• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Lebron James

I only saw the highlights. I think anyone will have a hard time living up to all that hype. He is getting more attention than Wilt Chamberlain and Lew Alcindor did at that age. The NBA needs to do something to stop high school kids from going directly to the pros. The NBA level of play has gone down a lot, thanks to more and more 18 and 19 year olds in the league.

James is a awesome talent though. I hope he does well. Too bad he won't go to UConn. :grin:

I think if the NBA could mandate that its players had to attend at least two years of post secondary education, they would. Unfortunately someone like James (he's got his own damned shoe already) is already too valuable to them for ticket sales for them to put off people being able to see him play for two years.

Doesn't the NFL require players to have graduated from college before they can get drafted? I would love to see them try that in the NBA. Think of all these 18 year old kids making millions, with no education and have no idea what to do outside of their sport. It's kind of sad, really...

Originally posted by ponyboy
Doesn't the NFL require players to have graduated from college before they can get drafted?

Nah, the NFL has lots of underclassman in the draft every year. The NBA needs a minor league system like MLB and NHL have. That way, kids that are drafted at 16 or 17 get sent to the minors for a couple years to hone their skills.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Nah, the NFL has lots of underclassman in the draft every year. The NBA needs a minor league system like MLB and NHL have. That way, kids that are drafted at 16 or 17 get sent to the minors for a couple years to hone their skills.

the NBA used the CBA for that until it folded, to a certain extenet anyways. no one has ever come into the nfl out of high school, i tihnk you have to go to two years of college, but there talking about maurice clarett challenging that

I think if you entered the NFL out of high school you would get killed. Usually players in the NCAA gain much of their playing weight due to the intense "programs" (read:performance enhancements) while there. I also can't imagine any high schooler being good enough to compete at that level.

Originally posted by ponyboy
I think if you entered the NFL out of high school you would get killed. Usually players in the NCAA gain much of their playing weight due to the intense "programs" (read:performance enhancements) while there. I also can't imagine any high schooler being good enough to compete at that level.

Dude, a high school kid going right to the NFL would get killed. :D Can you imagine a kid fresh out of high school getting drilled by Ray Lewis?

Like running over a turtle with a Mack truck. :D

IML Gear Cream!
Out of high school to the NFL, man don???t even joke with that. On the 1st practice their gona have to call 911 on you :shake:

Back