• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Shooters advise

jagbender

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it.

Shooting Advice:

Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arm???s length and never say "I???ve got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven???s sake let the "first sound they hear be the safety clicking off", and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.

'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes??? the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is a drill instructor (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona ). Here are a few of his observations on tactics, firearms, self-defense and life as we know it in the civilized world.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way.."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shooting', you should be loading'. If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', someone's going to cut your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy... and you're going to be one of 'em pretty soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid.. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"

"Don't shoot fast, unless you also shoot good."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems.. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

"Thunder Ranch will be here as long as you'll have us or until someone makes us go away, and either way, it will be exciting."

More Excellent Gun Wisdom???

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware of the woman who only has one gun, because she probably knows how to use it very well.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson.1

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why doyou carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'
5a. If it doesn't start with a .4, you probably don't want to carry it.

guns<nugs

guns<nugs

This is a close call. But I'd rather have a gun and I smoke enough every day to put down a full size elephant. I always have my gun with me.

I like this thread.....but not as much as I like my colt .45 :kissu:

Nothing better than the perfection known as the 1911. :winkfinger:

Man I had glocks and all kinds of crap. Finally my best friend talked me into getting my colt instead of another plastic gun. Granted it was almost $1000 but dude, it's the best gun i've ever shot. 1911 FTMFW :ohyeah:Ended up with the Colt New Agent and I've never shot a better gun. It's the 3" sub compact model and the best part is I can carry it.

5a. If it doesn't start with a .4, you probably don't want to carry it.

Light carry Weapon Of Choice S&W Scandium .357 5 shot snubby 11 ounces empty

Heavier needs Kimber Ultra CDP 3.5" .40 caliber with 2 extra mags. I used to think the Kimber was light @ 23 ounces empty, until I got the S&W

Serious Business I have several full size .45's

Desert Eagle .50 Boat anchor but fun to shoot.

Man I had glocks and all kinds of crap. Finally my best friend talked me into getting my colt instead of another plastic gun. Granted it was almost $1000 but dude, it's the best gun i've ever shot. 1911 FTMFW :ohyeah:Ended up with the Colt New Agent and I've never shot a better gun. It's the 3" sub compact model and the best part is I can carry it.

Nice gun

Thanks bro. It's a blast to shoot. The trench sights took some getting used to but I can point shoot it like a mofo now at 15yds.

My normal everyday carry is my Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380 or my Ruger LCP. I like them cause I can put them in a pocket holster and they're no bigger than a cell phone and very comfortable. Much better than the shitty Kel-tecs and Taurus'. Not the biggest caliber but what good is a gun if you leave it at home cause it's uncomfortable?

IML Gear Cream!

Glock the "Plastic Fantastic" No thanks

Thanks bro. It's a blast to shoot. The trench sights took some getting used to but I can point shoot it like a mofo now at 15yds.

My normal everyday carry is my Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380 or my Ruger LCP. I like them cause I can put them in a pocket holster and they're no bigger than a cell phone and very comfortable. Much better than the shitty Kel-tecs and Taurus'. Not the biggest caliber but what good is a gun if you leave it at home cause it's uncomfortable?

That's is what I like about the Scandium S&W light. not fun to shoot though. But If I need it I won't be concerned about any kind of fun. It is not too bad with .38's but .357's hurt.

I shoot competition Bullseye matches. I have several very accurate weapons. I have a custom made Caspian frameset built by Ed Masaki. if you are not in Bullseye you probably would never have heard of him. But you put that .45 in a Ransom Rest @ 50 yards it will shoot 10 shot groups 1 7/16" measured CENTER TO CENTER all day long. Bullseye we shoot one handed outdoors @ 50 and 25 Yards. slow fire, Timed and rapid fire. Fun stuff

Ok we get it, youre going through a midlife crisis.

Now do more pull ups on your buck antlers and stfu! (i think thats what youre doing in your avi?)

lol Just breaking your balls.

Umm, id rather not say anything on the matter as it will probably be used against me someday. But being unarmed in a world of crazies is...well, crazy.

