• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

weighted dips

ahiggs

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok...i know i am a bit of a noob, i have only been working out just over a year, but i was doing weighted dips the other day (70lbs for a set of 3). anyway the all knowing "personal trainer" came up to me and told me i should not do weighted dips i could hurt my lumbar? WTF???? how the hell am i going to hurt my lumbar doing weighted dips???

ok...i know i am a bit of a noob, i have only been working out just over a year, but i was doing weighted dips the other day (70lbs for a set of 3). anyway the all knowing "personal trainer" came up to me and told me i should not do weighted dips i could hurt my lumbar? WTF???? how the hell am i going to hurt my lumbar doing weighted dips???

And was this "personal trainer" fat? lol. I tend to ignore them :daydream:

I've had stress fractures in both my lumbar and I can tell you they weren't from weighted dips lol. Def don't stop doing them. They're one of the most important excercises in the gym.

Only things that bother my lumbar region are heavy squats and heavy deads. (Not all the time, just when form is compromised)

I've had stress fractures in both my lumbar and I can tell you they weren't from weighted dips lol. Def don't stop doing them. They're one of the most important excercises in the gym.

Only things that bother my lumbar region are heavy squats and heavy deads. (Not all the time, just when form is compromised)
I agree weighted dips are great. Most trainer suck and just get in my way. I pay a monthly payment just like the person there training.

well she did kind of strike me as a retard!!! i love weighted dips!! yeah i cracked a rib cause i lost concentration on a squat and let it get away from me. and pulled a muscle doing goodmornings once...i actually think they feel great after some compression excercises to give everything a good stretch

Dips are a geat exercise for both the pecs and tri's.

But, I would suggest that you lower the weight a bit. Sets of 3 aren't going to help you gain size. I would suggest a rep range between 8 and 12.

i am more concerned with strength than size, but i do a cycle that is
2 weeks 10 reps
2 weeks 8 reps
3 weeks 5 reps
2 weeks 3 reps
2 weeks 2 reps
week off
so far i have had some really nice strength gains from this cycle

While I will agree that weighted dips produce results, I will also say that you will more than likely pay a price in the shoulder region once you reach 45-50 years old.

While I will agree that weighted dips produce results, I will also say that you will more than likely pay a price in the shoulder region once you reach 45-50 years old.

you may be right? i am 36 now, i have had some issues with my shoulders doing flat bench, and incline bench...dips never bothered it though? i try to lean into them as much as possible for more of a chest dip, with no issues so far? but i will definately keep that in mind!! thanks

IML Gear Cream!

My elbows are fucked now, and I am only 28. I am pretty sure it is related to doing weighted dips with 150lbs.

Ya. I know a bunch of older heads that are fucked because of years of heavily weighted dips. My dad included. He's had surgery on both shoulders now. Bodyweight is gonna have to do for me. I'm looking at this whole thing long term.

Back