• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Doctor says my low cholesterol is bad

Junkboxer

Mr. Bigorexia
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Normally id post this in the nutrition section but this blood test was done because I am currently cruising on 200mg of test cyp/week and am getting ready to blast. Doctor told me my cholesterol was too low, at a total of 117. He also mentioned my vitamin d levels were to high, totaling 88 and my testosterone in the low 1000's. Im confused about my low cholesterol. Doctor told me to eat more meat and fish. I eat enough lol

tell a bodybuilder to eat more meat? sounds like a smart doc...

What was your HDL?

Normally id post this in the nutrition section but this blood test was done because I am currently cruising on 200mg of test cyp/week and am getting ready to blast. Doctor told me my cholesterol was too low, at a total of 117. He also mentioned my vitamin d levels were to high, totaling 88 and my testosterone in the low 1000's. Im confused about my low cholesterol. Doctor told me to eat more meat and fish. I eat enough lol

I'm assuming he meant your HDL, not your total. I've never had a cardiologist say someone's total or ldl was too low. below 150 for total is considered the "safe zone" in regards to risk for CAD.

Well ill be picking up a copy of the bloodwork this week so ill scan it and get it to you guys asap

Your doctor sounds like a smart person. It's not really so much about the total number, the importance is the ratio.

Your HDL is probably not high enough, while your LDL is probably in range so he wants you to bump up the HDL numbers.

Can't remember what my LDL was but he focused on my HDL being an all-time record low of (8) eight. Typically, it is the lipid profile that takes a bigger hit from aas than liver values.

Your doctor sounds like a smart person. It's not really so much about the total number, the importance is the ratio.

Your HDL is probably not high enough, while your LDL is probably in range so he wants you to bump up the HDL numbers.

Not really, eating meat won't raise the HDL. Niacin, and long, slow distance exercise will. This is assuming the doc was referring to HDL.

If he thinks that his ldl is too low, I have never heard of this and I work with cardiologists everyday.

IML Gear Cream!
OK so i got my results back. i'm terrified. no joke. he forgot to mention how bad my hematology report is. is any of this indicative of cancer or something?

My total cholesterol is substantially lower than 100 and always has been. My doctor was not worried at all.

OK so i got my results back. i'm terrified. no joke. he forgot to mention how bad my hematology report is. is any of this indicative of cancer or something?

I can't comment on your hematology, but your cholesterol is great.

There is nothing wrong with your cholesterol. HDL (good cholesterol) is normal. LDL (bad cholesterol) is low/normal.

Your Hemoglobin is high because steroids raise Hemoglobin, Hematocrit and RBC. If Hematocrit gets too high just give blood.

well regarding your cholesterol ,,, even if we all fight cholesterol , it's eventually something important in cell wall formation and many things on the cellular level ,,, so youshouldn't be happy when it's closer to zero.
but If I were you with these level , I wouldn't change anything of my diet :)

your haematology is just fine, I can't see what's terrifying you , would you explain ?

Looks Great overall. I would add an oral with liver values looking that good lol .

Back