"i rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Learned that gem a while ago.

Man shooting is a way of life for many people just as bodybuilding is. You should be more tolerent of people's hobbies!

Jag, that 45 that shoots those groups sounds like a work of art. Me, my next purcahse (Within the next month or two) will be a .22 pistol I can take to the range to practice my technique and not break the bank. I think I'm going to go with the Browning Buckmark. Also, my girl can shoot it and not be scared of it. She goes with me to the range but is kinda scared to shoot. I hope that will break her in. I can teach her the fundamentals with it.

Ok we get it, youre going through a midlife crisis.

Now do more pull ups on your buck antlers and stfu! (i think thats what youre doing in your avi?)

lol Just breaking your balls.

Umm, id rather not say anything on the matter as it will probably be used against me someday. But being unarmed in a world of crazies is...well, crazy.

"i rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Learned that gem a while ago.

Already been through the MID life thing :roflmao: You have to expect to get your balls busted on this forum!

Yeah the AVI was done by a gal on another forum when I was able to do my first chins! a WHILE back. Gained weight and on the way back down again! But she did a cool job on the Avi so I still use it.

Man shooting is a way of life for many people just as bodybuilding is. You should be more tolerent of people's hobbies!

Jag, that 45 that shoots those groups sounds like a work of art. Me, my next purcahse (Within the next month or two) will be a .22 pistol I can take to the range to practice my technique and not break the bank. I think I'm going to go with the Browning Buckmark. Also, my girl can shoot it and not be scared of it. She goes with me to the range but is kinda scared to shoot. I hope that will break her in. I can teach her the fundamentals with it.
Don't waste your money on a Buckmark. a reallly good shooting .22 is a Ruger MK III target bull barrel, drilled and tapped for scope mount. Get a trigger job done and possible a volquartzsen grip. I went from A beginner to expert on a Ruger.

http://www.ruger.com/products/markIIITarget/models.html

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/937-volthane-target-grips-for-ruger-mkiimkiii

I Shoot a Pardini SP .22 now, But that's 1200.00 out of the box
Pardini Armi

Don't waste your money on a Buckmark. a reallly good shooting .22 is a Ruger MK III target bull barrel, drilled and tapped for scope mount. Get a trigger job done and possible a volquartzsen grip. I went from A beginner to expert on a Ruger.

Ruger® Mark III??? Target Rimfire Pistol Models

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/937-volthane-target-grips-for-ruger-mkiimkiii

I Shoot a Pardini SP .22 now, But that's 1200.00 out of the box
Pardini Armi

Why a mark III and not a mark II? I heard the mark III's are a pain to strip because of all of the bullshit they had to add to get around the lawsuits. I'm not trying to target shoot. Just looking for something reliable and economical to shoot. I've heard nothing but good things about the buckmark. The whole point of the gun is to be economical so I wont be doing any work to it. And I'll leave it with open sights. I really just want to practice my technique on it.

Why a mark III and not a mark II? I heard the mark III's are a pain to strip because of all of the bullshit they had to add to get around the lawsuits. I'm not trying to target shoot. Just looking for something reliable and economical to shoot. I've heard nothing but good things about the buckmark. The whole point of the gun is to be economical so I wont be doing any work to it. And I'll leave it with open sights. I really just want to practice my technique on it.

I had MK II stainless not a MK III my bad. I actually buffed the SS model to a mirror shine and it was one of a kind.

the other .22 that is pretty reasonble is a Baikal IZH35 I think EAA imports them now. That was my between Ruger and Pardini SP gun.

Not sure what they go for now http://tenring.blogspot.com/2006/03/one-from-vault.html

I used to have a FFL and worked in a Gun shop when going to college
Really didn't like the Buckmark. I have owned several Brownings BTW.
I shot my Ruger bone stock for years, As I got better I had things done.

The Ruger MK II with a trigger job (about 50.00 to 60.00 bucks) would be a great shooting gun. They are a bit ugly though LOL

I had MK II stainless not a MK III my bad. I actually buffed the SS model to a mirror shine and it was one of a kind.

the other .22 that is pretty reasonble is a Baikal IZH35 I think EAA imports them now. That was my between Ruger and Pardini SP gun.

