• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Shattered my wrist in Car accident

Pittsburgh63

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Had to get on here and vent, which is frustrating because I have to type one handed. I shattered my wrist in a car accident wednesday on my way home from work. Finally got operated on last night and released from the hospital this afternoon.

There were multiple fractures, Shattered my radius, either tore or completely ripped through all the ligaments, and broke about 5 good chunks of the cartilage out.

Had plates and pins inserted, as well as, an exernal fixator bar holding it all together.

Can't beleive I am so screwed going into the summer let alone the issues this will carry for the rest of my life.

Holy fuck that doesn't sound like any fun. Good luck getting better and hopefully you can keep lifting in the future. At least you're alive!

that totally sucks..hope the rehab goes well

I hate to bring you down even further but I've had several (7) surgeries in the past 20 years on my right wrist from shattering my growth plate in my radius and my ulna bone ended up almost in the palm of my hand when I was done growing. I just had another surgery 6 months ago to continue restoration and I'm scheduled for another in a year to cut more bone out of my ulna.

It really blows and I feel your pain wholeheartedly.

I haven't been able to do any really good chest or back works in several months. Just the past few days I was finally able to handle 5 push ups with my wrist. I wish I could say it will get better, and your situation may be better than mine, but it doesn't. It heals and go good for a few years and then...bam...the pain happens and another surgery and you are out of commission for another year.

I do hope your situation isn't as serious as mine has been over my lifetime and I hope you heal quickly and have no other issues, ever.

I broke both my arms once and I can assure you, that sucked but a wrist is a terrible thing to break. Make DAMNED sure you stay proactive about your physiotherapy. It's something that often gets pushed to the side but it's critical it you are to make as full a recovery as possible. Investigate ART (active release techniques) as you work through rehabbing this injury; the improvement in ROM can be profound as adhesions are released. Good luck.

I hope you can still play with your junk effectively or have someone to do it. Good luck and god speed in recovery.

Yeah even the orthopedic surgeon had never really seen anything quite like this before. Thanks for all the support, I really need it right now. I'm just really gratefull I was able to walk away from the accident and come home to my beautiful wife and two boys. I am determined to do everything I can to work through it. I can't wait for the first day that I can throw the weights around again.

As for my junk LOL...I am very fortunate to have a beautiful wife who I don't think will have a problem taking care of that for me.

Thanks again.

I injured my wrist before, not as extensively as you guys. Instead of using my had, I wrapped an ankle strap on my arm with a built in ring...I was able to hook up to the pully syatem and do curls and stuff. hey, its better than having the muscle atrophy from disuse. they have that isolation system now too. Maybe its worth a shot

sorry, was typing and texting at the same time...........ooops

Back