• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ed Giuliani quote from 1981 re anabolic steroids

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Do you remember Eddie Giuliani? If you've ever watched "Pumping Iron" then you've certainly seen Eddie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdE1C6NaT5Q

Ffwd to 5:40 to see Eddie's famous leap into Arnold's arms. lulz :D

Here's an excerpt from a 1981 interview with Giuliani where he offers his opinion on the interest in steroids:

Muscle Up (bodybuilding magazine): Why do you think the media take so much interest in bodybuilders’ use of steroids?

EG: The media have to have some sport to condemn for steroid use, because sooner or later, as everybody knows, if it gets out of hand, people are going to start getting sick. They’re condemning bodybuilders for using steroids, but they never talk about the other sports that use them. And the reason for this is that there’s not enough money in the game for people to respect it as much, because in this country, the more money a sport has, the more respect it has. It’s not how good your people are, it’s the money. Football, baseball, basketball, all have big money behind them. That’s why they’re well respected, because they’re on TV a lot. We haven’t got that recognition yet. One day, if we ever do, you’ll see that all of a sudden people won’t ask about the steroid trip as much.

Ed-Giuliani-1.jpg

As far as using them, a lot of bodybuilders use them. As far as working, I think they do work. I don’t care that the manufacturer says on the little label, “This will not enhance athletic ability.” That’s bull! It works. I’ve seen it work. But what happens is that some athletes will wonder, “Is more, better?” And that’s like a kid who grabs a bottle of wine and drinks it all. But an adult who knows a little more will drink three glasses, and if he starts to feel a little tipsy, he knows enough to stop. But you’ll always get a bunch of bodybuilders who will say, “If three pills make me look this good, then six might make me look better.” And it backfires. It’s just like being overtrained. If you can become Mr. America with three hours a day in the gym, maybe by doubling it you would look twice as good. It doesn’t work that way!

arnold-samir-and-eddie.jpg

Eddie in front with Arnold and Samir Bannout

MU: Is there anything positive in the future of steroids?

EG: I feel that if steroids were ever put under a controlled program, really controlled, not only could they help the bodybuilder, but they might help the general population as well. It’s not a wonder drug, but I think it’s like a sophisticated vitamin.

MU: So you don’t think shows like Chet Yorton’s Mr. Natural America will go very far?

EG: In my opinion, that’s controlling someone’s personal life. Chet Yorton is a very good friend of mine, by the way. I asked him once, “Why don’t you condemn people who eat meat? Say only vegetarians can enter your show!” I guess if all promoters got together and banned steroids, then it might work, but I think Chet is fighting a losing battle.

###

From AN EXCLUSIVE, EXPLOSIVE INTERVIEW with ED GIULIANI

Last edited:
great post Curt!

The giuliani quote... but the axe was comical..lol

Back