• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

To W8Lifter

Gettin'old

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
W8Lifter, you wrote a large article on sugar and carbs etc that became a very informative sticky. Could you give me the lowdown on Maltodextrin please.

Thanks.

I did? :scratch: I've gathered lots of info from other sources, and DP's written stuff, but I don't remember writing it.

Anyway...what do you want to know? It's not the greatest thing to eat....in fact, I avoid it like the plague.

Let me see, how am I going to explain this. I think this is a situation most lifters find themselves in.

I feel like I need a really good (preferably, but not necessarily portable - - like a bar) source of protein. If I had my way, I would like an excellent meal replacement or snack type product with good protein AND good clean carbs without the sugar.

I've read a lot about how sugar detrimentally affects the immune system and the intestinal bacteria, among other things. This led me on a search for a good bar with no sugar. The problem is, they all seem to replace the sugar with maltodextrin.

If I have to I will just buy a good protein source and eat bananas when I have them (I'm envisioning at the office and post workout at the gym before I hit the spa). If you recommend this route, what protein source would you recommend?

Did I give enough info?

Thanks for responding so fast.

Bananas are NOT a good source of post workout carbs. If you are trying to replenish muscle glycogen, fructose ain't gonna do it. Fructose preferentially fills liver glycogen, not muscle. So bad choice.

Malto IS a sugar, and a good one (along with dextrose/glucose) for replenshiing muscle glycogen post w/o. Of course, if you are low carbing it you may not want to use this. But I have heard of people in ketosis that STAY in ketosis with a limited amount of post w/o carbs.

Thanks Twin. I'm not on any particlarly low carb diet and am not in ketosis. I'm just looking for some good fuel to keep the building going. And, I'm looking for something convenient that I can take to work and to the gym; that has low saturated fat and preferably low sugar. The problem is, all the "sugar free" products are loaded with maltodextrin and this also has a significant detrimental impact on the immune system and other functions, according to what I've read.

Any suggestions for good product?

post w/o is simple. Maltodextrin/dextrose with whey.

for the office, i don't see why you can't bring a meal with you. Maybe a tuna salad on whole wheat bread. Or even a chicken breast with a mashed sweet potato and sour cream.

Eating at work has never really been a problem for me. My boss wouldn't mind me bringing a meal to my desk and eating it, and i was always done within 10 min anyway.

I do bring a meal to work. In fact, I installed my own refrigerator in my office! But, I need some good, convenient product for in-between meals, on the road and at the gym. Also, from what I've read the maltodextrin is not good for you.

thanks for the input though.

Back