• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Lets see what this muscle can do..

AKIRA

I am Rollo Tomassee..
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, I got up to 230lbs...10lbs shy away from 240. :pissed: But I fucked up my back. Now, I have a buldged disk in L5, buuuuuttttt this pain doesnt really feel like sciatica or the sort like when I fucked it up in the early 2000s. It actually felt like I pulled a muscle in my lower back. :scratch: Either way, I grew some muscle..and some fat, but now that I got the size, lets see what I can manage.

Ill be doing lower body eventually, but not for now. The mass building may continue on the lower body, but not the top. I think with calories still swarming in, you can get stronger in one spot and bigger in another. Well, were gonna see.

Push

Oh! :eek2: I wont be doing many verticals during this. It may change, but I want a strong bench and strong row. Well see. :nerd:

Anyway, Push

Warm ups..
KB stuff

Bench Press
135lbs for 2 sets, 5 reps
185lbs for 5 reps
225lbs for 3 reps
265lbs for 5 sets, 5 reps (90 sec RI)

Flat DB Press
105lb DBs for 3 sets, 8 reps (75 sec RI; last set needed a RP on last 2)

DB Fly
30lb DBs for 2 sets, 12 reps (45 sec RI)

Alternating DB Curls
20lb DBs for 10 reps
25lb DBs for 10 reps
50lb DBs for 4 sets, 10 reps (45 sec RI)

Caveman

Static Stretched

Bench felt kinda tough. Little bit of a struggle and some arching (cheating) towards the end. Ill go up 5lbs. Yes AKIRA, grab the 2.5s.

Flat DB Press didnt feel hard at first. bare in mind, I had to deadlift 210lbs into position 4 times and guess what, no pain. :) Ill try this again. I was going to use the 100s, but they were taken.

Flies were easy, get to 35. Curls were kinda tough. I can go up, afterall, these are just supplemental, so rest pauses will be fine here.

So you just got diagnosed with a protruding disc in L5? What were you doing when that happened?

Sounds like a hardcore LHJO session went wrong.
Anyways, You got bigger balls than me. I surely wouldn't be pressing all that weight with a bulged disc and please don't call me Shirley. lol

So you just got diagnosed with a protruding disc in L5? What were you doing when that happened?

Oh I didnt mean Now is as right now, I used Now as a conversation starter like, "bare in mind" or "incidentally." Its been years since my my herniation and Ive gotten some good deads since it, but this does and does not feel like a disk realted injury.

I KNOW what sciatica feels like, restoring feeling, and strength in my big toe. ;) This felt different. Like...could I had pulled a lower back muscle?

I fatigued it during some deadlift session at 5am in the K.I.S.S. journal. My lower back felt really sore. A few days later I did pull and on my 2nd set of T-bars (4 plates + 10lbs), as I set it up, I felt a lot of pain. Since then, Ive babied it.

Today I did 2 cavemans and some ground based squats (conventional deadlifts) and no pain. No burning, no tingling, no numbness, NOTHING.

When I first bulged my disk, I did not recover a fraction of this quickness.

I'd like to hear your strategy for getting up to 230 pounds. You and I were always pretty close size and strength wise, but damn, I've never gotten past about 220 and that was like 6 years ago before the kids came and sucked the living life out of me.

Weight gainers for starters, then I decided to just add an extra scoop of protein in every shake. I never kept up with it though, but I kept up with eating fatty foods, so I gained a gut.

As far as workouts went, I did a lot of volume. First few weeks I only did negatives as well.

Weight gainers for starters, then I decided to just add an extra scoop of protein in every shake. I never kept up with it though, but I kept up with eating fatty foods, so I gained a gut.

As far as workouts went, I did a lot of volume. First few weeks I only did negatives as well.

That's a good idea to add that extra scoop of protein to everything, I'm sure that will help things add up in a hurry.

IML Gear Cream!
Pull?

No warm ups but the T-bars

(These T bars are the ol' barbell in the corner trick, hoisted with a dual pulldown attachment.)

T-bars
1 plate for 10 reps (no pain)
2 plates for 10 reps (no pain)
3 plates for 10 reps (no pain)
4 plates for 5 reps (no pain)
5 plates for 5 sets, 5 reps ( :lol: 90 sec RI)

Yates Row
135lbs for 5 reps
185lbs for 5 reps
225lbs for 3 sets, 8 reps (60+ sec RI)

DB Row
80lb DBs for 2 sets, 12 reps (45 sec RI)

Skullcrushers
90lbs + bar for 2 sets, 5 reps
110lbs + bar for 4 sets, 5 reps (45 sec RI)

Caveman

Static Stretched

Sooooo, I always thought the setup of the T-bars, meaning the stock machines was a bit off. Id prefer a Spider Row, but what can ya do. :shrug: Anyway, these seemed easy. I can go up but I was being careful. :ipoke: It seems these are majorly easy, so when you see some asshole doing these with a lot of plates, its not as heavy as you think.

