• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

If you use propecia/finesteride, this is a MUST READ!!

VictorZ06

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I posted this elsewhere but figured I would post this here as well, may save you guys a couple bucks. And no, I don't use fin when on cycle.

OK, most of our insurance policies do not cover propecia and a one months supply at your local pharmacy costs close to $90. That's $3 for 1mg (30mg total).

Finesteride (propecia) is also used to treat other conditions such as benign prostatic hyperplasia. For a condition such as this, you need to take a lot more than 1mg ED so they make finesteride in 5mg tabs as well. AND 99% of health insurance policies will pay for it (but not the 1mg tabs).

So, if I get a one month supply of 30 1mg tablets of propecia, it costs me around $90 like I said. BUT, if my doctor prescribes be 5mg tabs of propecia, my insurance picks up the tab and I only pay the co-pay. This way, I pay $10 for 150mg instead of $90 for 30mg!!!

All I have to do is break the 5mg tabs into 5 pieces. Fuck paying $90 a month....with $90, I can get a total of 1350mg! AND THAT IS ALMOST A 4 YEAR SUPPLY FOR $90!! And all you need is 1mg a day. That's a HUGE difference.

So for those of you who use it, tell your doc to prescribe you the 5mg tabs instead of the 1mg tabs, this way your insurance pays for it. :winkfinger:

/V

Course it's prob not gonna make a huge difference with something ur taking daily because levels will still remain mostly consistent but one thing to consider is if the 5mg pills are scored. A medication with score marks, lines through the pill, are made with standardized levels of the active ingredient/fillers throughout the pill so dosages are consistent when broken. Those that aren't scored aren't made with the same consistency throughout the pill. You could potentially pop half a pill and still get the full dose. But in all honesty I cut pills all the time without score marks and many ppl do this...... just wanted to chime in so we're not making a habit of this with meds we're not taking on consistent schedules. Just something to consider.:thinking:

I do the same. I asked my doc for Proscar. They are 5mg tabs and my insurance covers it. I break them into quarters and usually take them 2 days on and one off.

Forget paying 90 bucks a month for propecia!!

I do the same. I asked my doc for Proscar. They are 5mg tabs and my insurance covers it. I break them into quarters and usually take them 2 days on and one off.

Forget paying 90 bucks a month for propecia!!

Oh...and I thought I was the only one who knew this! LOL. I actually cut them into quarters myself as well because cutting them into 5 pieces is a bitch. So I actually have been taking 1.25mg for the past 5 years and thank heaven I still have a thick solid head of hair. I only run it when off cycle. Those sneaky fuckn giant pharmacy companies! :wits:

/V

Victor so in your opinion it is only needed post cycle? and how long do you take it pc? Thanks bro

Victor so in your opinion it is only needed post cycle? and how long do you take it pc? Thanks bro

I use it year round. I won't use it when I'm on cycle though. I only use it when off. Lots of guys use it differently. I'm a huge tren fan and I include tren in all my cycles, having said that....I have a firm thick head of hair. It ain't broke, so I ain't fixin it. Shit works wonders for me.

/V

Back