• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes

Imosted

We Will Rise
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
YouTube Video

Isn't it sad that it has been 20 years since this speech and nothing has changed.

Discuss

Nothing has changed because there isn't any profit in it.

I think everyone who posts in this thread are definately gay :coffee:

This child, now an adult, speaks a lot of truth. The world economy is driven by debt, which means consumption and productivity must increase in perpetuity. The end point is complete consumption and economic collapse. That is the future reality and nothing will stop it. It appears to be the nature of modern man.

Coming from the Gayest mod in IM history, I think your comment is way off partner :roflmao:

This child, now an adult, speaks a lot of truth. The world economy is driven by debt, which means consumption and productivity must increase in perpetuity. The end point is complete consumption and economic collapse. That is the future reality and nothing will stop it. It appears to be the nature of modern man.

I agree!!!!! - the US is a house of cards when it comes to the economy. $$ is the root of all evil - Richer get richer and the poorer get poorer.....just wait another 5 years - all hell will break loose.....hoard your cash now - just sayin..... :winkfinger:

IML Gear Cream!
That's not true, a lot has changed.

you are right, more animals are extinct, more forests became deserts, the oceans are dirtier, the air is dirtier, the ozone layer is thinner and so on.

The only way for humanity to change his-her way is that there has to be a catastrophic event to happen, but again it is human nature to be greedy and selfish.

That little girl is more wise than a lot of people I know that are my own age.

you are right, more animals are extinct, more forests became deserts, the oceans are dirtier, the air is dirtier, the ozone layer is thinner and so on.

The only way for humanity to change his-her way is that there has to be a catastrophic event to happen, but again it is human nature to be greedy and selfish.

Not to steal your thunder, because this post is dead-on, but
I have to say that all animals are selfish.
They have to be to survive.
End of story.

End of story.

True but we as humanity are not just trying to survive, we are greedy and we are trying to get richer and richer,
An animal will kill only for food or protection( so that its future generation can survive), we kill for joy, animals do not effect the environment as we do.
we kill and we don't even think about our future generations.

Very well said.

End of story.

I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish, but myCAT has one of the best posts of all time. one of the best posts OF ALL TIME!

True but we as humanity are not just trying to survive, we are greedy and we are trying to get richer and richer,
An animal will kill only for food or protection( so that its future generation can survive), we kill for joy, animals do not effect the environment as we do.
we kill and we don't even think about our future generations.

I bet there are instances of animals just killing for the fun of it. Take the pit/rottweiler mix my neighbor had, it got loose so many times and would gang up with other wild dogs. One day my elderly cat was out on the back porch which is screened in when that brute busted through the screen and grabbed the cat for no reason and mauled it to death. Just to kill something. My dogs will kill birds outside I found 2 this weekend while doing yard work. Not eaten just killed. I think some animals can be taken with bloodlust just like people, they can't express their elation after doing so like we do.

Animals can effect the environment big time, beavers can build a dam in the wrong spot and ruin a fragile eco-system, grazing herds can eat all of the plants by a water stream and cause increased erosion.

Not saying we aren't total brat children to mother nature, but none of her children are perfect, not even the harmless panda who chose such a rapid growing plant(bamboo can grow 3' a day) to forage on they didn't have to roam very far for food and thus didn't meet up with mates very often. Evolutionary laziness, like we are facing....

I bet there are instances of animals just killing for the fun of it. Take the pit/rottweiler mix my neighbor had, it got loose so many times and would gang up with other wild dogs. One day my elderly cat was out on the back porch which is screened in when that brute busted through the screen and grabbed the cat for no reason and mauled it to death. Just to kill something. My dogs will kill birds outside I found 2 this weekend while doing yard work. Not eaten just killed. I think some animals can be taken with bloodlust just like people, they can't express their elation after doing so like we do.

Animals can effect the environment big time, beavers can build a dam in the wrong spot and ruin a fragile eco-system, grazing herds can eat all of the plants by a water stream and cause increased erosion.

Not saying we aren't total brat children to mother nature, but none of her children are perfect, not even the harmless panda who chose such a rapid growing plant(bamboo can grow 3' a day) to forage on they didn't have to roam very far for food and thus didn't meet up with mates very often. Evolutionary laziness, like we are facing....