Yates did become a problem. No pain, just started to lose form. Keep this weight.

DB Rows too.

Skullcrushers was kinda cool. I never felt failure, but it was not light.

Good lookin work out man. Glad your injury wasn't bothering you.

I'm curious as to why you aren't doing much, if any, vertical stuff...I'm always looking for a reason to ditch the overhead press, especially since it's hard for me to do at home, I always wind up lugging a barbell and plates into my living room FFS, it isn't pretty. chin ups I dont mind, of course my wife doesnt exactly like the fact that my chin up bar is in my children's playroom, but what can you do? lol

Warm ups..

A shitload of bench presses

Bench Press
225lbs for 2 sets, 3 reps
270lbs for 5 sets, 5 reps (90 sec RI)

Flat DB Press
105lbs for 3 sets, 8 reps (75 sec RI)

DB Flies
40lb DBs for 2 sets, 12 reps (45 sec RI; RPed on 8th rep)

Alternating DB Curls
25lbs for 2 sets, 10 reps
55lb DBs for 4 sets, 5 reps(45 sec RI; RP on the last one somewhere)

Heavy KB Clean n Press and Snatch

Self Myofacial Release
Static Stretched

I came in kind of tired today and yet everything was fine. I didnt fail in the heavies nor did I feel like I would. 275lbs and 110lb DBs here I come.

I should note that I did feel some pain in the back setting up the DBs 2x. :pissed:

Flies shoulda been 35s but every single pair was taken up! :twitch:

Everything else was peachy.

Pull?

(These T bars are the ol' barbell in the corner trick, hoisted with a dual pulldown attachment.)

T-bars
1 plate for 10 reps (no pain)
2 plates for 10 reps (no pain)
3 plates for 10 reps (no pain)
4 plates for 5 reps (no pain)
5 plates for 3 reps
5 plates + 10lbs for 5 sets, 5 reps (90 sec RI)

Yates Row
225lbs for 3 sets, 8 reps (75 sec RI)

DB Row
80lb DBs for 2 sets, 12 reps (45 sec RI)

Skullcrushers
120lbs + bar for 3 sets, 5 reps (45 sec RI; failed; last set had 3 reps)

Turkish Getups
Ground Based Squat ~ss~ Romanian Deads x 2
Same thing but added Single Legged RDLs

Static Stretched

Ok, T-bars were hard, buuuut I was nervous setting them up. Ill go up again.

Yates on the other hand I suppose went down. I had more RI and Ill bet the fatigue was the same. :shrug:

DB Row can go up. Skullcrushers.. :scratch: not sure why this was so hard.

I did some getups, then I did some ground based squats (conventional deads), then did romanian with the same weight (18kg then 24kg) for 5 reps each. Just teetering on being able to move freely.

First try at Lower

Warm ups...none. Id like to do warm ups, but with these hours, its very difficult.

Marching DB Lunges
30lb DBs for 10 steps
40lb DBs for 10 steps
50lb DBs for 10 steps
65lb DBs for 5 sets, 10 steps (90 sec RI)

Single Legged RDLs ~ss~
8kg in each hand for 5 reps
Ground Based Squat ~ss~
20kg for 10 reps
Romanian Deads ~ss~
20kg for 10 reps
Ground Based Squat ~ss~
20kg for 10 reps

Times 2 BiTCH!

Caveman

Static Stretched

Lunges were hard. Not real hard, but hard as in unfamiliar. Almost ate shit on the 4th set. I could go up.

The rest was just show free movement. I dont know what is wrong with me, so I cant take any chances. I want to be able to move pain free and today had zero pain.

For someone with a supposed bum back, you move some weight man. I am fighting my lower back now... fucking pain in the ass let me tell you. I have an inversion table though so it gives traction and pretty much nukes any pain and tightness after a workout and is helping the healing each week. Just some food for thought.

IML Gear Cream!
I think I know those tables. Pretty penny?

Anyway, yeah, no pain, but I came this weekend and my mom asked me to move this heavy statue. It was a thin asian statue making it odd to pick up. It was like picking up a heavy barbell on its side. Anyway, I felt something pop. But...I have been feeling this pop every so often. Its no L5 similarity, but what the fuck for real then...

Push

Bench Press
135lbs for 2 sets, 8 reps
185lbs for 5 reps
225lbs for 2 sets, 3 reps
275lbs for 5 sets, 5 reps (90 sec RI)

Flat DB Press
110lb DBs for 3 sets, 8 reps (75 sec RI; failed at the 6th rep)

DB Fly
35lb DBs for 2 sets, 12 reps (45 sec RI)

Standing EZ Curl Bar..Curl
20lbs + bar for 2 sets, 8 reps
70lbs + bar for 4 sets, 5 rep (45 sec RI)

Caveman

Static Stretched

Time to switch to a 6x3 rep scheme and go to mmmm 295?

110lb DBs can stay, 35lb DBs can stay, curls are just for the girls.

Warm ups..
Dynamic leg swings? Forgot what these are called.

