• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Low Carb Keto Turnip Au Gratin

SinOrSlim

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
IMG_8363.jpg

Potatoes Au Gratin are one of my favorite sides so I decided to come up with a way of making it low carb by replacing the potatoes with turnips along with a few other changes. The dish came out great and yielded about 6 generous portions but I would highly recommend adding cheese between each layer of turnips when you make the dish so it has a more authentic flavor. (I think mine was lacking a bit of the cheesiness on the inside) I will definitely make this again with the extra cheese and repost soon! Perfect keto recipe!

Ingredients:

2 Large Turnips
2 Tbsp Flaxseed MEal
1 Cup Unsweetneded Almond Milk
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Cup Cheddar cheese
1/4 Cup 3 Cheese Blend (Parmesan, Romano and Asiago)

IMG_7607.jpg

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. Peel and slice turnips thinly using a grater

IMG_7698.jpg

3. Mix flaxseed meal with salt and pepper to taste

IMG_8453.jpg

4. Grease a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and spread a layer of grated turnips (about 1/3 of the turnips)

IMG_7578.jpg

5. Top layer with 1/3 of the flaxseed meal mix

IMG_8236.jpg

6. Repeat this creating layers until all the flaxseed meal and turnips have been used (about 3 layers)
* note: I recommend adding cheese on top of each layer as well

7. Heat almond milk and heavy cream on the stove top

IMG_1785.jpg

8. Distribute the cheddar cheese evenly over the top of the layered turnip baking dish and pour the hot milk mixture over the cheese as well

IMG_3734.jpg

9. Cover and bake for 45 minutes

10. Remove from heat and distribute the 3 cheese mix evenly on top of the dish

IMG_1192.jpg

11. Place in the oven and bake an additional 8 minutes and then broil for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has browned.

IMG_3477.jpg

12. Let cool, cut into 6 portions, place on a plate and enjoy!

IMG_8149.jpg

For more daily and personally made low carb and keto recipes check out Low Carb, Keto , Paleo Diet Recipes | Nutrition Tips

Back