• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Tips for recording your workouts

How do you record your workouts?

• I dont record workouts, not interested in doing so.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I dont record workouts, Im too lazy to do it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use pen and paper (or similar) to record my workouts.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • I use my smarthpone (or similar) to record my workouts.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I use my computer (or similar) to record my workouts.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

StivenWhineberg

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi! Im thinking about starting to write a training log, or workout log or whatever they are called. So please answer the poll and write a few lines about your experiences and what you recommend or dont recommend

My phone works the best. I personally hate carrying around a bunch of stuff- and my phone is always with me anyway.

I have a logbook and just had a look at it and its nice to see the improvement in weight lifted from the first entry till now.

I keep a small notebook w/ me if I have a new workout so I know the sequence and target reps/sets. Otherwise I keep a log online and just update it at night. I don't usually look back on it but its recorded.

My phone works the best. I personally hate carrying around a bunch of stuff- and my phone is always with me anyway.

This.

I kept pen and paper logs for years, but then the light went on. My BlackBerry is on my hip at all times and its memo pad is perfect for keeping track of previous workouts and keeping a record of the day's sets and reps.

I'm constantly trying to do another rep or increase my weights and a journal keeps me aware of what my goals are.

Plus I can email the entry to my Gmail account or copy and paste directly to my training journal here.

I have a 5x7 inch hard notebook that I record my training in, then when it's full I remove the pages and clip them together and put them in a box in the garage. I have probably 20 years or more worth, the wife asked me why I didn't throw them away and I explained to her their importance. I don't think she got it, LOL

now who brings the notebook in the gym with them? we used to have sheets to fill out in highschool, now I just use my memory to know what weight I did LAST time I was lifting so I know to add a bit more.

now who brings the notebook in the gym with them? we used to have sheets to fill out in highschool, now I just use my memory to know what weight I did LAST time I was lifting so I know to add a bit more.

At 51, I have a hard time remembering stuff, so for me the notebook is my memory. Sucks getting old.

Yeah, I go by memory. Typically when I get home from the gym, while I'm drinking my shake I'll log it. I hate carrying shit around other than a towel in the gym.

You and your functioning brain.

At 51, I have a hard time remembering stuff, so for me the notebook is my memory. Sucks getting old.

I'll be 49 and I've never had a very good memory. Now? It's just an ugly thing.

Yeah, I go by memory. Typically when I get home from the gym, while I'm drinking my shake I'll log it. I hate carrying shit around other than a towel in the gym.

You and your functioning brain.

I'm not as old but my memory is long gone so I carry a pad to jot down the sets, reps, and weight then post it on my journal here. My memory is so bad I've lost 2 pads at the gym already. :loser:

I have seen more stepped-on, smashed, smooshed, sweated on, dampened, and salt-stained phones sitting on the floor at the gym than I care to count. And the yahoos who leave their phones somewhere where they're vulnerable to getting stepped on, dripped on or having a weight dropped on them and then get all freaked out when someone DOES step/sweat/drop a weight on it deserve a spot in the special olympics, methinks. And I always wonder WHY someone brings a phone with them onto the gym floor.

I guess I'm just a crotchety old codger, but I wouldn't mind the cell phones so much if they were actually used for data entry, and not by guys taking up a seat on a bench while chatting.

Personally, my wrinkled old brain still works well enough to remember the weight I used last, so I don't need to carry anything with.

I do not record them now, nor have I for many years. However I do have detailed journals from when I was 14-19 years old. I have to say they are a blast to read now that I am in my late 50's

I do not record them now, nor have I for many years. However I do have detailed journals from when I was 14-19 years old. I have to say they are a blast to read now that I am in my late 50's

I hear ya on that, I read some of my old workouts and try to figure out what the hell I was thinking and doing with my training. It was lift as long and hard as you could until you couldn't do anymore 6 sometimes 7 days a week. But damn it was fun at the time.

I should use it, but there's a good app out there called Jefit. That app has all sorts of great features. I don't usually record stuff but I should. I usually remember what I did before next time I lift which is kind of funny cause my memory sucks.

starting an online journal is fun because you can interact with people and share different points of view. But the older i get and train i go more by feel and when i start constantly getting crazy about numbers i hurt myself.

Back