• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Redness and swelling 3 days after injection

malfeasance

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I need to know if something is abnormal here.

Just did my third pin this morning. Sust from a sponsor.

First two pins were in glutes. Experience with both - Two days after pinning, a LOT of pain. Three to four days, a LOT of swelling. Redness, too. Warm to the touch.

I know it is not an infection, because the first one went away about 6-7 days after.

The second one is still swollen - fourth day . . . but pain has dropped from 10 to 9, and, while still quite swollen, it is not as bad as yesterday. Yesterday was excruciating. It was really interfering with daily life. Sitting down. Getting in car. Walking. Lying in bed even. Plus, the swelling was so bad it looks funny even when dressed.

I injected a thigh this morning, mainly so if it happens again, I can post a pic (did not want to post pics of my swollen ass cheek!).

So - Somebody tell me this happened to them, and there is nothing to worry about. I PM'd a couple of other sust users, who informed me that they had normal, mild soreness, no massive swelling or redness.

Are you pinning in the upper outside of the glute?

What brand did you inject? What gear?
I do not know if I want to name the brand, as it is a board sponsor, and if I am experiencing some kind of reaction because I am personally sensitive to it, then it is not the brand's fault, and I do not want the brand to be blamed if it is not at fault. As for gear, it is sustanon.

Also what size of needle are you using ? 23G, 1.5 for glutes, 1 inch this morning for thigh.
Are your hands shaky when going in ? Nope. Pinning turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it would be. I was apprehensive about it, but now it does not bother me at all. No pain whatsoever at pinning time, or even for at least 12 hours afterward, and very, very mild soreness out to at least 24 hours. It is the reaction several days later that is getting to me.
How much did you inject ? 1 ml
Do you inject slow or fast ? Slow, oh so slow, just as I read to do here and other boards a lot before starting.

Are you pinning in the upper outside of the glute? Yes, at least I think so. I am also aspirating (although I admit I forgot to do that on the second injection, but the result has been the same for both).

I have read here about some posters experiencing soreness, and even a few complaining that it felt like they were "hit with a bat," but I have not read about redness and massive swelling. With all of the redness and swelling, in addition to the pain, I would have thought it was an infection, except that intramuscular infections do not resolve themselves at 6 or 7 days.

I am limping a little even today from the site of Thursday's injection, but the pain is not as bad as yesterday. The swelling is down a little, too, but it is still very swollen, just not the type of swelling that looks like it is about to burst with swollen fingers radiating all the way to the hip (like last night when I finally decided to post some questions in other threads and then start a new thread this morning). You know the "dimple" or whatever, the indentation on the side of your buttcheek? Mine is gone on that side. Swollen. It was gone on the first side, too, for several days. That side is back to normal after 7 days.

Last edited:
Whats your height and size? Sounds like either you are very small and you are putting so much in a muscle it can't handle it or you are missing your glute! I think the ladder, if your cheek is swelled up then you are injecting to low! I'll post an injection pic in a minute, tell me if thats where you are injecting into the glute!

you could be allergic to the prop in the sus, or it could be the concentration of the gear, if mix is over 250mg/ml some people get swelling at the injection site.

IML Gear Cream!
How To Give An Intramuscular Injection - Care Guide

scroll down and look at the glute pic, but you know this does sound like an allergic reaction!
Looks like roughly the correct spot in the glutes, so I do not think I shot it too low.

Assuming an allergic reaction, is such a thing likely to go away with continued use, or should I stop this cycle (only seven days in) and try some other injectable?

OK, are you pinning twice a week? And how much each time you pin? how many ml's?

Maybe try doing 4 pins a week and cut the amount in half (.5ml eod), Or even .75ml mon and fri and .5ml on wed! if that dont work then you are allergic to it! I'm not saying this is for sure but I'm just trying to give you every route possible! Nothing worse than paying money for gear and not be able to use it!

Maybe try doing 4 pins a week and cut the amount in half (.5ml eod)
I might try that. Monday A.M., Tuesday late-late PM, Thursday early evening, Saturday afternoon, Monday AM, and so on - that would be an even four pin split.

i dont pin tha far back in the glute, mine is a little more to the side/outter area. maybe i should go further around my ass...lol. but so far so good for me...

i dont pin tha far back in the glute, mine is a little more to the side/outter area. maybe i should go further around my ass...lol. but so far so good for me...

The correct place is where the arow is not the cross! The cross is showing the 4 quadrents!

I might try that. Monday A.M., Tuesday late-late PM, Thursday early evening, Saturday afternoon, Monday AM, and so on - that would be an even four pin split.
Brain fart - I better skip the Tuesday late pinning, or I would be getting an extra 150 mg this week!

IML Gear Cream!
Leg workout - many of the exercises were not affected, but squats, during warm ups, with 185, felt like something was tearing in that swollen butt cheek when squatting only about halfway down:pissed:, certainly not normal, so I did not do squats today.

I did the rest of my leg workout, even the squat press machine, but I feel "off." Not terrible, not sick, just a little off - hard to describe. I definitely felt better working out naturally more than a week ago. I feel like I am really having to force myself, even after I delayed yesterday's leg workout until today and just rested yesterday.

Sust, 300 mg/ml, (600/wk)
D-bol, 30 ed

Leg workout - many of the exercises were not affected, but squats, during warm ups, with 185, felt like something was tearing in that swollen butt cheek when squatting only about halfway down:pissed:, certainly not normal, so I did not do squats today.

I did the rest of my leg workout, even the squat press machine, but I feel "off." Not terrible, not sick, just a little off - hard to describe. I definitely felt better working out naturally more than a week ago. I feel like I am really having to force myself, even after I delayed yesterday's leg workout until today and just rested yesterday.

Sust, 300 mg/ml, (600/wk)
D-bol, 30 ed

Is this your 1st cycle?

Do you have a fever at all? I wonder if you are allergic to Ethyl Oleate. Some companies use it in the oil blend. It helps keep higher concentration oil solutions from crashing out of the oil. That coud be your problem. You could email the source and ask them whether or not your product contains EO. It is just a possibility. I have heard of this happening before.

Do you have a fever at all?
Don't know if I have a fever. My swollen butt cheek is hot to the touch. I will see if I can find a thermometer.
I wonder if you are allergic to Ethyl Oleate. Some companies use it in the oil blend. It helps keep higher concentration oil solutions from crashing out of the oil. That coud be your problem. You could email the source and ask them whether or not your product contains EO. It is just a possibility. I have heard of this happening before.
Same symptoms?

Last edited:
For a guy your size injecting one ml into a big muscle group should not case the issues you are describing in my opinion. I think it is something else. Some people inject upwards of 3mls in the same areas granted they are more experienced but 1 cc should not cause this. Your muscles will be more painful when they are not used to it but not like you have described.

Your muscles will be more painful when they are not used to it but not like you have described.
It is not the pain that has me worried (although it sucks!). It is the swelling that follows the injections by 3-4 days. I have not heard of this happening to anybody else, even online, but certainly not among any of my acquaintances, some of whom have multiple cycles under their belt.

Swelling up like a balloon in the injection area just does not seem normal, in the limited knowledge I have garnered reading here and discussing this with people who have experience.

Back