• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Doctors Deliver Giant Power Plate to White House to Protest Government Inaction on Ob

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
on Obesity not Ob.... :nerd:

Doctors Deliver Giant Power Plate to White House to Protest Government Inaction on Obesity >> News and Media Center >> PCRM

PowerPlateatWhiteHouse.jpg

PCRM doctors and dietitians protest outside the White House with a colorful 6-foot-high Power Plate food guide.
The doctors, led by Neal Barnard, M.D., president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, also delivered letters to President Obama and USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack calling on them to replace MyPyramid with the Power Plate. Earlier this month, PCRM sued the USDA and the Department of Health and Human Services for ignoring a petition to replace MyPyramid with the Power Plate.
“Americans are getting fatter and sicker by the day,” Dr. Barnard said. “If we’re going to beat this national crisis, the federal government must offer straightforward, accurate advice on the power of vegetarian foods to fight obesity. Our Power Plate offers lifesaving advice, and it is simple enough for a child to follow.”
The Power Plate was developed by PCRM dietitians as a replacement for the USDA’s confusing MyPyramid food guide. The Power Plate is a simple, colorful graphic depicting a plate divided into four food groups: fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes. There are no confusing portion sizes and food hierarchies to follow; the Power Plate simply asks people to eat a variety of all four food groups each day.
Since the first Food Pyramid was introduced nearly two decades ago, obesity and diabetes have become commonplace. About 27 percent of young adults are now too overweight to qualify for military service, and an estimated one in three children born in 2000 will develop diabetes.
PCRM’s lawsuit asks the USDA and HHS to address the worsening epidemics of obesity and diet-related diseases by exercising their joint authority under the National Nutrition Monitoring & Related Research Act to withdraw the MyPyramid diagram and adopt the Power Plate food diagram and dietary guidelines.
The Power Plate graphic is based on current nutrition research showing that plant-based foods are the most nutrient-dense and help prevent chronic diseases.
For an interview with Dr. Barnard or another PCRM physician or dietitian, contact Vaishali Honawar at 202-527-7339 or at vhonawar@pcrm.org.
Founded in 1985, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is a nonprofit health organization that promotes preventive medicine, conducts clinical research, and encourages higher standards for ethics and effectiveness in research.

What a stupid fucking waste of time. I don't think the USDA is to blame for people eating 3 double cheese burgers sitting on the couch watching American Idol.

Walmart converation:

Husband: "So, baby, how many cases of Mountain Dew do we need?"
Wife: "I don't know hubby, lets check the power plate."
Wife: "Oh dear, which group does soda fall into on the power plate?"
Husband: "Lets just buy a gallon of apple juice instead, and that takes care of the fruit requirement.
Wife: "Good idea!" Grab a family size box of Hot Pockets and lets get out of here."
Husband: "Baby, we have a problem. My scooter battery is dead."

So it's the government's fault people are obese? Put the damn fork down!

Actually, that's about the right size portion for me. But I excercise, so I'm good. :winkfinger:

Hey, I usually eat 3dble cheeseburgers in one sitting and I'm not fat!

But werd. It's ludicrous to think the fed govt can legislate something like this. Maybe declaring a "war on obesity" will make a difference.

The war on obesity. I like it. I'm sure it'll work at least as well as their war against drugs.

i got distracted sorry...

it was my intent to ask what do you think of no meat on there? i can grasp that it can be a healthy way to eat and it's morally nice to care about animals but part of me is going butttttttt i like meat.

that plate made me go wtf?

YouTube Video

i have been wrestling with maybe ceasing to eat meat. anyone else? experiences?

Buddy's got a nice gut on him.

too many avocados? :thinking:

this is korea but it's making me really rethink my grocery list...

warning, fucking horrible

YouTube Video

but how much better was their intended fate if they hadn't been ill?

IML Gear Cream!
i'd feel less appalled with a small farm of my own raising my own meat, without the antibiotics etc too, but i don't think i could kill anything above a chicken or turkey.

this is korea but it's making me really rethink my grocery list...

warning, fucking horrible

but how much better was their intended fate if they hadn't been ill?

A quote from the uploader of that video, "If you say you love animals-then why do you eat them?"

Answer: Because that's how nature made me. Humans are omnivores. I just love how it's okay for a house cat to eat a mouse, but it's somehow wrong for a human to eat a chicken.

Yeah, it sucks how those pigs were treated, but that doesn't mean that I need to start eating an unnatural diet.

A buddy of mine is a muslim and they slaughter a goat in the back yard every year. They basically cut its throat and watch it bleed to death while chanting "alluh akbar!!!"

As for the "Power Plate" thing? Who cares. Someone is trying to redesign the food layout thing every 10 years or so.

They should start with simply stuff, like the basics of calories in and calories out.

"But, no matter what I eat I stay fat or gain weight!" Sorry bitch, butt you're not breaking the first law of thermodynamics.

A quote from the uploader of that video, "If you say you love animals-then why do you eat them?"

Answer: Because that's how nature made me. Humans are omnivores. I just love how it's okay for a house cat to eat a mouse, but it's somehow wrong for a human to eat a chicken.

Yeah, it sucks how those pigs were treated, but that doesn't mean that I need to start eating an unnatural diet.

i agree but how unnatural is a pig that's fed antibiotics every single day? it's starting to really creep me out. it's stuff we know but pretty much ignore to put what we like on our plates.

As for the "Power Plate" thing? Who cares. Someone is trying to redesign the food layout thing every 10 years or so.

They should start with simply stuff, like the basics of calories in and calories out.

"But, no matter what I eat I stay fat or gain weight!" Sorry bitch, butt you're not breaking the first law of thermodynamics.

i think it would be nice for public schools etc to adopt a couple plant based meals a week. couldn't hurt.

i think it would be nice for public schools etc to adopt a couple plant based meals a week. couldn't hurt.

No doubt. Get them used to it while their young.

One of the best things that some schools have done is to remove the vending machines. Of course, they're giving up revenue to do so. Many schools won't because they want the money.

these drs have a point. people could benefit from eating a more plant based diet but there's no way anyone is going to sacrifice all the money the beef industry or snack food companies pump through the machine.

politics can be summed up as this, who is going to financially fuck me in the ass harder?

in politics that's bad m'kay.

IML Gear Cream!
I surely didn't feel better on a plant-based diet. Sorry about the unsustainability of it, but dammit, my body feels best on bison and beef.

Lemme know when you're done. I'll assign someone to have a cigarette for you.

That was fast.

Damn.

has no one else here ever felt their body slow down after indulging in a steak? beef seems like intestinal sludge. still, there's nothing like it occasionally. never had buffalo but venison is amazing.

Back