Marching DB Lunges
30lb DBs for 10 steps
40lb DBs for 10 steps
45lb DBs for 10 steps
70lb DBs for 5 sets, 10 steps (90 sec RI)

Single Legged RDLs ~ss~
8kg in each hand for 5 reps
Ground Based Squat ~ss~
24kg for 5 reps
Romanian Deads ~ss~
24kg for 5 reps
Ground Based Squat ~ss~
24kg for 5 reps

Caveman

Clean n Press

Core shit

Static Stretched

Lunges were better! Yay!

My free movement based workout was good. Missing other compounds. Miss, as in I miss you. :(

No pain.

Pull?

T-bars
1 plate for 10 reps
2 plates for 10 reps
3 plates for 10 reps
4 plates for 5 reps
5 plates for 3 reps
5 plates + 20lbs for 5 sets, 5 reps (90 sec RI)

Yates Row
225lbs for 3 sets, 8 reps (60-75 sec RI)

DB Row
85lb DBs for 2 sets, 12 reps (45 sec RI)

Skullcrushers
120lbs + bar for 3 sets, 5 reps (~45 sec RI)

A pathetic Tabata session

Static Stretched

Got into the groove of the t-bars and it ended up feeling lighter later on. :wtf: I even held the very last rep for a second.

Yates is still tough.

DB Rows was the hardest of the workout today.

Skullcrushers went up. And Tabata was a fucking embarrassment. I almost puked!

Bench Press
225lbs for 5 reps
295lbs for 6 sets, 3 reps (75-90 sec RI)

Flat DB Press
110lb DBs for 3 sets, 8 reps (60 sec RI)

DB Fly

Standing EZ Curl Bar..Curl
50lbs + bar for 2 sets, 8 reps
80lbs + bar for 4 sets, 5 rep (45 sec RI)

Caveman

Static Stretched

Good day. Deciding if I should do 7x3 or just go up.

Flat DBs was a bitch and comparing to last week's, I can see why. I rested LESS and I didnt fail! :rocker: I, am fucking awesome.

Flies were hard, curls were hard too.

I did some abs after the caveman but who cares.

Marching DB Lunges
35lb DBs for 10 steps
45lb DBs for 2 sets, 10 steps
75lb DBs for 5 sets, 10 steps (90 sec RI)

Jammer Station
1 plate on each side for 3 sets, 5 reps (30 sec RI)
1 plate + 25lbs on each side for 3 sets, 3 reps (30 sec RI)
2 plates on each side for 6 sets, 3 reps (45 sec RI)

DB Ground Based Squat (Conventional Deadlifts)
50lb DBs for 3 sets, 8 reps (45 sec RI)

Static Stretched

Lunges were very hard to maintain. Not sure if it was lack of sleep, but this must remain. :coffee:

I did the Jammer for a switch up. I really love this fucker. I decided to rest more as I did them and it felt much better.

I threw in some would-be deadlifts with some lighter weight. I miss it so much and I want to make sure I am not sincerely lacking in this department, but no pain so far. :clap:

T-bars
1 plate for 2 sets, 8 reps
2 plates for 8 reps
3 plates for 8 reps
4 plates for 5 reps
5 plates for 3 reps
5 plates + 35lbs for 6 sets, 3 reps (75-90 sec RI)

Yates Row
225lbs for 4 sets, 6 reps (60-75 sec RI)

DB Row
85lb DBs for 2 sets, 12 reps (45 sec RI)

Skullcrushers
70lbs + bar for 2 sets, 5 reps
125lbs + bar for 2 sets, 5, 3 reps (too heavy)
115lbs + bar for 2 sets, 5, 3 reps (45 sec RI; failed)

Caveman

Static Stretched

Washed n Waxed my car
:cool2:

I go pretty slow with the T-bars just cuz of fear of my back, but I can still go up. I like the new rep scheme, but the RIs are long. I did 90 sec maybe twice. Maybe.

Yates feel much better with 4x6. I kept it at 60 sec but it went over a few.

DB Rows is still a good topper. Skulls were fucking hard. I kind of want to bring the isolations of the movement I am doing back to their proper days. Having just my triceps sore while doing cavemans while I expect my biceps to be sore keeps fucking with me. Eventually, Ill phase both of them out and replace them with dips and chin ups.

Bench Press
225lbs for 2 sets, 5 reps
245lbs for 3 reps
275lbs for 3 reps
305lbs for 6 sets, 3 reps (90 sec RI)

Flat DB Press
115lb DBs for 4 sets, 6 reps (75 sec RI; failed at the very rep)

DB Fly

Dips
BW for 4 sets, 8 reps (45 sec RI)

Tabata
Caveman

Static Stretched

Bench was awesome. I did start to arch my back on the last 2 sets though. Hmmmmmmmmm...

Flat DB Press was a nice step up, but ill have to do this again cuz of the failure. :(

Flies were still hard! Dips are now a shift in another direction that I am heading.

I did tabata again in a means to improve it.

Back