• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

13 Year Old Forced to Remove American Flag from Bike, Decision Reversed!

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Old News But Good News Dept.

School Makes Boy Take American Flag Off Bike

Officials Later Backtrack; Allow Boy to Fly Flag on Bike

By Elissa Harrington, FOX40 News
November 12, 2010

13-year-old Cody Alicea rides with an American flag on the back of his bike. He says he does this to be patriotic and to honor veterans, like his own grandfather, Robert. He's had the flag on his bike for two months but Monday, was told to take it down.

A school official at Denair Middle School told Cody some students had been complaining about the flag and it was no longer allowed on school property.
"In this country we're supposed to be free," said Cody. "And I should be able to wave my flag wherever I want to. And they're telling me I can't." Cody had to take the flag off his bike and put it in his backpack, where he kept it all week.

Cody's grandfather says the school was concerned about racial tensions or uprisings because of the flag. He feels if there was really a problem it should have been brought up two months ago, not during Veterans week. And if it was an issue of safety, parents should have been contacted.

"No action should be taken. We don't want any repercussion," said Roger Alicea. "We just want Cody to be proud of what he's doing." Roger says the family is not planning to take any legal action, but they do want to meet with school staff.

Cody says he wants to serve in the military some day, and is raising money for a trip to Washington, D.C. in the Spring.

After being contacted by FOX40 Friday morning, Denair's Superintendent says Cody will be allowed to keep the flag on his bike. He told FOX40 he and the school are patriotic, but their main priority is keeping students safe; the school will focus on the students who are causing uprisings. Riding a bike is still not allowed on school campus, but when Cody rides his bike to school he can now fly the flag.

From Denair Middle School Makes Boy Take American Flag Off Bike - KTXL
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Maybe when I move to China, I should complain to the school principal that I'm American and I'm offended by the PRC flag flying in front of the school and ask them to take it down. Afterall, I'm not Chinese, so it's only fair that they remove their flag from my view while I'm there. While I'm at it, I should refuse to renew my visa when it expires. When they tell me I have to leave, I will remind them of the great contributions that immigrants make to their country and they are simply being racist and anti-immigrant. Sounds reasonable to me.

Maybe when I move to China, I should complain to the school principal that I'm American and I'm offended by the PRC flag flying in front of the school and ask them to take it down. Afterall, I'm not Chinese, so it's only fair that they remove their flag from my view while I'm there. While I'm at it, I should refuse to renew my visa when it expires. When they tell me I have to leave, I will remind them of the great contributions that immigrants make to their country and they are simply being racist and anti-immigrant. Sounds reasonable to me.

I was going to ask you to let us know how that works out for you, but...

Chinese-labor-camp.JPG

"...it just kinda makes me upset I can't fly the flag in my nation" You and me too buddy!

This pisses me off. Because of fear racial tensions he had to take it down?! Suck my nut. Where the fuck is this?

I was going to ask you to let us know how that works out for you, but...

Chinese-labor-camp.JPG

I'm sure they will understand. Immigration benefits us all. Why should I have to pay taxes anyway when immigration (legal or otherwise) has helped both our country and their's immensely. Plus, as a guest worker, I do have the right to not be offended by them displaying their country's flag in front of me. If they can't understand this, then some diversity training is in order.

^^^^ How do you say, "Good luck, comrade!" in Mandarin?

"...it just kinda makes me upset I can't fly the flag in my nation" You and me too buddy!

This pisses me off. Because of fear racial tensions he had to take it down?! Suck my nut. Where the fuck is this?

It's news from last year -- November 2010 -- but I only heard about it now, Googled, and posted.

They rescinded the decision and the boy is allowed to wave the flag again.

not sure where this happened but where I grew up in PA those kids that complained would be getting beat the fuk up...

Back