• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is it Genetics or your Training holding you back??

firestorm

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello everyone, I'm new here and just feeling out the room and the people here. I'm looking for people who have the similar training, phylosophies and intenisty as I. To help me find such people, I'd like to get your thoughts on the following.

1) You've been training for 3 years and your arms or chest or whatever just seems to have stopped growing it must be genetics.
True or False

2) I train my calves once a week and do 6 hard sets for them and i can't get them to grow anymore. My genetics won't allow them to get over 13 inches.
True or False

3) I train calves 3 times a week hard and have seen great results but I can't get them to build lower down towards my ankle. They have great shape but my calf area above my ankle is far smaller then my calves. Genetics won't allow me to make my calves build lower down my leg.
True or False

4) I've always wanted 6 pac abs but I only see a 5 pac. I can't seem to get that last ab to show. I can't even find it!!! Also they are not in perfect rows of 2 but moreso staggered. Is that normal and can I fix it?
Genetic??
Yes or no

5) I want that shredded look that I see in magazines but my genetics won't allow it.
True or false

Answers to my own questions:

1) You've been training for 3 years and your arms or chest or whatever just seems to have stopped growing it must be genetics.
False. I doubt very much that anyone that has been training for only 3 years could possibly have reached their full genetic potential. This person needs to change some things. Possibly diet; training routine; or both.

2) I train my calves once a week and do 6 hard sets for them and i can't get them to grow anymore. My genetics won't allow them to get over 13 inches.
False: 6 sets a week just aren't enough for such a stubborn muscle. Because the calves work all day supporting the human body they require serious attention to make them grow. they (in a way) became invulnerable to normal or even slightly above normal stress so they require serious muscle shock to grow

3) I train calves 3 times a week hard and have seen great results but I can't get them to build lower down towards my ankle. They have great shape but my calf area above my ankle is far smaller then my calves. Genetics won't allow me to make my calves build lower down my leg.
True: You can't control where your Calves attach to the leg. This person has "high" calves. Seated calf raises will help but he will never have longer looking calves.

4) I've always wanted 6 pac abs but I only see a 5 pac. I can't seem to get that last ab to show. I can't even find it!!! Also they are not in perfect rows of 2 but moreso staggered. Is that normal and can I fix it?
Genetic??
Yes. How your abs line up vary due to genetics. You can't change it. For an example check out a bodybuilding magazine and look for differences.

5) I want that shredded look that I see in magazines but my genetics won't allow it.
false, It's not genetics here. Its drugs. Diuretics for example with serious dieting will help reach that level. But that is not a healty bodyfat level for year long. It's not natural but can be acheived which counts out Genetics.

Remember Genetics is your body makeup. Genetics determine a persons full potential for growth, a muscles shape and attachemt. You height, skin color, etc. It determines at what age you will loose your hair and if you'll have a receeding hair line.
My big point with all this is DON'T blame GENETICS for every bump in the road you come across. Before counting yourself out and looking for the easy excuse for a lagging bodypart, look for a better way to improve those areas. Usually it is something easy like just changing your routine or adding an excercise or two. Maybe even removing an excercise or two.

Peace to all and I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Sorry, but what was your point in all this? You asked some questions to test the knowledge of the members on board and then you answred them before anyone else could.:confused:

Big, I'm not testing knowledge. this is a discussion forum. I gave my answers to how I would answer them. Your supposed to give yours or if you care to agree or disagree with mine.

The whole point is this,,, I see way too often in these types of sites people blaming Genetics on everything. I took a new approach here to see how people feel genetics really effect their training. I say, not much. No offense but I don't see any pro bodybuilders on here so unless people here are looking to become pro bodybuilders, the effects of genetics on your outcome will not be significant enough to cry about. I say train hard and smart and leave excuses at the door.

the above is not directed to anyone here. This is what I've seen in other forums. I'm sure there are some here but I've yet to run into any of them.

I know that my genetics are not holding me back but my own lack of intensity by training with insufficient workloads. sometimes it really sucks not having a partner or even someone who knows how to give a proper spot

Yea Yea LAM right!! I've seen your pics bro your hardly held back ya monster!!! Great to see you again and thanks for playing my game here. hahahaha

Re: Re: Is it Genetics or your Training holding you back??

