• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG)

heavyiron

Chemistry Experiment
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
HCG - Clinical Pharmacology

Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), is a polypeptide hormone produced by the human placenta. The action of HCG is virtually identical to that of pituitary LH, although HCG appears to have a small degree of FSH activity as well. It stimulates production of gonadal steroid hormones by stimulating the interstitial cells (Leydig cells) of the testis to produce androgens and the corpus luteum of the ovary to produce progesterone.

Indications and Usage for HCG on Cycle

One of the indications for HCG is treating selected cases of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (hypogonadism secondary to a pituitary deficiency) in males. This is similar to the state the steroid user is in during a steroid cycle. Testosterone-Induced gonadotropin suppression tends to cause atrophy of the testes and decreases intratesticular testosterone. In other words, when a male administers testosterone his testes shrink because they are suppressed. A simple way to restore ITT levels and maintain the mass of the testes is to administer HCG during testosterone treatment.

34787d1314985674-human-chorionic-gonadotropin-hcg-z-hcg.jpg

HCG HAS NOT BEEN DEMONSTRATED TO BE EFFECTIVE ADJUNCTIVE THERAPY IN THE TREATMENT OF OBESITY. THERE IS NO SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE THAT IT INCREASES WEIGHT LOSS BEYOND THAT RESULTING FROM CALORIC RESTRICTION, THAT IT CAUSES A MORE ATTRACTIVE OR “NORMAL” DISTRIBUTION OF FAT, OR THAT IT DECREASES THE HUNGER AND DISCOMFORT ASSOCIATED WITH CALORIE-RESTRICTED DIETS.

HCG Dosage and Administration

HCG may be injected intramuscularly or subcutaneously. During a low dose study it was determined that HCG is dose dependent and that approximately 300iu HCG taken every other day restored ITT levels. This is 1,050iu HCG weekly. I recommend 500iu twice weekly while on testosterone treatment. On a very heavy cycle a third dose of 500iu could be added. HCG will not only keep ITT levels and the mass of the testes normal but will also aid in keeping the male fertile. The HCG is administered BEFORE the aas ester clears to increase the mass of the testes and bring back ITT levels. This will allow the testes to sustain output of testosterone sooner, speeding up recovery. HCG should NOT be used after the aas esters clear as this will only delay recovery. HCG can aromatize causing elevations in estradiol and water retention so using an aromatase inhibitor alongside HCG may be needed.

Directions for Reconstitution

Wash hands and sterilize work area. Sterilize rubber stoppers on vials with alcohol. HCG may be reconstituted at various strengths. Using less bacteriostatic water will provide a higher concentration of final product which will allow for smaller injection volume.

Common kit sizes are 5,000iu or 10,000iu. I like to place half the recommended water in the HCG vial to create a stronger concentration but larger water volumes are fine.

With a 5,000iu kit, inject 2.5 ml (cc’s) into the vial with the HCG powder. Direct the stream of water down the side of the glass, being careful not to direct the stream of water directly into the HCG powder; swirl gently until powder is completely dissolved in solution. Refrigerate solution.

With a 10,000iu kit, inject 5 ml (cc’s) into the vial with the HCG powder. Direct the stream of water down the side of the glass, being careful not to direct the stream of water directly into the HCG powder; swirl gently until powder is completely dissolved in solution. Refrigerate solution.

The above examples will yield 2,000iu of HCG per 1 ml (cc) 100 units.

½ ml (50 units on an insulin syringe) will yield 1,000iu HCG.

¼ ml (25 units) will yield 500iu HCG.

Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration. If the water is not clear, discard the product.

IMPORTANT: USE COMPLETELY AFTER RECONSTITUTION. RECONSTITUTED SOLUTION IS STABLE FOR 60 DAYS WHEN REFRIGERATED.

Store HCG powder at controlled room temperature 15–30°C (59–86°F). Reconstituted solution is stable for 60 days when refrigerated.

References

Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular Testosterone in Normal Men with Testosterone-Induced Gonadotropin Suppression

Pregnyl Official FDA information, side effects and uses.

Last edited:
Very interesting, so for someone already on treatment do you think this will be a thing in the future?

Many anti-aging clinics prescribe HCG concurrently with Testosterone replacement therapy to keep the testes producing however it is better suited for guys on cycle as HCG will speed recovery.

Excellent! HCG is a universal compound with many uses, you have explained that very well Heavy! :welldone:

the recovery that you mention is that jus for the boys operating back to being fertile and keeping your gains on cycle. I guess what i am asking is can you still keep your gains with a proper pct even if your boys are not 100%?

heavyiron does it again

Damn that heavyiron dude. He did it again. WTG great post and thanks heavy!

