• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

push/pull/legs

calaja52

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i'm currently doing an a/b/a workout and i plan on doing it for about another 3 weeks then i'm thinking of changing to a push/pull/legs workout. However I dont know a lot of lifts and i think i need some tweaking. here's what i have:

push:

bench press
military press
chest flys
tricep extensions(not too happy about this choice)

pull:

deadlift
pull ups
bent over rows
(need help with something else here... the only thing i can think of are curls lol)

legs:

squats
bulgarian squats
leg extensions
leg curls
calve raises

also.. would it be too much to put squats on my push day and my leg day or is that too much? also i think i have too many push on legs and not enough pull is this right?

i'm currently doing an a/b/a workout and i plan on doing it for about another 3 weeks then i'm thinking of changing to a push/pull/legs workout. However I dont know a lot of lifts and i think i need some tweaking. here's what i have:

push:

bench press
military press
chest flys

pull:

deadlift
pull ups
bent over rows
(need help with something else here... the only thing i can think of are curls lol)

legs:

squats
bulgarian squats
leg extensions
leg curls
calve raises

also.. would it be too much to put squats on my push day and my leg day or is that too much? also i think i have too many push on legs and not enough pull is this right?
I wouldn't add squats to your push day. I would do dips in place on tricep extensions cause those are kinda, well, lame. I would do dips before flys too though. You can probably do leg press instead of leg extensions and curls if you want, I do. You can do t-bar rows or v grip rows or lat pull downs added to your back work out but if you are trying to isolate bi's then some variation of curls is pretty much all there is to choose from, but there are a shit load of different curls. I like the basic look of that workout though, nice and simple and not too much volume.

yeah i didnt wanna to tricep extensions either, The problem is i dont have access to a gym, i workout at home and i only have a select number of options. i have a set of free weights, bench, power rack with pull up bar(no dip bars but i can build some) so leg press is out of the question :( bicep isolation isnt a big deal. i'm not like OMG I GOTTA HAVE HUGE ARMZ or anything i just wanna keep it simple with compound movements and call it a day. I think i saw a video on doing dips for chest here somewhere i'll look into that instead of flys as well.

If you have two chairs you can use them, i used to do that when i trained at home. If you have a little more time and some spare parts you can rig something up using chairs and metal plumbing pipe/bends.

I used a loft hatch for a while. Very motivating to know if i missed a rep i'd probably break my legs.

If you have two chairs you can use them, i used to do that when i trained at home. If you have a little more time and some spare parts you can rig something up using chairs and metal plumbing pipe/bends.

I used a loft hatch for a while. Very motivating to know if i missed a rep i'd probably break my legs.

lol yeah i have some 1 inch metal pipe laying around that i used to make my pull up bar in my power rack i built... i'll rig something up with that, other than leg curls, what is a good pull for legs? i feel like i dont work my hamstrings enough in my workouts. also when i do leg curls i feel it more behind my knee than in my leg.. am i doing something wrong?

Your fine I feel the same way when doing curls, it just feels that way because of the leverage. Deadlifts and squats work the hamstrings really well, you don't need an even set of pull and push for legs its push pull legs not push legs, pull legs, push, pull. ATF squats get the hams a little better I feel like though.

push:

bench press
military press
chest flys

pull:

deadlift
pull ups
bent over rows

legs:

squats
bulgarian squats
leg extensions
leg curls
calve raises

If you are not happy with tricep extensions why not try 'Skull Crusher'.
On pull day you can try some db rows or many be alternate bicep db curls.

Back