• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ok...do You Want More And Better Cuts?

Dr. Pain

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok...DO You Want More And Better Cuts?

THEN POSE!

I've posted it before and seen it posted, but it is SO true. :D

Today...while dogging my W/O.....I tortured my Trainee Dr. J....after a little 3 set finishing act of low cable standing flyes, supersetted with one arm Swiss Ball flat DB presses.....since he is 9 weeks out....guess what?

That's right....POSING PRACTICE ( I even did some, :eek:mg:)

It's totally amazing that 4-5 minutes of posing (mandatories), "Pain Style" bought out MORE CUTS...MORE VEINS, more feathering and stri8tions...than the entire W/O...and he wasn't being a pussy during the W/O. Not only that, he was so winded...you'd think he just got off a treadmill. LOL :p

DP

Last edited:
LOL...yeah...I know...it's not like cardio eh?....postpone it as long as possible? :grin:

Yes, I agree with DP. Even if you are a Figure/Fitness competitor, do the bodybuilding poses. It helps to get you harder. I'm sore as all get out after posing practice.

my old training partner did this all the time, he beat it into me as well. :laugh: :laugh: BUT, it works..:thumb: :thumb:

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
MM, FDB, RDB, LS, AB&TH, SC, ST

Will explain in the morning....
Let me guess...

MM = most muscular
FDB = front double bicep
RDB = rear double bicep
LS = lat spread
AB&TH= abdominals & thigh
SC = side chest
ST = side tricep
Originally posted by Dr. Pain
Pain Style? LOL......hold the pose till your eyes pop out! :fire:
Ouch!

I wholeheartedly agree! In fact, I hold posing clinics all the time when preparing competitors for shows. I will get everyone together...have them line up...then I put them through all the mandatories. After I make sure they are doing everything right, I then put them through a "mock" prejudging. I will do this at least twice per week.

For myself, I begin posing practice 8 weeks from a show, and although I HATE every minute of it, I do it! Why, b/c it works. As a show nears I will actually lower the amount of time I spend on cardio, and increase my posing.

NOTHING makes me huff and puff and sweat like posing!

Good post!

IML Gear Cream!
When you are practicing your poses, do you do it just after a workout or is it something that could be done at home post workout.

I would find it a little embarrassing to pose at Ballys.

I find this beneficial, even for those of us who will probably never compete but, just want to have that hard look.

I actually find posing just as grueling as a weight workout. I prefer to do my posing on days OFF from lifting. I generally do it at home with some loud music blaring in the backround.

This may be a silly question but are there any books out there that I can buy to learn proper posing? Or is it just something you have to learn from someone who has done it before?

Originally posted by P-funk
This may be a silly question but are there any books out there that I can buy to learn proper posing? Or is it just something you have to learn from someone who has done it before?

There are no websites/books that do posing justice IMO...and there are a few good videos...
I think one is called "Perfect Posing"....The videos can only take you so far, and depending
how proficient you want to be....a Posing Coach can improve what you learn in the videos by 300% :p

DP

As DP said, there are some videos, but a good coach is invaluable for posing. This is one of my favorite tings to do as a contest prep coach...TEACH GOOD POSING!

Just curious, how much does a posing lesson with gopro run?

*you don't have to answer that if you don't want. I respect your privacy.*

Originally posted by P-funk
Just curious, how much does a posing lesson with gopro run?

*you don't have to answer that if you don't want. I respect your privacy.*

Its no real secret. Usually it will be around $50 an hour.

One of the best posers, Russ Testo, has a video. I once saw him guest pose back in the early nineties, awesome!

here is his website, although nothing is coming up right now:

http://www.russtesto.com

Originally posted by Prince
One of the best posers, Russ Testo, has a video. I once saw him guest pose back in the early nineties, awesome!

here is his website, although nothing is coming up right now:

http://www.russtesto.com

Yes, Russ is good.

IML Gear Cream!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't posing very similar to isometric contraction? If so, this could be done in some form while sitting are your desk during the day.

Originally posted by Rob_NC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't posing very similar to isometric contraction? If so, this could be done in some form while sitting are your desk during the day.

Yes it is and yes you can. However, we were speaking about it in the context of competition...or practicing the actual poses one will be doing onstage.

Originally posted by gopro
Yes it is and yes you can. However, we were speaking about it in the context of competition...or practicing the actual poses one will be doing onstage.

I understand that, but what bodybuilder doesn't want more and better cuts no matter if they intend to compete or not. I'm gonna give posing a try even though I'm not going to compete.

Originally posted by Rob_NC
I understand that, but what bodybuilder doesn't want more and better cuts no matter if they intend to compete or not. I'm gonna give posing a try even though I'm not going to compete.

Absolutely...everyone can benefit from posing!!

Anyone thinking of competing (myself included) is bound to help themselves place higher with the assistance of a paid trainer. Dont go at it alone. my trainer is amazing. He's at fitfranco.com He's a smart guy with good credentials and a former competitor. I'd walk thru the fires of hell for him!

juggernaut said:
Anyone thinking of competing (myself included) is bound to help themselves place higher with the assistance of a paid trainer. Dont go at it alone. my trainer is amazing. He's at fitfranco.com He's a smart guy with good credentials and a former competitor. I'd walk thru the fires of hell for him!

As a paid trainer and contest prep coach, I couldn't agree more! :D

Berlin said:
Not Even SEX?

Maybe when I'm with 2 girls at once, but no single chick can make me sweat more than hard posing. ;)

gopro said:
Maybe when I'm with 2 girls at once, but no single chick can make me sweat more than hard posing. ;)

Hmmm.... that sounds like a challenge to me. :evil2:

Back