• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Painful injection site

booze

Chemically Enhanced
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys, second cycle and have hit a problem. My left ass cheek is on fire after my last pin on Monday, 4 days ago. I also pinned my right ass cheek at the same time. The pain is above and beyond anything I've experienced before. It hurts to walk, I can only squat to quarter depth but still hurts and cannot lay on my back due to extreme pain in my cheek. Have I got an infection or hit a nerve, what's the story?! Getting a bit worried here fellas!! Cheers.

Is the area hot to the touch? Red? How much swelling? Are you running a fever?

dang bro...that cant be good. it could possibly be infected. has the pain gotten worse since the injection or is it showing some signs of relief??

Hard to say, it might a little bit warmer but not by much and no redness according to the missus. Definitely worse since Monday, not running a fever or under the weather. Only two weeks into cycle and feel good, weight has already gone up. Do I need to book a drs appointment? Thanks for the quick replies!!

What was the pin size and how much oil was injected?

Is there a lump and if so, if you apply gentle pressure with a finger tip do you feel a "give"?

Last edited:
sometimes its were you stick the needle, i have had plenty of times were there was no pain at all, and other times i was sore as hell couldnt move my shoulder for 4 or 5 days, but other than that i havnt had a problem (knock on wood). site injection pain isnt too uncommon. if you get fever, or nausea or is gets swollen or red, then theres problems, but i think your good bro, give it some time to clear up, butt can fight infections good

What was the pin size and how much oil was injected?

Is there a lump and if so, if you apply gentle pressure with a finger tip do you feel a "give"?

21g and I injected 1.5ml in each ass cheek. Cant really find a lump, more just general sweeping that seems to be firm. And fukn sore!! Yeah I hope it clears up, I've booked a drs appt for next week. If there is aj infection what would they do?! And how is it diagnosed, visually? When I'm not on my phone reps for all. Thanks.

if you have infection, they will give to antibiotic cycle
i personally think your ok tho, no swelling or bruising or redness. im telling you i have had pain were i couldnt move shoulder after injection for 4 days or so.

Has it been past 72 hours since injection? Why did you inject so much at one time is it because you are injecting once a week or taking multiple compounds? How much are you running per week? What compounds and what brand are you using? Did you heat the oil? Did you swab the area with alcohol swab and allow it dry before injecting?

did you pin the upper outter quadrant?? do you think its possible you went thru a nerve?

IML Gear Cream!
21g and I injected 1.5ml in each ass cheek. Cant really find a lump, more just general sweeping that seems to be firm. And fukn sore!! Yeah I hope it clears up, I've booked a drs appt for next week. If there is aj infection what would they do?! And how is it diagnosed, visually? When I'm not on my phone reps for all. Thanks.

Based on this discription it may be that some portion of the oil did not deposit deeply enough into the muscle tissue, but actually into the aqueous layer just above. As oil and water do mix, the oil spreads outward. The surrounding tissue becomes inflamed as a natural response to the foreign invading substance. The surrounding inflamed tissue encases the fluid, like a dome covering. The bolus of fluid (water, white blood cells, and the steroid oil form an abcess.

Then it's a question sterility. If bacteria is presecent, white blood cells attack it and puss is formed. This will need to be drained by a medical professional.

If no live bacteria is present, that would suggest a sterile abcess. These typically clear up on their own by reabsorption.

did you pin the upper outter quadrant?? do you think its possible you went thru a nerve?

I was hoping for a nerve, but did pin outer left but pain shooting across top of left ass cheek. Maybe its a sterile abscess? Shot 3ml cos running 3 compounds, two test and equipoise. Swabbed and dried, sake sterile process as always. It's been 96 hours since injection, would expect to clear up in next day or two if not serious. Would heat pack and massage help or make worse?! Cheers.

only time will tell bro, hopefully the problem is that you put more oil than the muscle could handle and damaged it, or is pressing against something, if so youll be fine soon. if it gets worse and your in bad pain goto ER

only time will tell bro, hopefully the problem is that you put more oil than the muscle could handle and damaged it, or is pressing against something, if so youll be fine soon. if it gets worse and your in bad pain goto ER

Ok thanks for all the help. I might try some heat and massage tonight.

reps sent. any more tips/pointers would be great. if i still need to go to drs ill give an up date. thanks again.

