• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Eating A Dozen Eggs Per Day

IML Gear Cream!
Ouch! Built comin in heavy (artillary ref not weight) as usual boys. I love it when she does that. Knowledge is power and Built holds the gold medal in this category. And the response is........ I'll take oops I stand corrected for a 1,000 Alex.

Care to back this up with some research?

You appear to be misinformed as to the contribution dietary cholesterol makes to your blood lipids.

My cholesterol was high enough to medicate when I was 33 years old. I brought it DOWN on the Atkins diet, eating butter, eggs and red meat daily. It had been too high on my former low-fat, "whole-grains with everything" diet. It was then I realized I had much to learn about diet.

We've already done this dance before, so I won't take it personal and I'm not going to argue. You are obviously very well informed and contrary to what you think, I know a thing or two about manipulating my body, but can appreciate a different perspective and respect your opinion.

Peace Out!

All I asked for was some research from that supp guy. So far, no dice.

How do you manage your cholesterol, runner? You're the one who brought up gifted genetics. I had terrible genetics for cholesterol.

All I asked for was some research from that supp guy. So far, no dice.

How do you manage your cholesterol, runner? You're the one who brought up gifted genetics. I had terrible genetics for cholesterol.

This may seem overly simple, but I've been following the same basic principles for 20 years and have maintained my cholesterol and triglycerides in a desirable range. Given the fact that I???m not genetically prone to heart disease and I run, cholesterol in my diet is an afterthought. That being said, my maintenance fat intake ranges between 10-30% of my total calories and when choosing my proteins, I error on the lower fat choice as a rule of thumb. I get plenty of cholesterol in the beef, chicken, pork and fish that I eat. When it comes to eggs, I eat 8 whites a day and save the yolks for a treat on the weekends (never more than 6 a week). I???ve always approached my diet as a way of life and enjoy eating very simple (like a body builder or performance athlete, but with lots of spices and fresh herbs). I also enjoy cooking nice meals and don???t hold back. For me it???s all about ???training??? (fairly strict diet) during the week and a little splurge on the weekends. I???ve always said, there???s nothing you can do in a day that will destroy all the work you???ve put into the week ??? unless you overdo the alcohol.

Cheers!

How much fructose do you eat?

How much fructose do you eat?

Hm? Not exactly sure, but I eat 3-4 servings of fruit a day (apples, oranges, peaches, melon, pears, etc). I don't differentiate the macro nutrients in carbs, but rather they are part of an overall carb intake predominately as complex carbs. In my mind, I eat fruits and vegetables for the nutrient/fibrous purpose and as long as I keep them in reason (fruits that is – no limit on veggies) I’m not really concerned other than my total carbohydrate intake. On the other hand, I absolutely choose low or sugar free when eating processed or refined foods.

The reason I ask is because of how Ancel Keyes' lipid hypothesis was derived. Recall in his "seven countries" study, he proposed that in countries where saturated fat intake was high, so was the incidence of heart disease. He noted an interesting correlation, but never bothered to complete his multiple regression analysis: countries where saturated fat consumption was high also had high sucrose consumption. He ran his regression holding sucrose constant, but never ran the reverse. His incomplete analysis made him a famous and wealthy scientist, but did the world a great deal of harm.

This is long, and for that I apologize, but believe me it's worth it.

I've watched it three times. Not only did it answer a longstanding question for me (why some low fat and some low carb diets seem to reduce blood lipids and obesity), it forced me to completely rethink the role of insulin.

Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, explores the damage caused by sugary foods. He argues that fructose (too much) and fiber (not enough) appear to be cornerstones of the obesity epidemic through their effects on insulin. Series: UCSF Mini Medical School for the Public [7/2009] [Health and Medicine] [Show ID: 16717]

YouTube Video

The reason I ask is because of how Ancel Keyes' lipid hypothesis was derived. Recall in his "seven countries" study, he proposed that in countries where saturated fat intake was high, so was the incidence of heart disease. He noted an interesting correlation, but never bothered to complete his multiple regression analysis: countries where saturated fat consumption was high also had high sucrose consumption. He ran his regression holding sucrose constant, but never ran the reverse. His incomplete analysis made him a famous and wealthy scientist, but did the world a great deal of harm.

This is long, and for that I apologize, but believe me it's worth it.

I've watched it three times. Not only did it answer a longstanding question for me (why some low fat and some low carb diets seem to reduce blood lipids and obesity), it forced me to completely rethink the role of insulin.

Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, explores the damage caused by sugary foods. He argues that fructose (too much) and fiber (not enough) appear to be cornerstones of the obesity epidemic through their effects on insulin. Series: UCSF Mini Medical School for the Public [7/2009] [Health and Medicine] [Show ID: 16717]

YouTube Video

Sounds interesting - I'll definately check it out tomorrow and will let you know my thoughts...Time to hit the sack, it's been a long week :)

Night!

IML Gear Cream!
8 egg cheese omelette, throw out half the yokes 50 mins after my post work out shake f...in A

To toss a monkey wrench into things here, I remember reading that there's something in eggs that inhibits cholesterol uptake from them, so that you don't really get all the cholesterol that's in the yolk. Cholesterol levels aren't a problem for me (steady 175-ish for years), so I didn't research it much further than that.

i eat a lot alot alot of eggs and i hate them already but , what can u do , this is life, do what you dont want

per builts post, the way she's been eating these past few years, i have been eating like this for 55 years.. thank god i had a smart athletic dad that taught me correctly..

I never count them, i always count the days when i am not able to have eggs.:loser2:

Interesting bit of information I came across (yes, I'm _still_ reading up on eggs and nutrition). Egg whites contain ovomucin ( Ovomucin )

Ovomucin is a trypsin inhibitor.

Trypsin ( Trypsin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) is the enzyme that breaks proteins down into smaller peptides and amino acids that can be absorbed by the intestine.

Ovomucin is denatured by cooking at a temperature high enough to cause the egg white to solidify.

So what's it all mean? It boils down to this: raw egg whites seriously degrade your body's ability to break down, and thus absorb, proteins. Raw eggs don't just have a low bioavailability of their proteins, they also inhibit breakdown and uptake of any other proteins in the digestive system at the same time.

The takeaway? _*ALWAYS*_ cook your egg whites, even if they're pasteurized and powdered, because there are pasteurization methods (e.g. cold pasteurization, or irradiation with ultraviolet, gamma, X-ray energy), that while sufficient to kill microorganisms, might not denature the ovomucin.

Care to back this up with some research?

You appear to be misinformed as to the contribution dietary cholesterol makes to your blood lipids.

My cholesterol was high enough to medicate when I was 33 years old. I brought it DOWN on the Atkins diet, eating butter, eggs and red meat daily. It had been too high on my former low-fat, "whole-grains with everything" diet. It was then I realized I had much to learn about diet.

I'm with built. Also, cut your carbs and watch your triglycerides drop. Triglycerides are a better indicator of cardiovascular risk. Pretty much the bulk of what we have been fed about cholesterol and cholesterol medications holds little water as long as your HDL doesn't get to low.

Back