• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Offseason gains legit?

Max. Q

Capricorn
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A caption under a picture of Kobe Bryant (NBA, basketball player) it says he "added 15-20 pounds of muscle in the offseason". Offseason for the NBA is around three months long, is it possible for him to gain this much with a good diet and training? That's a lot of muscle for such a short period of time, isn't it??

Depends how muscular he already was or his background in lifting.

Someone who's relatively new to lifting or just starting to put effort into lifting for once usually make accelerated gains for the first 6 months or so.

Without drugs, I'd say no, he's probably counting fat as well as muscle gained.
I wouldn't think he'd be new to weights being a pro NBA player but you never know.

Atheletes all seem to be fairly familar with weight training, hockey, football, baseball, basketball. With the amount of money players make nowadays and the access they have to deiticians, doctors and PT's I see no reason why he couldn't have gained that amount of muscle naturally. Just my opinion. :)

15 to 20lb of muscle in 3 months from an athalete without drugs?

I don't think so, not even with proper diet and rest. IMAO

Keep in mind also how tall the guy is, so even if he was "assisted" it still is not a significant amount of gain.

I have no idea how tall he is, but I would guess he is 6'6" or taller if he's in basketball.

Originally posted by BjUaFyF
With the amount of money players make nowadays and the access they have to deiticians, doctors and PT's I see no reason why he couldn't have gained that amount of muscle naturally. Just my opinion. :)

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
15 to 20lb of muscle in 3 months from an athalete without drugs?
I don't think so, not even with proper diet and rest. IMAO

This is what I'm wondering...is it because he has a lot of money for good resources to gain that much naturally or did he have help with some drugs? The answer is probably a combination of both, but it's just hard for me to see good gains like that drug-free.

well the flipside off the world of sports are that enhancment thru drug use is prevelant as well........:shrug:

Mind if I flip flop :laugh: The guys a NBA player, probably one of the most demanding sports next to hockey so I guess it could be very possible for someone that goes as hard as they do, to have a 3 month break and put on some good weight.

I wonder if he is able to keep it on once the season starts back up again though.

Back