• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

testosterone sitting in your androgen receptor

Glycomann

Get outta my yard
Board Rep
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This is your androgen receptor with testosterone ligand bound to it's receptor site.

ligandboundandrogenreceptor1.gif

Note: testosterone does not have to be from World Pharma.com or FDA approved. It can be from your balls or any UGL.

how does it "fit" into the receptor? From that pic it looks like its just kinda floating there and its shape doesn't seem like it matches up with the receptor site. Maybe a dumb question but I kind of always pictured receptors like puzzle pieces that fit the molecule, how does it really work?
no it's the gray ringy thing that looks like this..

figure5.jpg

how does it "fit" into the receptor? From that pic it looks like its just kinda floating there and its shape doesn't seem like it matches up with the receptor site. Maybe a dumb question but I kind of always pictured receptors like puzzle pieces that fit the molecule, how does it really work?

If I represented the receptor as it's true space filled form with all its volume including all side chains you would not be able to see the steroid molecule in its receptor site. As it is represented the testosterone molecule is in it's correct position and orientation according to the X-ray crystalographic data that was used to create the image. Here is the space filled representation.

Slide2.jpg

gotcha, so how does it get inside? Or am I missing something that makes this another stupid question lol
If I represented the receptor as it's true space filled form with all its volume including all side chains you would not be able to see the steroid molecule in its receptor site. As it is represented the testosterone molecule is in it's correct position and orientation according to the X-ray crystalographic data that was used to create the image. Here is the space filled representation.

Slide2.jpg

Back