• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Switched up my routine

MissionHockey

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Starting today I switched up my routine. My biceps have always been stubborn to grow. My old routine is as follows:

Day 1 - Back
Day 2 - Chest
Day 3 - Bis/Tris
Day 4 - Shoulders
Day 5 - Legs

A buddy of mine suggested that I train my quads separately from my hamstrings. He told me try training my quads with my biceps and my triceps with my hamstrings. The new routine I will follow is:

Day 1 - Back
Day 2 - Chest
Day 3 - Quads/Biceps
Day 4 - Shoulders
Day 5 - Hamstrings/Triceps

I am hoping that I will notice a difference in my biceps. I'm not expecting much right now because I'm cutting though. I'm wondering if my biceps will grow due to the GH that my body will release when I am training my quads. It's just an idea, so I'll see how it works out for me. I am currently following the carb cycling meal plan located here...

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/diet-nutrition/6620-male-cutting-plan-meals.html

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Training 5 days a week isn't going to work if your goal is to grow.
Neither is cutting.
Does this make sense to you: You grow when you eat and you grow when you rest.

TooOld,

So what do you suggest? I have always been under the impression that a five day routine was almost standard.

Few things. Firstly, if your goal is to increase muscle mass particularly in your biceps then throw the idea of cutting out the window for now. Your arms will not grow while you're on a cut. If your goal is to increase muscle mass right now then you should consider a bulk for a few months and then do a cut to shed some fat while preserving muscle mass. If you want your arms (and overall body) to get bigger and stronger fast I would suggest sticking to this criteria:

1. Set up a program doing only the following lifts: bench press, shoulder press, dips, squats, bb rows, chin-ups, pull-ups and deadlifts. Go heavy on these, with proper form, in rep ranges from 6-12 reps per set.

2. Make sure you have at least one rest day for every training day.

3. Eat a relatively clean, high calorie, high protein diet and get enough sleep.

Remember, your arms will grow much faster from compound lifts rather than isolation so a few sets of dips, bb rows, pull-ups and chin-ups will be much better than countless sets of isolation.

Good luck

Few things. Firstly, if your goal is to increase muscle mass particularly in your biceps then throw the idea of cutting out the window for now. Your arms will not grow while you're on a cut. If your goal is to increase muscle mass right now then you should consider a bulk for a few months and then do a cut to shed some fat while preserving muscle mass. If you want your arms (and overall body) to get bigger and stronger fast I would suggest sticking to this criteria:

1. Set up a program doing only the following lifts: bench press, shoulder press, dips, squats, bb rows, chin-ups, pull-ups and deadlifts. Go heavy on these, with proper form, in rep ranges from 6-12 reps per set.

2. Make sure you have at least one rest day for every training day.

3. Eat a relatively clean, high calorie, high protein diet and get enough sleep.

Remember, your arms will grow much faster from compound lifts rather than isolation so a few sets of dips, bb rows, pull-ups and chin-ups will be much better than countless sets of isolation.

Good luck

I rather like this suggestion, but I personally have terribly slender arms and all I do is compound movements. Your schedule you posted looks just like mine, but I do not take days off for days of training. Just two a week, and work different sections so they don't overlap too much.

Back