• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

HCG the Real Story...

Ace5high

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im wondering why this has never been asked and maybe im missing something... but whats the Story on this HCG "diet" thing that is the biggest fad in diets today?

HCG has for as long as I can remember for use during cycle and PCT. Yet there are some things that are greatly contradicted between what we know HCG to be used for as bodybuilders and what the Diet community is selling it for.

Ive heard (from the weight loss community) HCG is a powerful fat burner and appetite suppressant. Now that isnt at all how we know it those who have been using this for PCT and recovery. Are these statements true at all maybe in different doses??

I would normally suggest that its nothing more than a marketing bunch of BS... BUT I know at least 5 people including my wife that have lost A lot of weight using HCG!! So my question is are we (bodybuilding community) misunderstood about all the effects and uses for HCG or are they (weight loss community) mistaken and wrong about the uses and effects of HCG? We cant both be right can we?

Hcg diet is a complete scam. We have covered this 100 times here.

Hcg diet is a complete scam. We have covered this 100 times here.

I agree thats what Ive always viewed it as until recently Ive seen several people I know loose 50+ lbs in 2 months that have previously failed on every fad diet in the book... I cant help but wonder why people are actually loosing weight??

I agree thats what Ive always viewed it as until recently Ive seen several people I know loose 50+ lbs in 2 months that have previously failed on every fad diet in the book... I cant help but wonder why people are actually loosing weight??
Well, you obviously don't know anyone who has done the diet or it would be obvious to you why they lose weight. They are put on a starvation diet.

Well, you obviously don't know anyone who has done the diet or it would be obvious to you why they lose weight. They are put on a starvation diet.

I already said that I know several people who did... they were eating much more than the 500cal protocol and still lost weight.

Im not disagreeing with you buddy. Ive been using HCG for PCT log before this diet BS was popular. It still doesn't discount what Ive seen happen with those who did, but whatever... I can take a guess where you stand on this topic. Do you always replay with that chip on your shoulder? :geewhiz:

Last edited:
I already said that I know several people who did... they were eating much more than the 500cal protocol and still lost weight.

Im not disagreeing with you buddy. Ive been using HCG for PCT log before this diet BS was popular. It still doesn't discount what Ive seen happen with those who did, but whatever... I can take a guess where you stand on this topic. Do you always replay with that chip on your shoulder? :geewhiz:
:roflmao: :winkfinger:

Science has repeatedly debunked the "HCG diet". Its a known fact that its a scam. We have posted study after study on numerous sites over and over showing this. The "HCG diet" is for suckers and salesmen. There is zero merit to HCG being linked to fat loss.

Last edited:
Contrary to what is posted on the net HCG does not promote weight loss at all.

Ineffectiveness of human chorionic gonadotropin in weight reduction: a double-blind study.

Stein MR, Julis RE, Peck CC, Hinshaw W, Sawicki JE, Deller JJ Jr.

Our investigation was designed to retest the hypothesis of the efficacy of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) on weight reduction in obese women in a clinic setting. We sought to duplicate the Asher-Harper study (1973) which had found that the combination of 500 cal diet and HCG had a statistically significant benefit over the diet and placebo combination as evidenced by greater weight loss and decrease in hunger. Fifty-one women between the ages of 18 and 60 participated in our 32-day prospective, randomized, double-blind comparison of HCG versus placebo. Each patient was given the same diet (the one prescribed in the Asher-Harper study), was weighed daily Monday through Saturday and was counselled by one of the investigators who administered the injections. Laboratory studies were performed at the time of initial physical examinations and at the end of the study. Twenty of 25 in the HCG and 21 of 26 patients in the placebo groups completed 28 injections. There was no statistically significant difference in the means of the two groups in number of injections received, weight loss, percent of weight loss, hip and waist circumference, weight loss per injections, or in hunger ratings. HCG does not appear to enhance the effectiveness of a rigidly imposed regimen for weight reduction.

PMID: 786001 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

How can it be difficult to understand that you are going to loose weight on 500 cal a day, you could sit around and still loose weight.

Back