You are correct about what you said but what i meant is, nature has its balance, animals do kill each other, but we are destroying that balance by our actions, like killing whales, and uncontrolled fishing, the uncontrolled fishing industry in Black Sea, Aegean Sea and Mediterranean sea almost wiped out most of the fish population up until 10 years ago. The fisherman used to catch millions of fish without a problem, but now it is maybe 1 5th of what they used to because their timing was wrong, they caught the fish while they were pregnant and so on(by the way as you guys now my english is not perfect so sorry for the fucked up grammar).

The nature has its balance, some animals are going extinct because of evolution and they cant keep up, but we make this process 1000 times faster,
in an article i was reading today (from 2002)

AUSTIN, Texas -- Half of all living bird and mammal species will be gone within 200 or 300 years, according to a botany professor at The University of Texas at Austin.

Extinction Rate Across The Globe Reaches Historical Proportions

Nothing has changed because there isn't any profit in it.

that fact that your statement is true, causes me great sadness...

it's sickening that a 12-13 year old girl has more common sense then so many adults that are "in charge" of things that have the capacity to make the right changes.

I don't even have any children but I feel sorry for the lack of a future and opportunities than many of my friends children will have to endure.

You are correct about what you said but what i meant is, nature has its balance, animals do kill each other, but we are destroying that balance by our actions, like killing whales, and uncontrolled fishing, the uncontrolled fishing industry in Black Sea, Aegean Sea and Mediterranean sea almost wiped out most of the fish population up until 10 years ago. The fisherman used to catch millions of fish without a problem, but now it is maybe 1 5th of what they used to because their timing was wrong, they caught the fish while they were pregnant and so on(by the way as you guys now my english is not perfect so sorry for the fucked up grammar).

The nature has its balance, some animals are going extinct because of evolution and they cant keep up, but we make this process 1000 times faster,
in an article i was reading today (from 2002)

AUSTIN, Texas -- Half of all living bird and mammal species will be gone within 200 or 300 years, according to a botany professor at The University of Texas at Austin.

Extinction Rate Across The Globe Reaches Historical Proportions

My theory is because we have thought for so many years to be above nature, we have separated ourselves through the "God created us in his Image and everything else was put here for us to abuse" belief. We have to realize we are part of the natural cycle, there is no man-made vs natural, everything we make is natural as much as a termite colony, they process their building materials like we process ours. We are turning around, people are fighting against the rapers of our lands even though we don't glorify them and in fact mock them as tree-hugger earth muffin dirty hippies.

Like some man says in the movie 'Waking Life': "Which is the most universal human characteristic: fear, or laziness?"
I think laziness is, because we love homeostasis and cleaning up our act is taking a concentrated effort by all of us together. We could still make money being clean and conscientious, the Green movement is making money, I have seen sales of solar more than quadruple in less than a decade.

We have to have faith in ourselves again, too many people are pessimistic that we can change and so they "stay the course"...

BBC News - Forest loss slows as Asian nations plant

http://nrs.fs.fed.us/pubs/gtr/gtr_nc241.pdf

People's actions have changed, technology has changed. It seems like I'm exposed to more green movement than sex through media these days.

As the sun bowed out this evening, a broken rainbow caught my eye. Just a pillar jutting from the mountain side; “Like a shard of stained glass from the collapsing Whole Earth Cathedral”, I thought. And as I watched shadows bloom in the dying light I pondered on those who forsake our planet, those with karma-kaze attitudes and the darkness that grows in them as they blacken our skies, and seas and lands for the false sunlight of gold with ill regard for whats to come ©2011 ML

As the sun bowed out this evening, a broken rainbow caught my eye. Just a pillar jutting from the mountain side; ???Like a shard of stained glass from the collapsing Whole Earth Cathedral???, I thought. And as I watched shadows bloom in the dying light I pondered on those who forsake our planet, those with karma-kaze attitudes and the darkness that grows in them as they blacken our skies, and seas and lands for the false sunlight of gold with ill regard for whats to come ©2011 ML

Exactly :hehe:

Karma-kaze attitudes, they don't give a shit about anything except for getting theirs now, they wanna throw away all those millenia of Earth and man-kinds combined achievement; is this what we are going to allow a few over-ambitious money hungry power crazed stooges to return us to fiefdom as they claim the Earth theirs to do with whatever they want?

"In the land of milk and honey....
Slay the cow, swat the bee." ML

youareguilty.jpg

teh ghey!!1!

That's not true, a lot has changed.

Things got worse?

And I wonder what she does for a living today. Probably the CEO of a company that pollutes and/or burns holes in the ozone layer. :D

:sorry:

Back