Right on the money Heavy-Thanks-OD:winkfinger:

the recovery that you mention is that jus for the boys operating back to being fertile and keeping your gains on cycle. I guess what i am asking is can you still keep your gains with a proper pct even if your boys are not 100%?
HCG will get your testes outputting testosterone sooner, so both. If you don't recover, gains may be lost.

Great post Heavy. I think this is one of the most overlooked products and under preached products to new guys. Super important and very effective.

Gotta ya thx heavy ... Will hcg cause any drop in you sugar levels . The only reason I ask cause I had a Hugh drop in sugar with high frag 176 ?

IML Gear Cream!
Great post heavyiron - everything is spot-on!

Her's a little extra - and very important part of using hCH -(for some people this is the most important part) there is a Blasting Phase - that is very important before going into your PCT.

Blast Phase Part 2 of HCG for heavy cycles. This phase should be ran in addition to the weekly dose during the heavy cycle.

Blast your HCG during the time period you are waiting for the suppressive compounds to leave your system. This is the time period starting the day after your last injection up until 4 days before SERM treatment. The blast Phase should consist of one of the following:

1) 500iu's every day.
2) 750iu's every day.
3) 1,000iu's every other day.
4) 1,500iu's every other day.

Since HCG directly stimulate's aromatization in the leydig cells some people can develop Gyno when taking high doses of HCG - You need to get a sense of how sensitive you are to HCG when determining how you want to run your blast phase. If you are sensitive start with every day dosing.

There are 3 reasons to run a blast phase of HCG

1) To test the testicles to see if they are still able to produce testosterone at their maximum capacity. If they can not produce testosterone at their maximum capacity you have developed secondary hypogonadism. It would be wise to get a blood test done during this time to see if the testicles are producing enough testosterone to get your testosterone levels within physiological range. If they are not, there is no point in SERM treatment at this time and more HCG is needed. When I say more, that may mean a higher dose for longer duration, or just a longer duration.

2) By blasting during this time we are ensuring that our testosterone is within physiological range, thus attempting to prevent going catabolic.

3) To stimulate the pituitary. This will provide the material the testes need to produce testosterone.

I run hCG with every cycle - for me personally I run it like this.

500iu's 2 X a week - for 5 weeks.

Take 1 week off - and repeat.

This info comes from Dr Scally and a friend DET.

I'm not opposed to higher doses of HCG but I think every day administration may be a bit too often.

This study on rats shows a refractory period of 60-96 hours after HCG administration. This may lend support to every 3-4 day injects of HCG rather than ed or eod.

Testicular steroidogenesis after human chorionic gonadotropin desensitization in rats.

Chasalow F, Marr H, Haour F, Saez JM.

When a single injection of 500 I.U. of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is given to rats there is an initial acute rise of plasma testosterone and of testicular content for both cyclic AMP and testosterone. This response correlates with an increase in both lyase and 17 alpha-hydroxylase activities. Thereafter both plasma and testicular testosterone decline and do not increase after a second injection of hCG. During this period of desensitization, isolated Leydig cells were insensitive to the steroidogenic stimulatory effect of both hCG and dibutyryl cyclic AMP. The post-cyclic AMP block is not due to an alteration of the cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase but it is correlated with a decrease in both lyase and 17 alpha-hydroxylase activities of the Leydig cell's microsomes. This decrease is not caused by the absence of the recently described cytosol activator of this enzyme because its addition did not restore the enzymatic activity. Within 60 to 96 h after hCG injection there was a spontaneous increase of both plasma and testicular testosterone and this parallels the recovery of lyase and 17 alpha-hydroxylase activities. These results suggest that both enzymatic activities are regulated, directly or indirectly, by hCG, and that this is partly responsible for the hCG-induced steroidogenic refractoriness of Leydig cells.

PMID: 221476 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Hey guys never taken hcg.
on cycle now running 500mg sustanon, for 10 weeks, can someone let me know how to run it, im confused if i start it after my last sustanon inj or a few weeks before my last shot to get it into my system, and what else should i take with it (nolvadex)...
Thanks

I like to keep guys on HCG the whole cycle at 500iu HCG twice weekly all the way up to when the sust ester clears, about 20 days after your last sust pin. Then Clomid starts at 50mg daily for 4 weeks.

I am about to start my first cycle in a couple weeks. My cycle is as follows:

Wk1-12 500mg Test E ew
Wk1-4 30mg Dbol ed
Wk1-18 Aromasin 12.5mg ed (adjust as needed)

PCT
Clomid 50/50/50/50
Nolva 40/40/20/20

Will this cycle require Hcg? I hear alot of guys talk about Hcg but never had anyone recomend it for my cycle. FWIW I dont need to be fertile (got my kids already) and honestly dont relly care if my balls shrink (I am married and the wife only needs one thing to not shrink...LOL). Do you think I should add Hcg into this cycle? Also why is the measurement for Hcg in I.U.? Thanks for any input. Hcg has got me kinda confused:hmmm:

Back