every other day!!!!

Back