• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Does anybody else not do any direct work for bis and tris?

njc

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just curious. Since I stopped doing all direct movements for biceps and triceps a few months ago they seem to be growing more.

I decreased them to a two sets of bis and two for tris. I believe you still need a bit of isolation for arms to get the maximum potential growth out them

I decreased them to a two sets of bis and two for tris. I believe you still need a bit of isolation for arms to get the maximum potential growth out them

I think I was probably just overtraining mine

I wasn't doing any but my arms are pretty small so I added a few sets for them. Probably gonna not do any iso work on them eventually.

I used to do arm day, 3 sets each for biceps and triceps. I love doing them together, great pump. Now, however, with push/pull/leg routine, I can't do them together. So I just end up doing just one set for triceps at the end of my workout for push and one set for biceps at the end of pull. They are growing just fine but I think they would grow a bit faster if I work them like I used to.

mine grow like weeds, especially on cycle...so i wont, but off i have an arm day

I never do a lot of direct work for either just a couple of sets after I'm done all my compounds

^^^^ This. I dont usually have much left in my bi's after back work anyway. Same with tri's. Couple maybe 3 sets and Im out.

I was reading an article by eric cressey that he said when he first started working out he had no business doing bicep isolation work he should of focused more on compound movements. He is a strength coach great guy to learn form. I personally do not dedicate any day directly to biceps depending on where I am in my periodization cycle determines how much bicep or tricep isolation i do but for the most part I do very little

IML Gear Cream!
sometimes I'll do a little arm work on squat days but it's usually only about 3 sets for bi's or tri's.

I tend to hit them directly at the end of back day and chest day; some days like today I did some extra work as I felt great after chest. Mine grow on very little direct work, I could bit bid more but I don't care about them compared to larger muscle groups.

Back