• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

7 rules of packing on muscle

85metal

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
  1. Eat at least five times a day, every two to three hours. You must keep your system saturated with amino acids and glycogen from protein and carb sources, respectively, if you want to push muscle growth to abnormal levels. You never know when your body will need these precious nutrients. What's more, not eating every few hours can cause the starvation mechanism to kick in, which signals your body to begin consuming its own muscle tissue.
  2. Center your bodybuilding program around the big compound movements, such as squats and presses. You should strive for maximum efficiency of effort, or to work as many muscle groups as possible with as few sets as possible. Squats, for example, train not only your quads but also your lower back and glutes, so direct work for the muscles that assist during the squat should be minimal. This leaves more of your recovery ability to help in the growth process when you're out of the gym.
  3. Don't do more than 30 all-out work sets at any workout, and less is usually better. Overtraining is the number one reason most bodybuilders can't pack on muscle weight.
  4. Don't train more than two days in a row. Your muscles aren't the only things that have to recover after a heavy workout; your entire nervous system needs a rest too.
  5. Have a protein drink immediately after every traning session. Research indicates that boosting insulin levels right after an intense workout promotes muscle protein synthesis, which leads to faster growth.
  6. Take a break after four to six weeks of high intensity training. Either take a full week off or downshift your intensity for two weeks. This lets you recuperate fully and in many cases promotes a new growth spurt.
  7. Keep your cruise control on. Try to keep your cool during the day no matter what. Getting overly excited can stress you out and cause excessive energy burn, energy your body could be using to fuel extraordinary muscle growth.

def some basics, but ud be surprised how many people dont realize the sleep aspect of this whole sport, I wish I could get more myself, and Im guilty of training too much too

def some basics, but ud be surprised how many people dont realize the sleep aspect of this whole sport, I wish I could get more myself, and Im guilty of training too much too
oh im guilty of both of these. i admit sometimes i way over train. i also admit i dont get nearly as much sleep as i should., but thats what school full time work. training for the marines and a long time GF will do to you :mooh:

Good info however taking a week off for every four weeks of hard training seems a bit extreme to me. A week off for every 8 to 12 weeks of training always did me justice.

I think number 1 is bullshit, number 2 should have included pulling movements, and number 5 is advertising.
As mentioned before sleep should be on the list. I would have also added changing up your routines (good for stimulating new growth, reducing injuries, and killing boredom)

Basic Stuff- Just Add Water and multis also

1. Eat at least five times a day, every two to three hours. You must keep your system saturated with amino acids and glycogen from protein and carb sources, respectively, if you want to push muscle growth to abnormal levels. You never know when your body will need these precious nutrients. What's more, not eating every few hours can cause the starvation mechanism to kick in, which signals your body to begin consuming its own muscle tissue.
  2. Center your bodybuilding program around the big compound movements, such as squats and presses. You should strive for maximum efficiency of effort, or to work as many muscle groups as possible with as few sets as possible. Squats, for example, train not only your quads but also your lower back and glutes, so direct work for the muscles that assist during the squat should be minimal. This leaves more of your recovery ability to help in the growth process when you're out of the gym.
  3. Don't do more than 30 all-out work sets at any workout, and less is usually better. Overtraining is the number one reason most bodybuilders can't pack on muscle weight.
  4. Don't train more than two days in a row. Your muscles aren't the only things that have to recover after a heavy workout; your entire nervous system needs a rest too.
  5. Have a protein drink immediately after every traning session. Research indicates that boosting insulin levels right after an intense workout promotes muscle protein synthesis, which leads to faster growth.
  6. Take a break after four to six weeks of high intensity training. Either take a full week off or downshift your intensity for two weeks. This lets you recuperate fully and in many cases promotes a new growth spurt.
  7. Keep your cruise control on. Try to keep your cool during the day no matter what. Getting overly excited can stress you out and cause excessive energy burn, energy your body could be using to fuel extraordinary muscle growth.
Pretty basic here man I would add a gallon of water also as well as a multi V and Fish oil supp daily. But that's all basic also ;-)

I think number 1 is bullshit, number 2 should have included pulling movements, and number 5 is advertising.
As mentioned before sleep should be on the list. I would have also added changing up your routines (good for stimulating new growth, reducing injuries, and killing boredom)

agreed. Allthough #1 isn't entirely bullshit, it does imply to the "new guy" frequent eating will magically turn you into ronnie but looking through some piss poor wording in that we all know eating frequently is very beneficial BUT it is also possible to eat less frequently but correct quanities of macros can work as well. Your other points are spot on, #5 should just be swapped out for say "Morning and PWO are key times for nutrition intake, eat clean and eat well." Yes all day eating clean and well should be a general rule of thumb but morning and pwo deserve a bit of emphasis.

So no matter if I only train one body part per day, I should still take every third day off?

I disagree with 6 mostly. No need to schedule in a break from training. Your body and mind will naturally have peaks and valleys. Listen to your body, if your feeling effed up after 2 weeks don't train. If your feeling great 12 weeks in a row keep tearing it up.

IML Gear Cream!
So no matter if I only train one body part per day, I should still take every third day off?

Learn how your own body handles it. Some people train 5 to 6 days a week and still make size and str gains. While others do fine on a three day a week routine. The best way is to learn all the basics then make adjustments to what you yourself need.

Reinforcing these building blocks of training will lead to a solid foundation and nice gains!

Learn how your own body handles it. Some people train 5 to 6 days a week and still make size and str gains. While others do fine on a three day a week routine. The best way is to learn all the basics then make adjustments to what you yourself need.
I agree and actually use both methods the determining factor being current caloric intake and macro break down. How much you are eating and how your nutrients play out have direct effect on your ability to recover and that should dictate your frequency.

Great advice, if I was in high school. All you did was copy and paste some bullshit from a BB mag. You know how I can tell number 5 (real food is always better than a protein shake)!!! But you will very seldom see that in a BB mag, because supplement companies don???t sell chicken. I can go on and on with what???s wrong with the post, but I think I made my point. I give you A for effort, but next time try to contribute something more than crap we can read at the checkout line at the store.

Nice post bro

Back