Not sure what they go for now The Ten Ring: One From the Vault

I used to have a FFL and worked in a Gun shop when going to college
Really didn't like the Buckmark. I have owned several Brownings BTW.
I shot my Ruger bone stock for years, As I got better I had things done.

The Ruger MK II with a trigger job (about 50.00 to 60.00 bucks) would be a great shooting gun. They are a bit ugly though LOL
I do own MK II's as well (and also the .22/45 series) and I cant say enough good things about those. FYI I own a springfield TRP and an ED Brown custom. (my 1911 goodness) :ohyeah:

IML Gear Cream!
I do own MK II's as well (and also the .22/45 series) and I cant say enough good things about those. FYI I own a springfield TRP and an ED Brown custom. (my 1911 goodness) :ohyeah:

Ed brown makes some nice 1911's

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it.

Shooting Advice:

Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arm???s length and neversay "I???ve got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven???s sake let the "first sound they hear be the safety clicking off", and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.

THIS.....nothing more recognizable than the sound of a pump-action shotgun....if the situation is dire enough to say something like 'I've got a gun', then there's no time to say it. Actions speak louder than words.

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killedwith your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

LOL!!:roflmao:

8. Beware of the woman who only has one gun, because she probably knows how to use it very well.

A fact that I've taught two different animals....I won't call them men....glad I didn't have to fire, but everything was ready to go. Messed me up for awhile.

I would like to add, "Don't point a gun at someone unless you intend to use it. Safety needs to be off, and a bullet in the chamber. Yeah, it's that important. Had a perp literally stare into my eyes after seeing my gun - guess he saw something there 'cause the meth-head ran. I had 15 rounds and wasn't gonna miss at that range.

Have a Ruger P95DC. It's a 9mm but I can guarantee you still don't want to be shot by it. It's a decocker model so there won't be any click of the safety going off. First shot will be double action and the rest single.

Gotten to be a decent shot with it. Being 9mm ammo is still relatively cheap.

I have a Sig 9 and a S & W .357 nice and handy. The nine is very light and deadly accurate. Double barrel in the closet. This is the wrong house to break into. Got my first rifle at 7. Shooting is a great hobby.

Last edited:
MDR, i have a SW 357 combat model, very nice. I want a 1911 more than anything tho....

MDR, i have a SW 357 combat model, very nice. I want a 1911 more than anything tho....

Mine is a 626. Bought it back in 1992. My brother has a 1911. Very nice gun.

Light carry Weapon Of Choice S&W Scandium .357 5 shot snubby 11 ounces empty

Heavier needs Kimber Ultra CDP 3.5" .40 caliber with 2 extra mags. I used to think the Kimber was light @ 23 ounces empty, until I got the S&W

Serious Business I have several full size .45's

Desert Eagle .50 Boat anchor but fun to shoot.

.357 is a notable exception. :daydream:

I'm going to acquire my first 10mm here shortly because I've always liked the round.

.357 is a notable exception. :daydream:

I'm going to acquire my first 10mm here shortly because I've always liked the round.

Glock?

Went and shot the buckmark yesterday. It was okay. Nothing wrong, but nothing that impressed me too much. It did have a scope on it so I couldn't shoot it open sights.

Glock?

Went and shot the buckmark yesterday. It was okay. Nothing wrong, but nothing that impressed me too much. It did have a scope on it so I couldn't shoot it open sights.

Yeah I'm a glock guy. I currently have a G22, G23 and G27. The wife shoots a G17 and my G22. :daydream:

Here's a little secret to those looking for a new Glock: If you join Glock Sport Shooting Foundation they will send you a coupon for a new gun for $425 I believe (I don't have it here with me).

Back when I joined, a single year membership got you the coupon right away, but my Glock dealer said the only way to get one right away now is to join 2 years (if you do a 1 year supposedly the coupon comes at the end of the year).

Back