• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Mishandled VA rape cases deemed ???shocking???

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Exclusive: Mishandled VA rape cases deemed ???shocking??? by lawyers in Pentagon suit

By Sahil Kapur
Tuesday, June 14th, 2011
WASHINGTON ??? The firm investigating a case of 17 raped military veterans suing the Pentagon responded Monday after a report that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs mishandled sexual assault cases.

"This shocking report is consistent with the findings of our investigation," Keith Rohman, president of Public Interest Investigations, the lead investigator for the attorneys representing the plaintiffs, told Raw Story in an e-mail.

"Many survivors of sexual crimes reported to us that their military commanders too often cannot or will not pursue perpetrators of sexual crimes within their units.

It is no surprise to us that these same practices continue after active duty.

Without meaningful reforms, the military justice system will continue to revictimize thousands of service member survivors of sexual crimes and allow perpetrators to go unpunished," Rohman said.

The remarks were in regards to Government Accountability Office report that concluded that "many" of the 300 sexual assault cases reported to VA police between January 2007 and July 2010 did not make their way to the VA Inspector General's Office or other VA leadership officials.

The lawsuit by the 17 veterans targets Defense Secretary Robert Gates and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. The VA did not respond to a request for comment.

The House Veterans Affairs Committee held a hearing late Monday afternoon.

"Upon reading GAO's draft report, I was sickened by its findings ??? the prevalence of sexual assault incidents at VA facilities, the lack of accountability from VA leadership and the lack of safeguards in place for these victims," said Rep. Jeff Miller (R-FL), chairman of the committee, who called the findings "intolerable."

Committee members roundly expressed shock and outrage at the VA's mishandling of the cases. Joseph Sullivan, Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Investigations for the VA Inspector General, assured them his office would "conduct criminal and administrative investigations involving crimes impacting the department's programs and operations and serious misconduct by senior management."

From The Raw Story

Not surprising at all!

As a person who was an in-patient in the V.A. system, I can personally guarantee that the V.A. med. system in this country is for the birds. And every horror story I've ever heard regarding the V.A. is true!

So, I'm not surprised at all by the rape allegations.

depraved indifference? wtf how can they not report it?

VA hospital doctor denies sexually assaulting patient *| ajc.com

Just because a man is a doctor doesn't make him void of sexual intent. I have had a Dr start massaging my boobs before and when I asked why he was doing that. He said, "To relieve the pain." I think his boner was killing him because I never said I had any pain. Then he asked if he could taste my breast milk. I know a woman who has surgery on her ears and woke up with the taste of cum in her mouth. Shit happens. I'm sure some people cry rape for wrong reasons but not this way and not this many. This is truly fucked up.

And to try to cover that shit up is downright appalling and a criminal act that needs to be investigated, ASAP!

Sexual assault in military 'jaw-dropping,' lawmaker says - CNN

A congresswoman said Thursday that her "jaw dropped" when military doctors told her that four in 10 women at a veterans hospital reported being sexually assaulted while in the military.
A government report indicates that the numbers could be even higher.
Rep. Jane Harman, D-California, spoke before a House panel investigating the way the military handles reports of sexual assault.
She said she recently visited a Veterans Affairs hospital in the Los Angeles area, where women told her horror stories of being raped in the military.

"My jaw dropped when the doctors told me that 41 percent of the female veterans seen there say they were victims of sexual assault while serving in the military," said Harman, who has long sought better protection of women in the military.
"Twenty-nine percent say they were raped during their military service. They spoke of their continued terror, feelings of helplessness and downward spirals many of their lives have taken since.
"We have an epidemic here," she said. "Women serving in the U.S. military today are more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire in Iraq."
As of July 24, 100 women had died in Iraq, according to the Pentagon.
In 2007, Harman said, only 181 out of 2,212 reports of military sexual assaults, or 8 percent, were referred to courts martial. By comparison, she said, 40 percent of those arrested in the civilian world on such charges are prosecuted.

VA hospital doctor denies sexually assaulting patient *| ajc.com

Just because a man is a doctor doesn't make him void of sexual intent. I have had a Dr start massaging my boobs before and when I asked why he was doing that. He said, "To relieve the pain." I think his boner was killing him because I never said I had any pain. Then he asked if he could taste my breast milk. I know a woman who has surgery on her ears and woke up with the taste of cum in her mouth. Shit happens. I'm sure some people cry rape for wrong reasons but not this way and not this many. This is truly fucked up.

Sexual assault in military 'jaw-dropping,' lawmaker says - CNN

A congresswoman said Thursday that her "jaw dropped" when military doctors told her that four in 10 women at a veterans hospital reported being sexually assaulted while in the military.
A government report indicates that the numbers could be even higher.
Rep. Jane Harman, D-California, spoke before a House panel investigating the way the military handles reports of sexual assault.
She said she recently visited a Veterans Affairs hospital in the Los Angeles area, where women told her horror stories of being raped in the military.

"My jaw dropped when the doctors told me that 41 percent of the female veterans seen there say they were victims of sexual assault while serving in the military," said Harman, who has long sought better protection of women in the military.
"Twenty-nine percent say they were raped during their military service. They spoke of their continued terror, feelings of helplessness and downward spirals many of their lives have taken since.
"We have an epidemic here," she said. "Women serving in the U.S. military today are more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire in Iraq."
As of July 24, 100 women had died in Iraq, according to the Pentagon.
In 2007, Harman said, only 181 out of 2,212 reports of military sexual assaults, or 8 percent, were referred to courts martial. By comparison, she said, 40 percent of those arrested in the civilian world on such charges are prosecuted.

Very upsetting! I can rant here, but I won't. Because, It'll just get me upset for nothing, because, in reality, there's nothing I can do. We are all insignificant! I can't help but be let down when I see stuff like this.

Support the troops, huh? Our Gov. doesn't even support the troops!

Surprisingly, there are people out there, who don't/won't catch on.

I don't know if this is any kind of misbehaviour, but once I saw one of my best friend, massaging a male patient's penis in hospital room. It looked liked she was giving him slow hand job. Patient had closed his eyes and his penis was so aroused and his thing had turned into red due to massage and soapy warm water. Later when I asked her what was going on in the room, she told me that she was just washing him up. I don't think she was washing him up. The Patient was a young man in his early fourties.:D

IML Gear Cream!
I wonder if the 4 out of 10 women raped is any different in the civilian population. I think a lot of women are raped at sometime in their lives and do not report it because they know the process they will be forced to endure by law inforcement is dehumanizing and degrading. Disgusting situation all around. We are so concerned with some jackass showing dick photos and sexting that stories like this one get pushed back or ignored altogether.

Back