21g is a huge needle to inject with. I use a 20 to draw with and a 23g to inject with.

Is that area of the injection site hairy? You may have pushed a hair down with the needle, I did that once in my thigh and it hurt for about a week. I now shave the injection area before using that area now.

I also had problems once when I had added some test enanthate and test prop together, even though 3 other injections caused no problems at all, nor did injections afterwards.

Hopefully the pain goes away.

Good luck.

21g is a huge needle to inject with. I use a 20 to draw with and a 23g to inject with.

Is that area of the injection site hairy? You may have pushed a hair down with the needle, I did that once in my thigh and it hurt for about a week. I now shave the injection area before using that area now.

I also had problems once when I had added some test enanthate and test prop together, even though 3 other injections caused no problems at all, nor did injections afterwards.

Hopefully the pain goes away.

Good luck.

Sorry I'm an idiot, draw with 21 and pin 23!! Tiny bit of hair, no big black ones tho! Test e and p is interesting, cos that's what was prolly mixed together by the time 3 compounds were in the pin.

I like to use a 25G to inject but that wouldn't cause the pain. It should start to get better f not you need to get to doc right away.

Apply heat and cold, alternating. If you don't have a heating pad, get one. Definitely worth the small investment.

Yeah I've got.some heat on it at the moment. It feels tight to move as well as painful. I lift my legs and its like the muscle.is balked and won't stretch to allow me to life my leg?!

IML Gear Cream!
Keep the heat going. It will help with absorption. Cold will help with swelling. And 600 mg ibuprofen (if you can take that) is helpful.

could be a few things and you need to take this serious. It could be a start of a abcess,is the area warm or swelling ,has it lasted for days the swelling,do you have flku like symptoms.Or it could be the gear and its made wrong. Alot of ug labs dont make it the right mixture of ba per ratio. But if your in that much pain then dont use the gear again and it could be bunk.Pm the lab and i'll let you know if its legit or not

If the pain persists and it starts to swell, get to a doctor or get a turkey baster of a syringe and drain the puss out. Is this the first time you injected this specific amp/vial of oil?

could be a few things and you need to take this serious. It could be a start of a abcess,is the area warm or swelling ,has it lasted for days the swelling,do you have flku like symptoms.Or it could be the gear and its made wrong. Alot of ug labs dont make it the right mixture of ba per ratio. But if your in that much pain then dont use the gear again and it could be bunk.Pm the lab and i'll let you know if its legit or not

definitely taking this serious. the constant pain seems to have subsided somewhat this morning. still very tight and sore but definitely a little bit better. i dont have any flu like symptons. i have had two injections since this started to hurt and no problems in my right cheek at all. it is homebrew from oz so no lab name as such. but have used previously with no problems.
due to less pain this morning, would one think that i am on the mend or im not out of the woods yet?!
thanks again fellas.

Keep the heat going. It will help with absorption. Cold will help with swelling. And 600 mg ibuprofen (if you can take that) is helpful.

ive got the heat going on again this morning!

If the pain persists and it starts to swell, get to a doctor or get a turkey baster of a syringe and drain the puss out. Is this the first time you injected this specific amp/vial of oil?

I know you mean well pieguy but please do not drain the abcess if you do have one let the doctors do that please.If you dont know what your foing you can do more harm to your self

A doctor is just going to stab it and drain it then give u an antibiotic. But for safety, yeah a doctor would be the best option, but if u don't have the money to see a doctor, that's ur next best option.

A doctor is just going to stab it and drain it then give u an antibiotic. But for safety, yeah a doctor would be the best option, but if u don't have the money to see a doctor, that's ur next best option.

pain has eased somewhat today but drs visit isnt that expensive over here. have one booked for monday but hopefully better by then?!?!

Hopefuly you are ok nut like I said check the gear

my shoulder was really sore for 4 days after injection and was bank holiday no doctors for 4 days so i jabbed an empty barrel where it was sore and withdrew 1.5 ml of nasty stuff instant relief no pain gone thats what i do

Back