• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Am I overdoing legs?

I Are Baboon

pedal pedal pedal
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just wondering if you thought I am doing too much on legs day. Here is what I did Saturday (I usually mix up the exercises, but here is an example). I pretty much do each set to failure.

Squats: 5 sets, 10 reps each
Stiff leg deadlift: 4 sets, 10 to 12 reps each
Romanian deadlift: 4 sets, 8 to 10 reps each
Seated leg curl: 4 sets, 10 reps each
Seated calf raise: 5 sets, 8 to 10 reps each

I do a similar routine every five days or so, always mixing in at least two different exercises than the previous legs workout. I am simply looking to add size and strength (aren't we all?).

I would do the "Romanian deadlift" on back day, I did those thismorning with back and my legs didn't get tired at all so I feel they're for back not legs.

You are doing 26 sets, its a little high I think but if you feel your REALLY pushing all the way through the entire workout then keep doing it.

Scotty, I want muscle growth, but I also want to add some endurance for biking, thus the high number of sets. I definitely feel I'm working through the entire workout.

As far as the deadlifts go, that link I gave states that they primarily hit the glutes, but work the hammies, quads, and back as secondary muscles. I want to work my glutes only one day, and splitting deadlifts and squats on different days would cause me to work glutes twice. Does that make sense?

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Scotty, I want muscle growth, but I also want to add some endurance for biking, thus the high number of sets. I definitely feel I'm working through the entire workout.
I kind of figured you were mostly training for biking, so as long as your pushing through the entire workout, its all good! :thumb:

As far as the deadlifts go, that link I gave states that they primarily hit the glutes, but work the hammies, quads, and back as secondary muscles. I want to work my glutes only one day, and splitting deadlifts and squats on different days would cause me to work glutes twice. Does that make sense?
They're stabilizer muscles and don't get worked directly so as long as you weren't doing back the day after legs, i don't think it would be a problem of overtraining.

Back