• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Your Car. . . . . Help me choose

TheGreatSatan

38lbs lost
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What do you guys drive and what's your opinion about your purchase? Did you make a good choice? How many repairs have you had to make?

We've had a 2001 Ford Focus since it was brand new and it has been perfect. We've spent no more than a grand on repairs these last ten years, but it is getting quite old now. We're thinking of trading it in for something new, but want your opinions. Our other vehicle is a 2003 Town and Country that we rarely use with less than 50K miles on it.

We've been admiring the Buick Enclave and really like the brown one.

brown-buick-enclave1.jpg

Does anyone own one or know anything about them or something similiar/better?

I just sold my 2002 Focus and like yours it was a great car. I also have 2007 Mustang GT 14k miles that I have kept in storage the last 2 years...start it and short drive periodically. I love my 'stang. Currently I am considering a Cadillac but I need to research it a bit more

From what I can read it sounds like Buick is making a hell of a car again. GM is about to be the worlds largest auto company in the world again, and it has a lot to do with Buick sales, especially in China.

I like the Enclaves. We currently have a Lexus RX330. I love it. You really know you are driving a luxury vehicle when you are in one of these. The new ones now have mouses built in so you can scroll around with the nav and heating/cooling features. The highbeams also automatically adjust when a car is coming or when you come to a stop. The thing drives awesome as well. And it's Toyota parts so the repairs aren't bad. The service center has been great. Anytime we take our car in they give us a brand new Lexus SUV as our loaner car. No questions asked. They are expensive initially but well worth it in the long run. It is the car driven by most realtors and they put like 200K on them no problem. The Enclave's are nice. I'm not sure how Buick service is though. I always check that out before I purchase a car. Good luck. By the way my other car is a 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege. That is my baby and I will never give her up. Mazda service was nothing like Lexus.

From what I can read it sounds like Buick is making a hell of a car again. GM is about to be the worlds largest auto company in the world again, and it has a lot to do with Buick sales, especially in China.

I think Ford has better selection for China cars. They have 3 cars that are 4 door and get 40 miles plus per gallon. They are tiny though.

Just bought a new Routan yesterday...I can't believe I bought an effing minivan. Wife is happy, but youth is officially long gone now

American cars suck.

Nutten rides like a AUDI for a working class car. Not to fancy, not to cheep looken.

IML Gear Cream!
2010 VW Jetta Sport Wagon TDI. LOVE it!!! With the cruise control set at 80 MPH and A/C blowing full blast I still get 40 MPG. The ride is as smooth as glass and quiet as a church mouse. No diesel knock or turbo whine, just smooth power.:winkfinger:

Nutten rides like a AUDI for a working class car. Not to fancy, not to cheep looken.

Working class... Audi ? Gtfo bro

Sent from my samsung moment android via tapatalk

2010 VW Jetta Sport Wagon TDI. LOVE it!!! With the cruise control set at 80 MPH and A/C blowing full blast I still get 40 MPG. The ride is as smooth as glass and quiet as a church mouse. No diesel knock or turbo whine, just smooth power.:winkfinger:

I had an 05 Passat TDI that was the fastest one in North America. Custom Rocketchip, Kerma Race Injectors, Custom Built Suncoast TQ converter, 17/24 hybrid turbo and a big FMIC. Ran a 17.9 sec 1/4 stock and a 14.9 sec 1/4 when I was done with it.

Traded it while it was running on 3 of 4 cylinders for new 06 Mustang GT. :roflmao:

Lol, i cant afford a prositute.

Cause you got that audi payment bro! Lol

Sent from my samsung moment android via tapatalk

I drive a BMW 128i, my GF just traded in her BMW X6 for a 128i Convertible because we have not had any issues with my 1 series and she likes the fuel savings my car has...so now we have 2 BMW 128i's...I wish I had gotten a convertible, whenever I drive it on occasion I always catch women checking me out....

IML Gear Cream!
Bullshit! Cadillac's are by far the best cars out there. The CTS-V is my dream car with 556hp :daydream:

In terms of popular trends, maybe. But, American cars suck donkey balls in terms of durability when compared to brands like honda.

My next car will be a Honda hybrid. I think they look rather lame, and I could give two shits about emissions, but I predict that gas prices are going to make it more economically viable to own hybrids especially if you do a lot of city driving.

Dont buy a Buick the last car Buick made that was worth owning was 86-87 Regal Grand National/T-type... Cadillacs are nice American cars are stepping up they're game why dont you look into a tahoe or even a the Smaller Cadillac SUV?

I had an 05 Passat TDI that was the fastest one in North America. Ran a 17.9 sec 1/4 stock and a 14.9 sec 1/4 when I was done with it.

Fastest Passat in North America and only ran a 14.9 sec in the 1/4 mile. Hard to believe. You will need some hard data to back that one up.

Coming from someone with a degree in auto mechanics, foreign cars aren't all they are cracked up to be. My sister has a Camry that she has constantly had problems with, including having to have the tranny rebuilt. My dad bought a brand new 2010 civic and its been in for a new a/c compressor. Before that he had bought a brand new 2008 altima and when it had 25k miles on it the short block had to be replaced and it was never the same and thats why he got the civic.

Now my mom has a 2004 Taurus business car. 164k miles on original tranny and everything. Doesn't leak, burn oil.

I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 HO with 155k on the original motor and tranny, runs perfect doesn't burn oil.

Seems like the only cars my family ever has problems with are foreign cars.

Buy American, if for no other reason than to use one of the few chances you have to buy something built in the US.

We are a mazda family. I drive a 1988 rx7 turbo 10th annaversary and my wifes family.truckster is a 2008 mazda cx7 turbo..both are good cars

Did someone say Cadillacs are the shit with 556hp?.

:wits:

KelJu said:
In terms of popular trends, maybe. But, American cars suck donkey balls in terms of durability when compared to brands like honda.

My next car will be a Honda hybrid. I think they look rather lame, and I could give two shits about emissions, but I predict that gas prices are going to make it more economically viable to own hybrids especially if you do a lot of city driving.

Not to mention how easy they are to maintain and comfortable. Friend has one, love it.

The first is photo on the dyno at a diesel drag racing event. There's nothing more beautiful than an over-fueled diesel blowing black smoke. :daydream:

The second is a photo when I added the FMIC and 17/24 hybrid turbo because I wasted the stock turbo at 30psi racing a 2003 Anniversary Edition Mustang (had him by 2 car lengths at 70mph and 4 car lengths at 110mph). The stock turbo would handle 27psi all day and short spikes of 28psi and 29psi.

I found a couple of old videos on Photobucket. This video is off the shelf Stage 3 programming and Race injectors which was good for a mid 15 second car @ 26psi. Stage 3 programming by itself (my initial mod) took the car from 17.9 to a consistent 16.4 second quarter. A couple weeks after this video was shot, I thrashed my torque converter, bought a new one from VW and had it shipped to the late Joe Webb at Suncoast Converters. He built me a custom TC I couldn't kill.

Passat Dyno :: 100% stock except race injectors and stage 3 programming video by 14SecondPassat - Photobucket

Here's a dyno pull at a diesel event in south Georgia:

Passat Dyno :: DPM Dyno Smoke /Stage 3 RC / Race Injectors and Suncoast TC Only video by 14SecondPassat - Photobucket

Last edited:
Back