Originally posted by firestorm
false, It's not genetics here. Its drugs. Diuretics for example with serious dieting will help reach that level. But that is not a healty bodyfat level for year long. It's not natural but can be acheived which counts out Genetics.

I agree with all of your answers except this one (I partially disagree). I am not saying that you can look like Gunther in the last Olympia, but with proper diet & training you can get ripped naturally. Of course shredded might be difficult to reach without drugs, but I have seeen certified natural bodybuilders get pretty close to "shredded".

lol I'm confused. What part do you disagree with that I said? I also said False. Its not genetic. I agree that people can get pretty shredded also. but even natural bodybuilders have to get that last bit of water out and I'm sure many of them use "legal" water type pills or diuretics of some sort. but regardless we still agree.
that was a tricky question my answer may not have been very clear. sorry.
Oh there are people though that do have illnesses that cause massive weight gain. So this was a tricky question. Point of the question is this. Guys will have lets say some love handles and claim they can't rid themselves of it. I say in cases like that it isn't genetic. I say it's diet.

IML Gear Cream!
Re: Re: Re: Is it Genetics or your Training holding you back??

Originally posted by Prince

I agree with all of your answers except this one (I partially disagree). I am not saying that you can look like Gunther in the last Olympia, but with proper diet & training you can get ripped naturally. Of course shredded might be difficult to reach without drugs, but I have seeen certified natural bodybuilders get pretty close to "shredded".

I have to agree to disagree withyou on this one..

I will concur with #5....

So it was a trick question?
I'm confused. You are testing us....why?

hahaha nooo I'm not tesing anyone. It's just a subtle hint to people not to blame genetics for a lagging bodypart. I just want to point out that people will gain muscle and when they come to a plateu it doesn't mean it's time to quickly blame genetics and to work harder and or smarter.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it Genetics or your Training holding you back??

Originally posted by Vvitto

I have to agree to disagree withyou on this one..

I will concur with #5....

so, you do not think it's possible to get ripped without drugs?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it Genetics or your Training holding you back??

Originally posted by Prince

so, you do not think it's possible to get ripped without drugs?

Not too many..talking about those pretty, ripped boides on the cover magaiznes, I will say that they are using juice big time!

I agree with you on all points, (number 5 could be worded better, I think thats why Prince is so confused. :laugh: )

There are always ways around certain genetic draw backs.

On a side note, i watched the "Green Mile" last night on TV, danm that guy is a genetic freak. :eek:

Yeah, he's big but not that big, it still looks cool.

Hey you want to see a genetic freak,, Damn that pappa pump Scotty Steiner is back and at WWE. What a freeken monster.
Oh and Scotty,,, shaddup bout my wording of number 5 ya big jerk!! hahahahaha

IML Gear Cream!
Yeah, but Scott is a chemically altered genetic freak, the guy from the green mile is a true freak. And Prince, well he's just a freak. :laugh:

Originally posted by LAM
I know that my genetics are not holding me back but my own lack of intensity by training with insufficient workloads. sometimes it really sucks not having a partner or even someone who knows how to give a proper spot
i hear ya LAM. but i do however love to be an intense smart lifter, people in our gym, they dont ever train that hard. i do train by myself, at times it sucks for spotting reasons. as far as the genetics, my parent are both shorter then me, my father was a stocky man until he had his first out of several operations. if you have poor genetics, i believe through hard work, time and dedication, you can change your appearence greatly.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

hahahahaha

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
Yeah, but Scott is a chemically altered genetic freak, the guy from the green mile is a true freak. And Prince, well he's just a freak. :laugh:

You and I see eye to eye on this subject Tank and your wording was "smart" (...poor genetics I believe hard wrk,time,dedicatino you can change appearance GREATLY). You never said that they would be the next Mr. O. Secondly, I also train alone but at home.
Fire

Originally posted by Tank316
i hear ya LAM. but i do however love to be an intense smart lifter, people in our gym, they dont ever train that hard. i do train by myself, at times it sucks for spotting reasons. as far as the genetics, my parent are both shorter then me, my father was a stocky man until he had his first out of several operations. if you have poor genetics, i believe through hard work, time and dedication, you can change your appearence greatly.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Back