• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Post breast implant workouts?

laddergoat

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey ladies! I tried to search for threads about this but my computer is not wanting to function correctly this evening.

I had my surgery this past monday and am really wanting to head back to the gym. I know I am very limited on the things I will be able to do, but am wanting to do ANYTHING! I walked about 5 1/2 miles the other day but that alone is not going to satisfy me. My incisions are in the armpit and I just had the stiches removed saturday. Doc told me I am still limited with my range of motion though. He also said no weights I am hoping he will change his mind when I see him again this coming saturday. So for now I guess I am looking for any ab workouts, and any other workouts I do not need weights. Anyone out there been in my shoes in the past that has some advice to share? :hmmm:

I'm no fitness expert or doctor but I say HEAL first. I had reduction and I went back to it too fast - and I was just walking. Healing takes a lot out of you. Go easy for now, maybe a little walking, just moving around in increasing increments well within what's not painful or uncomfortable.

I know this isn't a work out (sorry), but increased protein helps speed healing.....Vitamin c is great for that too. You aren't even a week out! Go easy girl!

(you can post this to me after mine, when I am crawling the walls, for poetic justice)

I know this isn't a work out (sorry), but increased protein helps speed healing.....Vitamin c is great for that too. You aren't even a week out! Go easy girl!

(you can post this to me after mine, when I am crawling the walls, for poetic justice)

I will spare you. Lol! :) everyone is different but I can tell you my first day was not fun. And the worst part was that most of my pain was coming from my back because they had me wrapped so tight! I could hardly breath! But my doc also gave me a local so my chest and breast pain was not to harsh. My drains were removed the second day which made me feel better. Now the only pain I have is under my breasts but only when getting up from sleeping or when I laugh. I am just ready to get back in the gym because I was doing better than I ever have with diet and maintaining a gym schedule. I will definitely take the advice on upping my protein. Thnx :)

If you got "overs" there's no intrusion on the pec muscle so much less to worry about in terms of healing. If you got "unders" or "Partials" - basically anything that they had to create a pocket within your muscle to accommodate the implant, you need to let that heal. This is probably the biggest source of issue w/ capsular contracture (which means you'll be going back for a reboob) - the pocket needs to heal correctly, and you also need to give time to accommodate the scar tissue that will develop.

I got unders in 2000 - granted the technology is much improved since, but it was a full month before I could comfortably rotate my torso. I have concern about you trying to do ab work because that is part of your torso. FWIW I also started prep for a bodybuilding show in April - starting about 2 1/2 months after my surgery. The issue that was weirdest for me was scar tissue and tightness of having implants being under the influence of contracting pec muscles.

I get that you want to get back in the gym, but given you just had invasive surgery, your body's recovery from this trauma is much more important than you missing a week or two in the gym. I would avoid stuff that requires your torso to engage as well as follow the doc's orders on Range of Motion of your arms in these initial weeks. Patience now will pay off in spades in the future.

When my wife got them 3 years ago, she was out of the gym for a good 2 weeks, then slowly started making a comeback. Everything is going to be limited. I suggest using machines for a few weeks, till you get a feel for things. Even putting your arms on a bar for squats is going to stretch them.

Take the time to heal up, and if you feel a strain stop, and find something else to do.

Its a great time to get ur diet dialed in :)

P.S. Sassy is that u in ur avi?

When my wife got them 3 years ago, she was out of the gym for a good 2 weeks, then slowly started making a comeback. Everything is going to be limited. I suggest using machines for a few weeks, till you get a feel for things. Even putting your arms on a bar for squats is going to stretch them.

Take the time to heal up, and if you feel a strain stop, and find something else to do.

Its a great time to get ur diet dialed in :)

P.S. Sassy is that u in ur avi?

Yep - that's me 2 days after a competition I did in October last year.

Very nice work, how'd you make out. I'm still new hear ;)

I did one last october also, Ottawa's.

Very nice work, how'd you make out. I'm still new hear ;)

I did one last october also, Ottawa's.

Won :) If they were keeping women's BB around, I'd be competing nationally this year, but since they are killing it off, looking at downsizing for women's physique. Very weird lifting to lose muscle....

Wow i always wondered if that was you! Amazing hard work pays off obviously hey?

Live to lift / lift to live baby!

IML Gear Cream!
I appreciate the feedback..... I have realized that I should really be cautious of what I am doing. I walked again yesterday. I have been walking on a treadmill at a decent speed and with incline for about 40 min to an hour. I am surprised to say my girls are sore!! Nothing to bad but I can definitely feel it, so I am going to take it easy today and see how tomorrow goes. I am happy to say my ROM is getting better :clapping: I too was wondering about your avi sassy. Very nice :winkfinger: I often wonder if I will ever get that cut! I know it takes hard work and dedication, but with mine and my husbands schedules and our occasional lack of drive it makes for a challenge. But prior to my surgery I found a new me in the gym and I loved it!! So I am ready to get back to it! But now know with the advice I have received and my slight pain I need to pace myself until fully healed.

As for my diet.... I have been doing pretty darn good! I thought I would fail at my diet, but I have been eating chicken, tuna and eggs. I have been eating fewer times a day, but I suppose that is to expected.

^^ Good! You'll know when you can go full throttle. Just listen to your body. The first couple weeks are the most important. Both to allow your body to heal from the trauma of the surgery as well as clear the pain killers and anesthesia. The first week there tends to be some bloat as well. This will pass. Make sure you're drinking enough water. After that you're really just dealing w/ scar tissue. I would say be careful about the range you move your arms in the first couple weeks -- avoid overhead / above the shoulder range if you can. Then after the first 2-3 weeks, you can really just keep testing it and see how things feel. The biggest issue I had was being able to look behind me to back up in the car, and was also very careful about the seatbelt - it hit me in sore spots.

Generally I'd probably avoid flat bench and decline bench work. Those make me feel like the girls are going to fall out the sides. From my own experience, I honestly think heavy chest work does tend to push the implants out further (if yours are "unders" or "partials") - the contraction of the pecs seems to push them out. I'm built wide anyway (which you can see in my avi), so even immediately after my surgery I never really had "cleavage", but I honestly feel like they've moved out further in the 11 yrs since. Unless you're a national level BB'er I don't think you need to worry too much about heavy bench work. Incline press & fly is fine and focus on developing the upper pecs (which I do primarily w/ visualization to make sure I'm really getting the most out of the chest work I do. Cable work is great too.

Again, you'lll know how much to do initially. There's no rush to get to chest workouts. More I'd make sure you're comfortable w/ torso movements so you don't jerk something or get uncomfortable as a result of accommodating something that is still sore.

Back