• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Chest

vannesb

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I bench twice a week. I have noticed lately on bar bench been stressing shoulders thinking about just doing db any thoughts

:suicide:

post your entire routine that you do every week

post your entire routine that you do every week

Chest/tricepts
Bench Press (Bar)RepsWeight Set's 5, 8 to 10 reps

Close grip Bench Set's 4, 10-12 reps

Decline Bench Set 3, 8-10 reps

Incline DB Set 4, 8 -10 reps

Overhead DB Ext Reps Weight Set 4, 8-10 reps

Triceps -Kickbacks Set's 3, 10-12 reps

tricepts Push down Set's 3 , 10-12 reps

2nd chest Work out

Bench Press DBRepsWeightFlat Sets 4, 8-10 reps

InclineSets 4, 8-10 reps

Decline Dumbells Sets 3, 8-10 reps

Fly's DB incline Sets 4, 8-10 reps

Shoulder Press Front Sets 4, 8-10 reps

Shoulder Press Rear Sets 4, 8-10 reps

Side laterials Sets 3, 8-10 reps

Chest workout Monday and thursday

Friday-legs

saturday-Arms

Sunday Back

Last edited:
are you still growing? some people can train 2x a week but some cant so what can your body take. are you on cyce?

are you still growing? some people can train 2x a week but some cant so what can your body take. are you on cyce?

+1

Do not underestimate your body's need of rest for recovery. You are probably over-training your chest especially if you aren't on cycle.

Are you sure your form is right? Make sure your elbows are in a little to take less stress off shoulders.

On cycle still growing but not as fast it seems
If your on cycle best results I've found is just adding some sets to your total workout 1 time a week aka going from maybe 20 total sets to adding another exercise and blasting out 24, then go home and rest/eat. But as far as your question, switch it up chances are your hands having to be locked in one position with the bar is putting a little more stress on the shoulders than each hand having free movement capability with dbs, to move in a bit more natural position without that limit of grip on the bar. You dont have to switch forever obviously but maybe drop the barbell for a couple weeks maybe 3, then work back into it if you really like bars for chest, I really prefer dbs in a hypertropy program. My .02.

make sure the flys are done in proper form, those tend to beat the shit out of your shoulders if not done properly ( and not in a good way). Also you might want to drop the Barbell press and go with full time DB pressing. better range of movement and more size IMO. Good luck and take care of those shoulders.

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks for the advice! I am going to stick with db for a few weeks! Form should be good but will check closer on my next bar workout. Looking at swiching routine up in a few weeks anyway. Been on this one for 5 months

5 months with this same routine? Every Week? First comment: The only times I ever injured myself involved incline bench pressing with a bar. if you neck bridge at all to reset after pressing up the bar, it is easy to strain muscles in your rhomboid and trapezius regions. I have been using DB's exclusively for almost 20 years and I have no issues with diminished size or strength plus the additional stabilizer muscles for more fibers to contract and be utilized, thus greater overall gains. Bodybuilding, however, is just that body building. While lifting, we do what works to build muscle. A routine that has gone on for 5 months is stale. Have you ever incorporated drop sets, supersets or changed the tempo, technique or intensity of your routines? If you are in the gym for more than an hour, you are either talking too much or overtraining. Only through adequate resistance against muscle fibers, over an adequate period of time, can cause muscle hypertrophy. Research bodybuilding and ask questions of those you admire in your gym, watch them train. From looking at your routine, you are doing too much, too consistently. You would most certainly gain from reducing your workout to once a week and adding more detail and focused intensity into it. Restructure your entire routine to balance upper and lower body training or you will see issues with symmetry over the long haul, and they are hard to fix later. If you take the time to see, lifting heavy in a very mechanized way will lead to plateaus that are hard to break. Use everything at your disposal and confuse your body, don't teach it what to expect every two times you workout each week.

Very good advise! I am over hauling complete program and see what I get from that. All incline for the last 4 weeks is db only for reasons you stated! When I was getting such fast gains did not want to change up! Now I have seem to hit a spot with little gains compared to before!

Also looking at a push pull routine anyone ever use it? The volume is not what i am use too

Last edited:
+1

Do not underestimate your body's need of rest for recovery. You are probably over-training your chest especially if you aren't on cycle.

I must be a total freak of nature, because if I don't work out my chest 3 times a week, the muscle starts to break down and I lose mass and strength in my chest. :hmmm:

Normally twice a week is good, but I am not 20 anymore either! Lmao:geewhiz:

IMO, you are pressing too much. That is why your shoulders are feeling the way that they are. I am not sure how old you are, but I am 45 and there is no way that I could do that much pressing in a week. If I were you, I would split up shoulders and chest and do each only once per week. Your shoulder problems will just get worse if you keep doing this much pressing, especially all the benching.
I think you may be overtraining, and I'd be willing to bet if you backed off a bit, you would definately see better size and strength gains and your shoulder issues could be minimized. Good luck...

IMO you should start to put atention for the rotation cuff, it its my nightmare rightnow at 39 yod.

those 245pounds on my chest now it just a good flash on my mind..........!

IMO, you are pressing too much. That is why your shoulders are feeling the way that they are. I am not sure how old you are, but I am 45 and there is no way that I could do that much pressing in a week. If I were you, I would split up shoulders and chest and do each only once per week. Your shoulder problems will just get worse if you keep doing this much pressing, especially all the benching.
I think you may be overtraining, and I'd be willing to bet if you backed off a bit, you would definately see better size and strength gains and your shoulder issues could be minimized. Good luck...

I am 47 and when this issue started is when i started working out with over 300lb +. If I stay under 300 no issues but my reps are 12+ range. I am cutting back too once a week and will start new training next week.

My Plan is to start Test + Deca in 4 weeks.

IML Gear Cream!
Take your shoulders out of the game

When you lay down on bench -keep you shoulder blades together. Then grab the bar-use lighter weight of course, and keep your chest up throughout the exercise. Peace, Vic

Your probably over working your shoulders I personally do shoulders along with triceps on their own day, this works great for me. Just change things up and see what works for you. Switch from dumbbell press for a while to barbell always change things up. I added BCAAs and ZMA even on cycle they seem to really help with recovery.

I must be a total freak of nature, because if I don't work out my chest 3 times a week, the muscle starts to break down and I lose mass and strength in my chest. :hmmm:
That makes absolutely no sense. The muscle doesnt 'break down' in 1 to 2 days in between training, in fact its just finally rebuilding. You may lose that 'pump' in your chest but training chest 3 times a week in the gym is just asking for injury. Not to mention if your having to train it 3 times a week you must not be hitting it hard enough. Not to mention your never getting fully recovered at that rate in order to re traumatize the muscle. Even on cycle id say you dont fully recover in a day or two completely, you might not feel the DOMS but your still not fully recovered. Either way, 3 times a week of intense lifting on a single bodypart in the gym is too much if your training for size. Remember you grow OUTSIDE the gym not in it.

Back