• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What's the best way to look for a job?

ihateschoolmt

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I graduated college last summer, and I fucked around for a few months but now I'm ready to start a career. What is the best way to go about doing this? So far I have been trying to find jobs on craigslist and careerbuilder, and I have gotten a few interviews but still no job. I've called a few staffing agencies and left my resume with them. I have some experience because I started a little side business when I graduated and have fixed and built quite a few computers. Is there anything else I should be doing? My degree is in computer information technology by the way.

dice.com specializes in the tech industry jobs.

Also might want to study up on cloud computing tech as well. Alot of moving to that and it's an in demand IT specialization.

And you might have to take a starting job just to get actual work experience on your resume.

Definately because for the higher paying jobs they are going to want some reference's for practical experience that isn't just you saying that you did this or that.

If you get some letters from some customer's praising your skills at XX that might help.

Just trying to set your expectations.

LinkedIn is another good site for looking into people who work in fields your interested or companies you are looking into. A really great tool for professional networking.

Last edited:
I hear ya, I am not looking to make 50,000$ right out of college. I just want to make 12$ an hour or more. 10$ an hour if it's a good opportunity. I use references from my business listed on my resume, maybe I should get a letter or two. Thanks for the help.

It's not about what you know, it's about who you know. Don't be afraid to ask family and friends for help.

It's not about what you know, it's about who you know. Don't be afraid to ask family and friends for help.

Nepotism is pretty funny.

I hear ya, I am not looking to make 50,000$ right out of college. I just want to make 12$ an hour or more. 10$ an hour if it's a good opportunity. I use references from my business listed on my resume, maybe I should get a letter or two. Thanks for the help.

What was your degree in? What experience do you have? Beyond just jobs, do you actively do something for a hobby that could be considered related? Do you contribute to an open source project (programming specific)?

IML Gear Cream!
everything said above. networking is huge. without it you are dead. healthcare IT is huge right now. these guys are always hiring. look into your local hospitals openings for admins and stuff

What was your degree in? What experience do you have? Beyond just jobs, do you actively do something for a hobby that could be considered related? Do you contribute to an open source project (programming specific)?
Computer information technology, most of my experience is in hardware and troubleshooting windows operating systems, with a little Linux knowledge. I don't do coding so no making open source stuff for me. No hobby that's related. As for every one else, thanks. I already let my family/friends/customers know I am looking for a full time job, but I know I should be doing more networking.

Shootn for the moon IC, Is it really that hard to find $10 job with a college degree? Is that what your degree is worth... I'd grow your business from home and take a marketing class or two if you need the help selling yourself.

Your easy going attitude might be a put off to employers, be energetic and a go getter when you walk in for an interviews.

Shootn for the moon IC, Is it really that hard to find $10 job with a college degree? Is that what your degree is worth... I'd grow your business from home and take a marketing class or two if you need the help selling yourself.
Degrees are worthless, two years of experience is worth more in my field than a bachelors degree. I only went to school to learn how to do this stuff. And yes, it's hard to get your foot in the door right out of college. If I have to work for 10$ an hour for a year or two to get experience I will, because within 5 years I'll be making more like 60-80k. Plus I charge 60$ an hour for my business so I do alright sometimes.

Degrees are worthless, two years of experience is worth more in my field than a bachelors degree. I only went to school to learn how to do this stuff. And yes, it's hard to get your foot in the door right out of college. If I have to work for 10$ an hour for a year or two to get experience I will, because within 5 years I'll be making more like 60-80k. Plus I charge 60$ an hour for my business so I do alright sometimes.

Focus on your home business brada till you find the right job, The way the world is outsourcing you might be better off in the long run! put yourself out there and use your business as a way to build your social network.

Don't be afraid to move for the job and don't write off internships.

Utilize your networks... a referral is the easiest way to land a job.

Focus on your home business brada till you find the right job, The way the world is outsourcing you might be better off in the long run! put yourself out there and use your business as a way to build your social network.
You know what, I just might do that. I have about 500 business cards and 500 flyers I could hand out. If I work like 10 hours a week it will be more money than most full time jobs. Maybe I could sell computers on ebay or something. I can build computers for less than just about any store deal.

If you want a standard job, I think you go with Craigslist over Monster and Career Builder, and even the staffing agencies. The Monster/Career Builder type of jobs end up being mainly sales, entry level, shitty.

Craigslist has some smaller companies. Companies where you're not just a number, you have a voice.

I prefer that.

air_force_logo.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
Welfare is for poor people, work is for the middle class.

Have you ever said anything useful on this board?

You know what, I just might do that. I have about 500 business cards and 500 flyers I could hand out. If I work like 10 hours a week it will be more money than most full time jobs. Maybe I could sell computers on ebay or something. I can build computers for less than just about any store deal.

There you go!!! Do all that, make a list of all that you can that's worth while money wise. Walk around your to the businesses in your town hand them a flyer tell them about the services you can provide, be sure to let them know you service and sell business and residential. This way your pushing the business side and the people who work there. Next thing you know you'll be doing some jobs, meeting new people, gaining some trust, getting referrals.

Even if my business is registered? I have a business license.

Work on developing a strong clientel and reputation. It's very tough out there right now.

Back